Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
There's a certain goalie who, if he gets to UFA...I'd throw whatever he asks.

maybe. I don't think he just completely forgot how to goalie and he's prob the best you'd find if he were available.

Can someone give intel on this guy
I don’t think SJ lets Blackwood get to UFA.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
We aren't getting Markstrom for spare parts. If he has a market and we aren't willing to move #10, teams will beat our offer. Not saying I want to move #10 for him, but some people make it seem like all it will cost is a 2nd rounder in 2028.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
We aren't getting Markstrom for spare parts. If he has a market and we aren't willing to move #10, teams will beat our offer. Not saying I want to move #10 for him, but some people make it seem like all it will cost is a 2nd rounder in 2028.
Yeah, I don't agree with the those who think the cost to get him will be fairly minimal. I've thought the cost would be headlined by a 25 protected first + maybe some fluff (assuming no retention on Markstrom). Maybe a 24 third + 25 protected first + random prospect.

I think you can put a deal that makes sense on paper that involves Markstrom / 10, but that's not a move I would do.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Are people taking crazy pills? We paid a #9 pick for a young healthy goalie in his prime who was putting up stellar statistics, but in the era of meh unpredictable goaltending we are gonna pay the same price for a potentially injury prone 35 year old whose stats are up and down season to season?

Nobody has paid a top 10 pick for a 30+ year old skater for as long as I can remember, nevermind a goalie.

If Fitz put that pick on the table in any capacity for Markstrom or Ullmark, I'd be stunned as I tip my hat to Conroy. But yeah, I don't think that's a thing that will happen, and I definitely wouldn't do it.

That goes for Ullmark as well (I feel like Ullmark makes more sense as a July 1 trade anyway because I think putting an extension in place with a multi year NMC for him would go a long way toward getting him to waive his trade clause for whomever acquires him)

Reactions: Guttersniped

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
I’m not one to typically float rumors but I’ve heard this interesting proposal.

Markstrom (50% retained), 28OA, 2nd round pick for 10OA.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
The goalie coach not being ousted shows just how much power Marty has in that regard.
Please stop. This is conjecture at best, and weird fan-fiction at worst. You have absolutely no idea if this call is Marty's (at all, let alone with complete autonomy). You have absolutely no idea if Rogalski will be the goalie coach next year.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I’m not one to typically float rumors but I’ve heard this interesting proposal.

Markstrom (50% retained), 28OA, 2nd round pick for 10OA.
no thanks.

People rather have Markstrom over
Iginla?
MBN?
Helenius?
Bium?
Dickinson?

This is an actual thing?
Iginla
MBN
Helenius
Bium
Dickinson

may be even Eiserman. And many other prospects like Chernyshov, Silayev, Hage, Solberg. Its not even close. Markstrom MAAAAAY BEEEEE has two years of his career. May be 30-50 good games. This players will play 7-11+ years for Devils.

10 OA is way too much even for Saros and Ullmark. We dont know how many game both have, we dont know how much money for how many years they wanna have on their new deal. Both will be UFA next summer. With Shestyorkin. If Devils want to make a big swing for a goalie, they should make it on the trade deadline for less or sign free agent goalie for free. So Im ok with trading Markstrom for less. We can trade him, play him with Allen and next summer let Allen go(or Markstrom to the hospital) and sign big fish if we need to.

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
I’m assuming they weren’t offering this years first during the season for Markstrom, so why would they do it now? I feel that Calgary would take an unprotected first and run especially considering that we were out of a playoff spot during the heat of those rumors.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
I’m assuming they weren’t offering this years first during the season for Markstrom, so why would they do it now? I feel that Calgary would take an unprotected first and run especially considering that we were out of a playoff spot during the heat of those rumors.

Dreger said a few days ago that they didn't put the pick on the table during the season

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
People rather have Markstrom over
Iginla?
MBN?
Helenius?
Bium?
Dickinson?
Eiserman?

This is an actual thing?

They could all be busts easily as well. People tend to overrate prospects/picks. I'd much rather move that pick for a young proven forward that can play in the top 6 next season.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm surprised Taylor wasn't ousted just for being the main Ruff hire. Not main assistant, but direct Ruff hire. So I guess it's last year's staff, just Keefe replacing Ruff, Collition replacing Green. Fitz said something in his end of year press conference about how ''These were the same assistant's we had a record season with and made the second round last year''. He said something similar about a month before Lindy was fired when people started to ask him questions about Lindy and his job security.

I thought for sure Rogalski was gonna get canned at season's end, but when it wasn't announced immediately that he was fired, I went 180 on that.

I actually started to turn towards him coming back when Allen/Kahkonen came in and played considerably better than Vitek/the kids. Allen also said stuff late in the year about working with Rogi and how they'll be in touch over the summer. That wouldn't have been by any means the first time someone was fired after players were just talking like they'd be here the next year, but I started to get an idea that maybe he was briefed by Marty and the goalie people that Rogalski is his goalie coach and will remain so through next year.

We've had one good year with Rogalski, so it's not a guarantee that he'll f*** things up if he's the goalie coach again this year, but I'm so disillusioned with the entire goalie department that I wouldn't give a single a shit if MartyClemmer were sniped and hired by the Rangers next week to take over for Benoit Allaire, who sounds like he's semi-retiring or scaling it back a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad