Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Kyle Palmieri - NOW OFFICIAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
20 goals would be fantastic.

If we just added a 24 year old 20 goal scoring RW with speed without giving up any of our young Dmen, that is a home run.

I still think we paid a pretty penny in this deal. #41 and a 3rd next year seems like a lot to me. I would've of preferred a 3rd this year and 3rd next year or #41 this year and a 4th or 5th next year...I'm splitting hairs I suppose, I certainly wouldn't have let this deal go but I would've liked to have paid slightly less.

This is a guy who can step in and score 15+ right away. That's going to cost a second every time. Fortunately it was the lesser of our two.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This is a guy who can step in and score 15+ right away. That's going to cost a second every time. Fortunately it was the lesser of our two.

This is effectively Jagr for Palmieri, I will do it no problem. It still bothers me just how little Jagr cared towards the end of his time here though.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 6m6 minutes ago
Ray Shero said Matt Beleskey's UFA rights were never part of hte discussions. Not in the deal. "I don't know where that came from."

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 7m7 minutes ago
The 2016 3rd rounder in the Palmieri trade is the Devils' option -- either Florida conditional pick or Detroit pick.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Palmeiri will easily beat 15-15 here. His esp/60 were above 2.2 from 11 to 14 and it dipped a bit to 1.6 last year.

He got sub 15 minutes per game in Anaheim, often on their third line.

He's coming here to play 18 minutes on our best line most likely.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't get 45 points at least.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Palmeiri will easily beat 15-15 here. His esp/60 were above 2.2 from 11 to 14 and it dipped a bit to 1.6 last year.

Shero hit a home run on this trade. Cost controlled for a few years, still young, 40 to 50 point potential, and only cost a 2nd. Very impressive

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
I like the idea of having Gomez setting up Palmieri. Or Shero can finally put together a strong line of Cammalleri-Zajac-Palmieri.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get 45 just because literally nobody on our team did that last year. I would however think that's a realistic expectation and would be disappointed should he not be a top 3 point getter on our team. He's going to be relied upon here and expected to produce when Anaheim had a loaded top 6 and he was relegated to third line minutes. I'd say 45 would be a good expectation but wouldn't be surprised if this year was as bad as last year cumulatively.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Shero hit a home run on this trade. Cost controlled for a few years, still young, 40 to 50 point potential, and only cost a 2nd. Very impressive

He fits how the Devils want to play and Hynes had him a long time ago.

So there's a good familiarity there where you know that Hynes really wanted this player. I really like this trade.

Hopefully, we can pick up another guy for cheap like Grabner.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Well a 2 and a 3 to be exact. Though it's a 3 next year, where we still had two and only giving up the lower of them, along with the lower two this year.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
This is effectively Jagr for Palmieri, I will do it no problem. It still bothers me just how little Jagr cared towards the end of his time here though.

It wasn't him not caring.

When you are competitive and have so much emotionally invested in something and the same results keep coming constantly, it's easy to get frustrated.

That coupled in with him not being 100% health wise between some minor nagging injuries and a several week bug that weakened his system was a recipe for him not to look up to what he was capable of.

That being said everything has worked out. We were able to flip a 40 year old for a piece that helped us get a 24 year old with solid potential that will fit right into the lineup.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 37s37 seconds ago
Bob Murray said he traded Kyle Palmieri because he thinks he'll score 20 goals next season and he won't be able to sign him if he does.

lol interesting

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 6m6 minutes ago
Ray Shero said Matt Beleskey's UFA rights were never part of hte discussions. Not in the deal. "I don't know where that came from."

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 7m7 minutes ago
The 2016 3rd rounder in the Palmieri trade is the Devils' option -- either Florida conditional pick or Detroit pick.

Like that. The third is our option. Excellent excellent trade.

People want forwards and here is one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad