Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Tatar is the most overrated recent Devils player there is.

He’s approaching to recent Devils players what John Gibson is to goalies.
He’s a good hard-working depth player. Team really doesn’t have many of those this year outside of Lazar.

I can’t see this being the season of giving up prime assets, nor should it be. Just think he would be a smart option that says you’re not giving up on the season, but also not investing on a Henrique that’ll cost you prime assets.

If I’m going to trade for a depth forward, someone with familiarity with the team would be a big bonus too.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He’s a good hard-working depth player. Team really doesn’t have many of those this year outside of Lazar.

I can’t see this being the season of giving up prime assets, nor should it be. Just think he would be a smart option that says you’re not giving up on the season, but also not investing on a Henrique that’ll cost you prime assets.

If I’m going to trade for a depth forward, someone with familiarity with the team would be a big bonus too.
I agree we shouldn’t give up assets, but the longing for Tatar is weird.

To be clear, I wouldn’t have protested bringing him back for the same deal Colorado signed him for. That was a bargain, but we weren’t gonna get what we got out of him last year. We really didn’t get it the year before last year.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can’t even remember Noesen’s goal off the face here, but I remember one off Zajac’s helmet.

Wasn’t Volchenkov’s SCF goal off a Kings player’s helmet?

Or was that Salvador’s goal in the same series?

Or both?

Mike Mottau off of Bobby Holik’s is another I remember. That’s the goal where the “His shot couldn’t hurt a fly” comment came from. Because he really didn’t feel it much because it was Mike Mottau.

Reactions: glenwo2

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I can’t even remember Noesen’s goal off the face here, but I remember one off Zajac’s helmet.

Wasn’t Volchenkov’s SCF goal off a Kings player’s helmet?

Or was that Salvador’s goal in the same series?

Or both?

Mike Mottau off of Bobby Holik’s is another I remember. That’s the goal where the “His shot couldn’t hurt a fly” comment came from. Because he really didn’t feel it much because it was Mike Mottau.

Volchenkov's was off Voynov's head, Sal's was also off Voynov, but not his head.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Bouncing the Rangers in the 1st round again given the vast difference in expectations would most certainly salvage this otherwise disappointment of a season.

And playoff experience is always good for a young core.

I understand the logic but this does nothing help but fuel their "little brother" comments lol

Tatar is the most overrated recent Devils player there is.

He’s approaching to recent Devils players what John Gibson is to goalies.

Eh, that line of him, Mercer and Nico were our best line if you take the totality of the season. Rarely did they have bad nights last year, Nico seems like he's moved off Tatar but Mercer looks like a shell of himself

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
That's a fair point but not making them can be just as good ...providing we don't trade away a lot to get in and we fall short....It will create more hunger and make these young players realize nothing is guaranteed....Last year a lot of it came easy this year nothing has been easy but they have shown fight just not on a consistent basis.....The opposite sell and missing while adding assets that we can select a good prospect or deal for a goalie while keeping more of the assets we know could pay off....
I hear you and it's a valid point. I'm just annoyed that we're selling Toffoli and not even making an attempt to solve the coaching and 4 year goaltending problems. I see this season as a gigantic failure from the organization and we pissed away a chance to gain real playoff experience.

Last year may have come easy but this could put us right back to where we were. The regular season isn't as important to me anymore with this team. We've built through the draft. Time to play big boy games.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
We are getting a 29 year old journeyman defenseman who doesn’t play a full season ever for… what? We haven’t even played desimone yet.

And to trade a pick AND Bardakov, a guy with skill set we actually f***ing need right now especially after McL exit … who could play as early as next year?

Fire fitz. This season has been a nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad