GDT: Devils @ Oilers - 9:00 PM - MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You know some of us are Devils fans right?

Maybe keep your weird opinions of Canadians to hockey .
They probably should delete the post before more of our beloved Canadian posters get here. (@Eggtimer is going to give it to ‘em.)

Just know American Devils fans stand with you (metaphorically) arm and arm! The thing I said before about bagged milk was just a joke!

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
You know some of us are Devils fans right?

Maybe keep your weird opinions of Canadians to hockey .
“Canadian hockey fans” was intended to read as “fans of Canadian teams,” and I meant to quote the post that referenced an HFOil comment that was bewildered at our lack of Canadian players. The horror!

Reactions: Xirik

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
“Canadian hockey fans” was intended to read as “fans of Canadian teams,” and I meant to quote the post that referenced an HFOil comment that was bewildered at our lack of Canadian players. The horror!

“Their country is a universal punchline.” is a bad sentence that came out way wrong. No explanation will change that. My (American) two cents.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I'm in the (long) process of a house search to move back to NJ...

Any positives/negatives to growing up out in Tewksbury/Chester area? It's in our search area (along with Morristown and other towns along the Morris/Essex line) but having a hard time deciding if any potential long commute, should we be forced back into the office, is worth the upside.

Also sounds like I'll be getting married right around you, the Madison Hotel.
Tewksbury pros: beautiful, quiet, a lot of room to roam

Cons: if you work in the city than kiss 4 hours of your day goodbye commuting; taxes are brutal; nothing is close (eg, ShopRite, the mall, movie theater, etc)

Our townhouse is less than a mile from the Madison hotel! I drive by it every morning after I drop my wife at the train and daughter at daycare. Congrats to you too 💝

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
They probably should delete the post before more of our beloved Canadian posters get here. (@Eggtimer is going to give it to ‘em.)

Just know American Devils fans stand with you (metaphorically) arm and arm! The thing I said before about bagged milk was just a joke!
I missed the comment but bagged milk is weird even as a Canadian. My buddy's house always had it and it was always strange using it or changing the bag.

Personally I think milk is weird in general but I love cheese.

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
It is unusual. I am a fan of the Devils because of the great Canadians that were on the team.

Though they have Mercer and that's cool as an Atlantic Canadian.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I don't know why but I've only seen bagged milk in British Columbia and I hear its more of a thing in Ontario and the Atlantic provinces.

It makes me wonder why the Prairie provinces got skipped over by this bagged milk thing. It tastes normal though, You just have to by a milk bag pitcher to use it properly. (google it and be weirded out more my American friends)

It is unusual. I am a fan of the Devils because of the great Canadians that were on the team.

Brodeur and my brother being a Messier fan in 1994 made me a Devils fan.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Why are you dumping on Bergen County to defend NJ? Some people on this board grew up or live in Bergen County.

Sorry if you didn’t live conveniently near NYC (while having mountains and lakes too) but congrats on being nearer to larger tracts of farmland or whatever.
I went to high school in Bergen County. Great place to grow up.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
It’s strange but I’m actually nervous for this game, like in a good way.
Its a wonderful feeling to have hope and trust in your team. Losses feel a lot worse too but every point we get this season is meaningful. Completely different approach to the team in the last few years.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

I have Brodeur and Niedermayer Olympic jerseys hanging in my closet :laugh:

I just find it bizarre that our current lack thereof is one of the “plenty of reasons to hate the Devils,” is all. As if there’s some sort of quota. It’s arrogant.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Why are you dumping on Bergen County to defend NJ? Some people on this board grew up or live in Bergen County.

Sorry if you didn’t live conveniently near NYC (while having mountains and lakes too) but congrats on being nearer to larger tracts of farmland or whatever.
Some of where I'm at is the pits too, I'm referencing Bergen County inaccurately as well, I meant Essex because if you only come to NJ via plane and the first thing you see if Newark and its surroundings you might think most of Nj is like that if you're an idiot. It wasn't a disrespect to any specific person so calm down dude, why you heff be so mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad