Devils chances at playoffs - The Final Push - Points and Standings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'm sure it's been mentioned before a lot but not picking up the points when everyone above them loses makes me ****ing crazy. So many chances to move up but it never happens, so many "what if" games to point to.

It's just crazy that when they win everyone wins and everyone loses they lose too lol.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm sure it's been mentioned before a lot but not picking up the points when everyone above them loses makes me ****ing crazy. So many chances to move up but it never happens, so many "what if" games to point to.

It's just crazy that when they win everyone wins and everyone loses they lose too lol.

Past is the past, we will have a whole offseason to pick that apart. (The shootout stuff, and the records if there were ties annoys the hell out of me).

Fact is we are STILL in a position where everyone around us is losing so now is a good a time as ever to finally win. Everyone lost tonight, and at least one team is losing tomorrow, with a good chance of another (Bruins SHOULD beat the Caps).

Three in a row against the three worst teams in the east. It is literally right there. Our odds will skyrocket if we take advantage of this and win 3 in a row FINALLY and give ourselves the opportunity to finally win 4 and bury the Caps at the same time. That really isn't an outlandish thing to ask of a team. Beat 3 bad teams in a row.

engy

Mar 12, 2012
Past is the past, we will have a whole offseason to pick that apart. (The shootout stuff, and the records if there were ties annoys the hell out of me).

Fact is we are STILL in a position where everyone around us is losing so now is a good a time as ever to finally win. Everyone lost tonight, and at least one team is losing tomorrow, with a good chance of another (Bruins SHOULD beat the Caps).

Three in a row against the three worst teams in the east. It is literally right there. Our odds will skyrocket if we take advantage of this and win 3 in a row FINALLY and give ourselves the opportunity to finally win 4 and bury the Caps at the same time. That really isn't an outlandish thing to ask of a team. Beat 3 bad teams in a row.

you're forgetting that the devils are a "bad" team as well.
Let's see if they can finally stop disappointing us.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
you're forgetting that the devils are a "bad" team as well.
Let's see if they can finally stop disappointing us.

We are above NHL .500 we are not a bad team compared to these three. We are a mediocre bubble team. If we want to be a playoff team we should be able to beat the three worst teams in the east.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
B's lead caps 4-1 late 3rd.

Gotta take care of business.

If there was ever a time to go on a roll it is now. But that is already know. Here is to hoping a miracle happens

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Imagine if the Devils make the play offs with out a 3 game win streak in the next 9 games lol. Possible?

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Imagine if the Devils make the play offs with out a 3 game win streak in the next 9 games lol. Possible?

well hypotetically, win win OT/SO loss win win OT/SO loss win win OT/SO loss

15 of 18 pts. I guess its possible.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
B's lead caps 4-1 late 3rd.

Gotta take care of business.

If there was ever a time to go on a roll it is now. But that is already know. Here is to hoping a miracle happens

Caps lost. That is big. Just hope for regulation in the leafs game.

Not expecting much help from the Canes against the jackets so just win and it's still a good day.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Odds are we will still be 4 out of a spot after tonight but with a win we will gain big ground on the pack. With a win we go to two points behind the Caps and hopefully two behind either the wings or leafs.

I'll take that progress.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Posted this in the Out of Town thread as well
So right now WE CONTROL OUR OWN DESTINY against the Leafs and the Caps. If we beat the Caps and the Isles today, lets say, we are ahead of them. We would also be ahead of the Leafs. Crazy to think that two games would pass us ahead of two teams. Now do we root for Detroit to lose to the Leafs because we control our destiny against them?

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Its incredible. If we had lost in regulation to Toronto and lost in reg instead of a SO to the Coyotes we'd be 9 (!!!) points behind Toronto. Everything can change drastically.

Basically this is round 1 of the playoffs for bubble teams just with very different circumstances (or has been) if you want to look at it that way? (I guess you could say the regular season is round 1)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Who said this team was like a bad date? Because it's true. They can't do just enough to keep you hanging a little longer.

**** this team. Either bury it at once or win.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
The Devils and Leafs both checked out of the race tonight imho. I think the Caps are done as well even though they're only two points out. If total points don't kill them off, ROW's most surely will. Then again, you know they'll find a way to beat NJ in regulation.

Columbus and Detroit would seriously have to collapse the rest of the way for either of them to lose their grip on those wildcard spots. Just playing .500 hockey is getting both of those teams in at this point.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Devils and Leafs both checked out of the race tonight imho. I think the Caps are done as well even though they're only two points out. If total points don't kill them off, ROW's most surely will. Then again, you know they'll find a way to beat NJ in regulation.

Columbus and Detroit would seriously have to collapse the rest of the way for either of them to lose their grip on those wildcard spots. Just playing .500 hockey is getting both of those teams in at this point.

The stupid thing is if the team just decided to ****ing win they could STILL do it. The jackets and wings are not going to go off and eliminate us.

We are going to eliminate ourselves. It's infuriating because there is a open door that is still sitting open and we just keep walking into the wall instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad