Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I like Weekes, and clearly he has connections, but recently he’s been doing this teasing thing a little too much with little actually coming to fruition afterwards. This doesn’t excite me like it would have other years.

Honestly I feel it's more him speculating due to Dougie going on LTIR then any actual insider news

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Regarding the jersey, this is my guess at what it will look like based on what I've been told by people that know... plus the merch that has been trickling out in the Devils Den that supports it. The only thing that is unknown for me is whether the shoulders are black or not. I saw something that leads me to think they are going to be black.

My blood sweat and tears are in my art.

IMG_3033.jpeg

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I know we don’t need to keep bringing Sharangovich up again and again, but this is important. I stopped following his page when he was traded, but I just decided to check it again, but three days ago he posted a pic of his completed 10,000 piece Eiffel Tower Lego set :laugh: I love it.

Still the easiest guy to root for. Really happy he’s doing well in Calgary

The best part about it is you know he was genuinely proud of this because he posed there and got his wife or someone to take the picture.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I like Weekes, and clearly he has connections, but recently he’s been doing this teasing thing a little too much with little actually coming to fruition afterwards. This doesn’t excite me like it would have other years.
Weekes is so annoying now. Such loser behaviour.

Basically gave up any insider status or credibility in exchange for click/engagement bait troll posts. He's the new Eklund.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Of course, I couldn't agree with you more on Logan Morrison. I think he's going to be a very good NHLer.

If I was going to look for an under-the-radar, low-trade-cost option to give a shot as 4C, I would certainly give a look to Alex Turcotte, who has really been buried on the Los Angeles depth chart and, in my opinion, not developed particularly well by the team.

Turcotte is a terrific skater who plays a high-compete two-way game. It's highly unlikely he ever develops into the big-time, top-six scorer LA envisioned when they drafted him #5 overall, but he's looked very good in the AHL this year in my opinion and is NHL ready.

The Kings top organizational need right now is probably LD, where the Devils just happen to be organizationally pretty deep. Another interesting factor is that Jack Hughes and Alex Turcotte are apparently pretty close friends. A realistic trade scenario would be something along the lines of Misyul + Bowers + mid-round pick for Turcotte, which is certainly manageable. The Devils would have to offer a bit more simply because of the optics of trading a former #5 overall pick, but I doubt it would be too heavy with Turcotte unlikely to get a shot to squeeze into the Kings' C rotation of Kopitar/Dubois/Danault.
Imo I wouldn't trade Misyul he has progressed really well and he can skate but plays more of a stay at home role and has a pretty decent shot....Turcotte is trending towards being a bust imo....

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Would not be opposed to Coleman + Markstrom either

I 100% would be at the cost of Gritz, Casey, Lenni, Holtz, Mercer, a first, etc. Given the ridiculous market, and the absurd amount of injuries, plus losing Mikey, there is no chance we should be buyers. If the market were different and these guys could be had for a reasonable cost, fine. But I'm not ready to part with a single valuable asset with the main return being Markstrom. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad