Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Tomas Tatar - 2 years @ $4.5M AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
E8DhhSIXIAMHLm3

Team cancer confirmed
Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 6.05.00 PM.png

Yup, seems liked to me..

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Tarasenko shoulder is now actually fixed and hes going to smoke Tatar numbers wise. I'd be willing to bet money on that.

If StL believes that, do you think they will move him for a second and a B prospect? For that price, if NJ is happy with the medical opinion do you think they were unwilling to pull the trigger? If StL is insistent at this point on a first and a B+/A- prospect that is probably too steep for NJ. They can't move firsts yet. Tarasenko with retention should go to a contending team that can make its TDL deal now and give up next year's first and a decent prospect. I'd welcome Tarasenko to NJ but not for a trade that includes any first round pick and no multiple seconds. One second and a B prospect would be my limit.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Are Free Agents actually chosing us?

I understand we have fists full of cash...but still? I think that is the most encouraging thing about this off-season.

Bernier, Hamilton, Tatar...we may have offered the most but all these guys had options...I hope to hear more of the back story on what convinced these guys... Marty's name came up with Bernier and Hamilton. Is his influence making the difference?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Maybe that's why he hasn't been moved.
it’s the same with Eichel. It’s gonna look REALLY terrible to have to ship out a star player solely because they don’t want to be there anymore, and not get a stellar return. It’s already enough of a stain that a star player wants to leave the team.

But who’s gonna pay top price for players that may not be the same again? The valuations from the buyers and sellers are gonna be much too far apart for anyone to come to an agreement while there’s still this much time before next season.

Reactions: LeedsMonster

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
No. Giving up on the guy with asthma who got Covid and still put up good defensive numbers on a team that needs forwards would be a dumb move.
I bash him as much as anybody and it would make literally zero sense to give him up for nothing. He at the bare minimum is a replacement level player that can hold down a spot lol.

If he shows any return at all to his form prior to being on the Devils he's a quality NHL level player as long as he isn't asked to play too high in the lineup.

Reactions: Hisch13r

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
No. Giving up on the guy with asthma who got Covid and still put up good defensive numbers on a team that needs forwards would be a dumb move.
Good defensive #'s.....from a guy who played some of the least defensive minutes on the team.

Averaged the least amount of toi amongst fwds while playing with a lead, and it wasn't even close. Yet was 4th while trailing.

Pretty easy Elite/Grinder splits too.

He needs to get off to a good start or he'll be watching from the team box.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Can we trade johnsson like we did butcher

I don't like Johnsson at all but thats pointless IMO

we already have at least 1 spot open up front and trading Johnsson for nothing opens another. Rather just keep him and see if he can bounce back and be a 30-40 point wing

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
They named their big pizza place up there after the city of Boston…no, they don’t know how to make pizza.
That is not a pizza place. It is an Italian restaurant and is f***ing terrible. If ponderosa wasn’t a buffet and was Italian that would be it.
Anytime anyone says let’s go for Pizza, nobody ever suggests Boston Pizza. It’s not a place I’ve known anyone to ever call to get pizza.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Are Free Agents actually chosing us?

I understand we have fists full of cash...but still? I think that is the most encouraging thing about this off-season.

Bernier, Hamilton, Tatar...we may have offered the most but all these guys had options...I hope to hear more of the back story on what convinced these guys... Marty's name came up with Bernier and Hamilton. Is his influence making the difference?
Money is the driver for sure, and Marty looks like a great front man when dealing with free agents. But I think guys see this as a team with a ton of young talent, Hamilton specifically would not sign a long term deal here unless he see's us as a team on the upswing.

Reactions: JimEIV

Camille the Eel

Perry is Cup chasing, he was never in the mix. After a player has made 88.5m (Cap Friendly career estimate) you can’t really lure them by throwing a little extra there way. Perry does a lot less offensively, but he gets dirty goals on his own, helps out defensively on your bottom six and there are definite intangibles. I’d love that but he wasn’t an option.

Neal’s a worse player and sounds like a worse teammate. He’s a power play shooter but, ehhh…
Agree. Perry wasn’t coming here and you wouldn’t want Neal at this point. I wasn’t advocating them. Just for power forwards as a class. But let’s make the best of Tatar. I agree with you that he replaces Palms from the concept view. If it was you who said that anyway.

Camille the Eel

If we are in a position to make a move that means we are headed toward the playoffs and its worked.

If we are not then its not the end of the world and we probably arent a playoff team anyway.

Its literally a win/win.
Yes it’s not a negative and should add to our scoring if he’s properly utilized. The issue is more a missed chance for a power foreword - but there were none available . It’s a positive move but not particularly significant in my eyes. If he replaces Palms scoring even from last year I will be happy. But we really need help on the p k - that still needs addressing if possible.

wouldn’t it be nice if he played in place of Johnson. Now that would be an upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad