Confirmed with Link: Devils Fire Lindy Ruff - Travis Green is an Interim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Sullivan, if Dubas will decide to shake things but stay the curse.
Montgomery, if Boston will lose in the first round.
Gronberg.
Leach? I don’t know, I like the concept, may be someone can say about this option more.
Warsofsky from SJ.
May be Todd Nelson.

I don’t want Berube (lucky to be in the right place in the right time), Boudreau (I like him, but he is too old, if they will hire him, I will not be against, he just isn’t my candidate), Woodcroft (young Ruff, if things don’t work, there are the same answers, goalies can’t live in his system).

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I'm stuck in a hard place. If they legit no show under Green then you might have legit questions about this core that a late season coaching change didn't help them, granted it shouldn't realistically. But you still don't want Travis f***ing Green getting a job off of one month. At least it's what @Zajacs Bowl Cut where we have to worry about Lindy not getting fired and Fitz chalking it up to injuries.

Eh maybe? Green sucks in his own right and they have no goalies to play and will probably run a similar garbage system. I am not expecting much different here until they get a real coach and a reset

Last edited:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Gronberg.
Leach? I don’t know, I like the concept, may be someone can say about this option more.
Warsofsky from SJ.
May be Todd Nelson.

I don’t want Berube (lucky to be in the right place in the right time), Boudreau (I like him, but he is too old, if they will hire him, I will not be against, he just isn’t my candidate), Woodcroft (young Ruff, if things don’t work, there are the same answers, goalies can’t live in his system).

Meh, that was mostly all Skinner. Skinner sucked recently and the Oilers went on a skid again, that guy's a head case

Reactions: nugg and Darkauron

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Meh, that was mostly all Skinner. Skinner sucked recently and the Oilers went on a skid again, that guy's a head case
Campbell didn’t perform well too. He wasn’t good and wasn’t consistent but he isn’t Edmonton oilers level bad.

Woodcrofts oilers were not consistent and build a lot on the specific players shoulders. Their starting performance wasn’t good too. We don’t need to live this day again. At least I’m not a fan of it. I like some of his offensive ideas but I don’t like his overall structure.

Nico13

Nov 29, 2021
Switzerland
Wow I’m def shocked

Get markstrom make a run

No way we make the playoffs. Just saw our schedule and that's insanely tough.

Don't know other teams schedule but we have certainly one of the toughest.

And it starts immediately.

Florida
St Louis (the easiest but its rare we beat them in Newark)
Carolina
Rangers
Dallas

3 games against Toronto.

4 back to back. The second games are against Vegas, Islanders, Rangers and Nashville (at home we are on a 7 game losing streak against them lol).

We have to be realistic.

Sell Toffoli
Keep the bad goaltending
Lose a lot of games in order to reach a top 10 pick
Hope Pittsburgh does really bad and fire Sullivan

Summer moves:

Hire Sullivan
Use the top 10 pick to trade for Saros.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I mentioned this yesterday. I'm not so sure Crosby would want to start over with a new coach at this stage of his career. So regarding Sullivan, who would win? Crosby or Dubas?

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Campbell didn’t perform well too. He wasn’t good and wasn’t consistent but he isn’t Edmonton oilers level bad.

Woodcrofts oilers were not consistent and build a lot on the specific players shoulders. Their starting performance wasn’t good too. We don’t need to live this day again. At least I’m not a fan of it. I like some of his offensive ideas but I don’t like his overall structure.

That's fair, I think Woodcroft would have PTSD himself coming into NJ without a goalie either right now. He probably thinks it got him fired in Edmonton, I think we'll get someone like Sullivan when PIT cans him

I mentioned this yesterday. I'm not so sure Crosby would want to start over with a new coach at this stage of his career. So regarding Sullivan, who would win? Crosby or Dubas?

A GM would always get his choice of coach before he's fired which Dubas will have

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Gronberg.
Warsofsky from SJ.
May be Todd Nelson.

Boudreau couldn’t get the capitals to mature their game for the playoffs back in the day, I think he’s too similar to Lindy in that regard. A guy like Berube is probably the exact opposite and too much of a hardass.

It’s hard for me to judge guys like Woodcroft and Sullivan who’s success has coincided with having prime McDavid and Crosby/Malkin at their disposal.

We need to find a guy in the mold of a Jon Cooper or Jared Bednar. Guys who understand the modern game, know how to balance motivating players with holding them accountable, focus on the little details, can get buy-in from the players to win games in multiple different ways, and have proven that they can win championships (even if it was at a different level or league).

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
That's fair, I think Woodcroft would have PTSD himself coming into NJ without a goalie either right now. He probably thinks it got him fired in Edmonton, I think we'll get someone like Sullivan when PIT cans him

A GM would always get his choice of coach before he's fired which Dubas will have
If we will have Saros and Ullmark and NOT markstrom, than we can try with Woodcroft. But I would prefer more defensive/forechecking coach. But not Berube.

I don’t know what I’m thinking about Keefe. I like maple leafs game, but if he can’t do it with what he has there, what he will do here,

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Boudreau couldn’t get the capitals to mature their game for the playoffs back in the day, I think he’s too similar to Lindy in that regard. A guy like Berube is probably the exact opposite and too much of a hardass.

It’s hard for me to judge guys like Woodcroft and Sullivan who’s success has coincided with having prime McDavid and Crosby/Malkin at their disposal.

We need to find a guy in the mold of a Jon Cooper or Jared Bednar. Guys who understand the modern game, know how to balance motivating players with holding them accountable, focus on the little details, can get buy-in from the players to win games in multiple different ways, and have proven that they can win championships (even if it was at a different level or league).
It’s hard to find “young” coaches with this attributes. My young candidate is Warsofsky and he isn’t first on my list. He did it very well in wolves, his defense in SJ mostly svck, but team is bad and cursed.

Deboer is a good candidate, but he isn’t available and he needs in a good goalie too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm stuck in a hard place. If they legit no show under Green then you might have legit questions about this core that a late season coaching change didn't help them, granted it shouldn't realistically. But you still don't want Travis f***ing Green getting a job off of one month. At least it's what @Zajacs Bowl Cut where we have to worry about Lindy not getting fired and Fitz chalking it up to injuries.
After the last few weeks I never had any realistic fear Fitz would jump the shark and run it back with Lindy, the question was whether it would happen at the end of the season or now

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
It’s hard to find “young” coaches with this attributes. My young candidate is Warsofsky and he isn’t first on my list. He did it very well in wolves, his defense in SJ mostly svck, but team is bad and cursed.

Deboer is a good candidate, but he isn’t available and he needs in a good goalie too.
I agree it’s tough. I’d have to research a bit to see who’s out there that maybe isn’t already a part of the old boys club.

But this is where Fitz has to earn his paycheck. He’s gotta find that guy.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Ruff seemed stubborn to me. He also only had a plan A. He was certainly hamstrung by the goalies and the injuries and the changeover on defense this season compared to last season but he did himself no favors. Hopefully they find someone that can work with the roster in the offseason. They should also sell what they can at this point and regroup once the season ends.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Alex Holtz upon hearing the news.

tumblr_c1eddb5f8fc50468f52061c7c2baf1cb_12e0213d_500.gif

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Ruff seemed stubborn to me. He also only had a plan A. He was certainly hamstrung by the goalies and the injuries and the changeover on defense this season compared to last season but he did himself no favors. Hopefully they find someone that can work with the roster in the offseason. They should also sell what they can at this point and regroup once the season ends.
This seems contradictory?

Well he had no flour, water or eggs but couldn't even make pancakes...

Fire the chef!

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

I'm a Canucks fan.

This guy cut corners all the goddamn time. He never played the prospects on the farm; the little AHL success he had is because Markstrom cleared waivers in 2014-15 and carried them to the finals. He doesn't have a system, loves grinders, and doesn't develop players. Canucks media hyped him up as the next prodigy coach because he coached Utica to a final. So national media picked up the storm and branded him as a "good coach." Once the Canadian media has a narrative, it sticks. It's bad.

Because nobody really watches Vancouver play because they were shit under Green, they didn't even realize how shit he is. But he never got called out for it because he had that previous reputation of being a good AHL coach (all because of Markstrom's 0.934).

I hope you guys find a better next coach. You guys don't deserve this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad