Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
13 pts in last 11 gms for Nico
He's by all means having a really good season yet again. He started out slow with just 2 points in his first 7 games, which then followed him missing a month with the suspected concussion.

Sometimes I forget he even missed a month earlier this year. Both him and Jack were out at the same time for about 2 weeks or so in November.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Regardless of the quality of the example, a player is much more likely to hit the pinnacle of his career offensively at 22 (a young age)than defensively.

And most if not all of the young defenders that have won the Norris are being awarded the trophy based almost entirely on offense....just like Quinn will be this year and Makar and Fox were previously

I agree that simple offense tends to develop early but there is always the exception to the rule and Jack was maybe recently 20 when you slammed him? How many NHL players are at their peak by their sophomore year if they start it as a teenager? I’ll guess most hit their peak a bit later than 20.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
giving up assets for an expensive pending UFA like Hanifin definitely doesn't make much sense considering where we are. He is basically lefty Severson. We don't need that type of skillset on the backend IMO.

If you are going to give up prime assets for a DMan, I would much rather get a guy like Chychrun who is younger and has another year of term.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Ugh so I ended up just paying $440 for an Adidas Stadium Series Jersey from eBay. I can't believe I just paid this much especially being i had one in my cart the other day. Am I stupid? Please be honest. Watch next week the store reloads with jerseys. That would be my luck. Now I don't need those fanatic jerseys I ordered so I guess ill return them or sell them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He's by all means having a really good season yet again. He started out slow with just 2 points in his first 7 games, which then followed him missing a month with the suspected concussion.

Sometimes I forget he even missed a month earlier this year. Both him and Jack were out at the same time for about 2 weeks or so in November.

Our record with both of them out was truly abhorrent.

Reactions: Bleedred

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ugh so I ended up just paying $440 for an Adidas Stadium Series Jersey from eBay. I can't believe I just paid this much especially being i had one in my cart the other day. Am I stupid? Please be honest. Watch next week the store reloads with jerseys. That would be my luck. Now I don't need those fanatic jerseys I ordered so I guess ill return them or sell them.

If you can afford it and you love the product then that's all that matter.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know what a jersey costs these days.

I'm still living in the CCM and Reebok eras. I even love Reebok's NHL hats.

I never got an Adidas jersey. I don't know about a Fanatics either.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019

An Adidas jersey from the website is like 240. Between tax and shipping I overpaid by $170 for the Adidas. The fanatics jersey I got at store price but 2 different qualities. Fanatics has a heat pressed logo.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
If you like it and can afford it, don't feel too bad. At least you got the Adidas, I'm fully expecting my Fanatics jacket to incinerate upon opening. I'll just have to eat the 20 bucks to send it back.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

It's badly marked up, but the stadium series is sold out everywhere right now and it's the only way to have one by the game I think.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
If you like it and can afford it, don't feel too bad. At least you got the Adidas, I'm fully expecting my Fanatics jacket to incinerate upon opening. I'll just have to eat the 20 bucks to send it back.
The fanatics aren't that bad. The only thing I'll say is be careful washing it. My fanatics jersey I didn't really read the directions and washed it with warm water. I might of even thrown it in the dryer like an idiot and the logo started to bubble up

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I agree that simple offense tends to develop early but there is always the exception to the rule and Jack was maybe recently 20 when you slammed him? How many NHL players are at their peak by their sophomore year if they start it as a teenager? I’ll guess most hit their peak a bit later than 20.
I don't think he was even 20 when I made those comments.

Yes most peak a bit later than 20...not much later though.

But I don't know of any elite player that was as bad as Jack was in his first two years. Joe Thornton I suppose, but he was also 6'4 220 lbs being utilized as a bottom 6 player that was dropping the gloves against the likes of Ken Daneyko and to me that is not really a similar situation. But I'll never change my mind in believing Jack simply didn't belong in the league in 2019 and maybe even not 2020.

Regardless none of this comparable to the time it takes a defenseman to become elite at his craft. Not remotely similar- It's just apples and oranges.

Wayne Gretzky was 20 years old when he broke the 200 point mark. Nick Lidstrom was 30 when he won his first Norris.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
The fanatics aren't that bad. The only thing I'll say is be careful washing it. My fanatics jersey I didn't really read the directions and washed it with warm water. I might of even thrown it in the dryer like an idiot and the logo started to bubble up
I've noticed some of the logos have some terrible crimping going on from some of the pictures I've seen on social media. I wanted to see one in person before I copped. Let us know what you think when they arrive, but you should be good with the Adidas one regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad