Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We all know Siegenthaler was not gonna be the one coming out of the lineup if we signed a top 4 D.
Probably true.

Still...Bahl would've been useful to this team this year.

And it is a shortsighted trade and what's more troubleshooting is it's the second shortsighted trade in consecutive years the first being Toffoli.

I'm a Fitz supporter but the last year has shaken my confidence.

Last edited:

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
I hope so, I really do....
I lied I have subjective evidence

Quiet Swiss man who's made great money on the East coast, one flight from home; Timo Meier and Jesper Bratt as possible linemates for the next seven years is something Im sure he'd enjoy. And hes the captain who could end up one for almost his entire career; thats something I think a player would aim for, if ever put in that position

But again, just a hunch lol

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
We have a new coach with a new system. What happened with our PK and who was part of it last year has no bearing on what happens this year so this infatuation with going in circles about replacing (lol) Brendan Smith and Kevin Bahl is just asinine. Let the offseason play out and let's see what Keefe has in store. We have the talent on the blue line and we'll add more. Nemec has the IQ and talent to play the PK and do it well. We upgraded between the pipes after a disastrous season there. Some of you are just overly negative and dwell on it because that's your persona. You don't know what to do with yourselves when we're actually good. So, here you are, right now, at the very moment, dancing about doing your negative Nancy song and dance when the offseason hasn't even officially started yet because that's what you must do to get your fix.

Step away from the keyboard and go touch grass.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We have a new coach with a new system. What happened with our PK and who was part of it last year has no bearing on what happens this year so this infatuation with going in circles about replacing (lol) Brendan Smith and Kevin Bahl is just asinine. Let the offseason play out and let's see what Keefe has in store. We have the talent on the blue line and we'll add more. Nemec has the IQ and talent to play the PK and do it well. We upgraded between the pipes after a disastrous season there. Some of you are just overly negative and dwell on it because that's your persona. You don't know what to do with yourselves when we're actually good. So, here you are, right now, at the very moment, dancing about doing your negative Nancy song and dance when the offseason hasn't even officially started yet because that's what you must do to get your fix.

Step away from the keyboard and go touch grass.

Guys,

Jim knows better than Fitz. Jim knows all.
I'm always here. In every situation.

Hey I saw my first lightening bug of the season tonight. Kind of good news.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm currently watching a 35, soon to be 36, year old goalie in the Stanley Cup finals.

I'm struggling to understand the mindset of prospect hoarding when NJ has a core that needs to be added to NOW, not five years from now.

Hell, if I'm Fitz and an NHL GM wants the 10th overall and they are offering up a veteran top 4 LD on draft day??? I'm making that deal.
It wouldn't surprise me if that deal was made for that type of player, in fact it's probably the only type of player I'd realistically want to see that pick moved for. Unless you're bringing back a physical top six forward perhaps but I don't see that kind of player available.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
lol sure ya are, bud. Sure ya are.
:dunno:
No really pretty much everyday...as long as I'm not fishing or hunting someplace remote I'm usually here.

But sometimes when I'm hunting in New Jersey, sitting in a tree stand and it's real slow, I post the entire time.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jake Allen ideally isn't worth a 2 either but that's what we're gonna pay for him if Markstrom gets hurt or his game goes to hell...the goalie market SUCKS. It is what it is.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It wouldn't surprise me if that deal was made for that type of player, in fact it's probably the only type of player I'd realistically want to see that pick moved for. Unless you're bringing back a physical top six forward perhaps but I don't see that kind of player available.
Trading the 10th would literally mean no first round pick for 3 consecutive years.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Enough with the insults and barbs...you're either discussing the team or nothing at all in this thread...albeit we're due for a reset anyway once the Oilers finally allow the season to end lol

Last edited:
Reactions: glenwo2

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Trading the 10th would literally mean no first round pick for 3 consecutive years.

You all have truly gone nuts ... like off the deep end, certifiable.

Nico Hischier
Ty Smith (Became Marino)
Jack Hughes
Dawson Mercer, Alex Holtz, Shakir Mukhamadullin (Became Timo Meier)
Luke Hughes
Simon Nemec

I think we'll be ok to shop this years first Jim.

Reactions: RANDOMH3RO

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean I'd rather be dealing Holtz but clearly nobody else wants him either or he'd have been dealt by now. I feel like he gets ripped publicly basically because Fitz has no other out, nobody'll deal for him anyway.

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Because every good defenseman UFA is right handed.
200w.gif

Skjei and Dillon are LHD.

And the comment was about UFA forwards btw.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Nico Hischier
Ty Smith (Became Marino)
Jack Hughes
Dawson Mercer, Alex Holtz, Shakir Mukhamadullin (Became Timo Meier)
Luke Hughes
Simon Nemec

I think we'll be ok to shop this years first Jim.

A. Your picks now need to fill roles 5 years from now....

B. We aren't good enough or deep enough to be giving away picks.

C. Our prospect pool is empty.

You are acting like we are so close to the prize that it's time to throw caution to the wind ...we are not. We weren't in 2023 and we've taking a major step back since then.

• Haha
Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
C. Our prospect pool is empty.
It's really not.

You are acting like we are so close to the prize that it's time to throw caution to the wind ...we are not. We weren't in 2023 and we've taking a major step back since then.
Not a single person has advocated for "throwing caution to the wind" and we didn't take a major step back in 2023. Using the context of what actually happened during the season, we were still a good team that was hindered by an avalanche of injuries and a coach that lost the locker room. This team is nowhere near as bad as you're making them out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad