Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Super late and just getting back into the house today, I like those Stadium Series jerseys and I'll probably grab one. Only thing I wished is they flipped the colors, would've been a top 3 jersey in Devils history and you could've swapped it with the "Jersey" jersey as the third eventually

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
I have been wavering on whether or not I like the Stadium Series sweaters but I think I do like them. I shall be ordering a Lazar sweater on February 5th and paying for overnight shipping. I know with Fanatics, overnight means about 3 weeks though.

I currently have a unique Lazar jersey. I'm pretty sure this will make 2 total Lazar jersey owners.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Like the summer is going to be any better lol. Same guys will be waiting then and same teams looking for help.
You're not wrong but maybe Boston makes a choice or something idk. There really is no good solution unless you want to go all in right now and move assets that a lot of ppl are hesitant to want to move.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
I have been wavering on whether or not I like the Stadium Series sweaters but I think I do like them. I shall be ordering a Lazar sweater on February 5th and paying for overnight shipping. I know with Fanatics, overnight means about 3 weeks though.
IMG_2727.jpeg

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
The good thing about trying another goalie is that will be more data regarding whether we have bad goalies, a bad goalie coach, a play style that puts too much pressure on goalies, or some combo of the three.

Like we know poor Vitek can't stop a beach ball, but watching Schmid and Daws slink into mediocrity has me worried. Especially since I believe that Daws could eventually be a decent starter.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
The good thing about trying another goalie is that will be more data regarding whether we have bad goalies, a bad goalie coach, a play style that puts too much pressure on goalies, or some combo of the three.

Like we know poor Vitek can't stop a beach ball, but watching Schmid and Daws slink into mediocrity has me worried. Especially since I believe that Daws could eventually be a decent starter.
Unfortunately we really can’t make assumptions about goaltending until our D is somewhat healthy. That 20 game stretch before Siegs went down we were top 10 in GAA. Our goalies looked fine in that stretch

Rolling a D full of rookies, young Dmen and AHLers is NOT good.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Unfortunately we really can’t make assumptions about goaltending until our D is somewhat healthy. That 20 game stretch before Siegs went down we were top 10 in GAA. Our goalies looked fine in that stretch

Rolling a D full of rookies, young Dmen and AHLers is NOT good.

I mean it's definitely not great for our team aspirations, but if all the goalies play behind it, it's a controlled variable at least.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Schmid is .886 in the AHL, I think he’s just bad this year.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

I think there's enough data already to prove Rogalski is a shit coach. Not enough data to prove the other stuff but I'm willing to bet that a better system alleviates a lot of the goalie problems.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Goalie coach definitely needs to walk the plank. Not sure if he's under contract for next year as of now or what, but I don't see any way you can keep him.

I'm not sold on Daws, and I've been saying this for 2 years, but I'm afraid we may have damaged his growth by playing him as much as we did in 21-22. He played 33 games in the AHL last year, but I can't remember if he was shut down before the season ended or not with his hip injury? Either way, I'm sure he was playing hurt at least part of that time. His AHL numbers didn't look that great last year, but they were probably about average.

However, I am sold on Daws being this team's best shot at allowing fewer goals to go into the net out of the two up right now and probably out of the three that have played for the NHL team this year.

Vitek has been so incredibly bad that I keep thinking he has a weird progression to the mean (market correction lol) stretch in him, but him stopping everything in relief last night and holding the Blue Jackets to just one goal feels like a huge accomplishment for this year's Vitek. He has just 3 games this year where he's allowed 1 or fewer goals. The 2-1 win over Boston last month, the game last week against the Blue Jackets and last night in relief where he allowed 0.

Samsonov just had a 1-0 OT win a few nights ago. Maybe Vitek is due for something like that? Either way, I don't expect it to last long. I think he's beyond damaged goods here.

Back to the goalie coach, I don't even want Daws or Schmid or Poulter or anybody (even Vitek) being touched by Rogalski right now. God forbid a goalie that isn't on the team or in the organization right now comes into contact with him. They have to fire him before bringing anybody else in to play goal. Let Marty or Clemmer interim goalie coach the rest of the year and hire somebody new in the offseason.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I like the idea of the white stitching on the stadium jersey until I saw the mock-up of it. It becomes to busy.

The Devils have the most fashionable of the 4. They model it like street wear (the guys has a turtle neck and gloves?!). The tone of the red throws me off, but as a jersey its solid. I would like to see the whole uniform.

Reactions: NjDevsRR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad