Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I mean we are soft and not tough - that is undeniable. Just look what happened after Bastian got blasted. Rangers game intensity folded faster than a folding chair.

Don't know much about Kurtis MacDermid, so now will have to see what this is about.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Again, it's fine to want toughness. I don't blame you if you do, I just don't think Kurtis MacDermid is the solution lmao
And he’s another defenseman. Where the F is he going to play? We have no forwards to the point we are playing tierney. And we trade an intriguing KHL player with tenacity and speed.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I liked Bardakov too, Guadana mentioned him today. MacDermid was on waivers earlier, I think. A 7th itself seems fair lol

MacDermid hasn't been on waivers since his days with the Kings according to the CapFriendly transaction logs. But yeah, definitely an overreaction from the last Ranger game. We'll see if he's a lineup regular or just a designated face puncher depending on the opponent.

And he’s another defenseman. Where the F is he going to play? We have no forwards to the point we are playing tierney. And we trade an intriguing KHL player with tenacity and speed.

I think MacDermid has taken shifts at LW in the past.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
How many veteran defenseman do the Devils now have that aren’t very good? At least a handful.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_4141.jpeg

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Edit: Sorry, the new development is that the Devils may be willing to do the Markstrom deal without retention
If that happens we probably wont be re-signing Toffoli as his nominated cap space that Fitz planned to re-sign him will now go to Markstrom. It also could we may need to keep Holtz and play him in Toffoli role next season. If not we going to need a cheap top 6 forward. Gritsyuk joining Devils will help a lot of they can work out a deal with his Russian club.

I'll say trade Toffoli and use the Toffoli return received to trade for Markstrom.
Move up Holtz to 3rd line to replace Toffoli's role in the lineup. If Nolan Foote is ready he could be a 4th line option, although Ruff will probably play Brendan Smith at wing.

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad