Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I think we have two types of payer here.

Josefson = defensive minded with some offensive upside
Loktionov = Offensive minded with average defensive awareness

I honestly think that Loktionov can help offensively if he's paired with the proper wingers as for Josefson, he can solidify our bottom #6 cause he's so smart that his defensive awareness mixed with his speed would help us out greatly come the post season.

Josefson kind of reminds me of Darren Helm, minus the hitting. Both players are real fast, they compete for loose pucks and they're real solid whitout the puck.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
At this point Loktionov is clearly the better option over Josefson, I just don't see a place for Jo in the line-up when the team gets healthy. I knew this would happen, I had a sneaking suspicion that Loki was gonna end up making more of an impact.

My lines -

Elias-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Clarkson
Zubrus-Loktionov-Bernier
Carter-Gionta-Butler

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I'm glad to see he's getting ice time with guys who have hands and not cinder blocks with a stick shoved through the holes in em (looking at you Westgarth and Peter Harrold). I always knew he could produce and stick in an NHL lineup if he was used properly and he NEVER was in LA.

I will forever and always root for Lokti. Just love him so much. Kid never stops smiling and is just so damn good at dishing the puck.

apice3*

I kind of want to see a line of Josefson-Loktionov-Clarkson, but I'm, not sure why.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I think we have two types of payer here.

Josefson = defensive minded with some offensive upside
Loktionov = Offensive minded with average defensive awareness

I honestly think that Loktionov can help offensively if he's paired with the proper wingers as for Josefson, he can solidify our bottom #6 cause he's so smart that his defensive awareness mixed with his speed would help us out greatly come the post season.

Josefson kind of reminds me of Darren Helm, minus the hitting. Both players are real fast, they compete for loose pucks and they're real solid whitout the puck.

Josefson has loads of untapped offensive potential, it's just a matter of him expressing it. Hopefully some healthy competition will help him get to the next level. He can definitely be more than a bottom six checker.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
If the rumors are true that Lokti has all but decided to play in the KHL and the Devils are trying to convince him to stick around, then ice time with the top 2 lines is something we really need to consider giving the guy.

I've always like him and the Devils could use all of the young, high potential forwards they can get their hands on.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'd like to see Matteau get sent down when Carter returns and try Loki and JJ on a line with Butler until Zubs returns then make some choices from there. Just don't see the need to keep playing Barch in these games vs the Caps or the Jets. Roll 4 lines and see if that sparks something.

apice3*

JJ Loki Butler would be a lot of skill on one line, but they would get rag dolled off the puck. Too small.

I think Clarkson could carry that line and Elias can get some goals out of Butler.

Poni Henrique Kovy
Elias Zajac Butler
JJ Loki Clarkson
CBGB

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
JJ Loki Butler would be a lot of skill on one line, but they would get rag dolled off the puck. Too small.

I think Clarkson could carry that line and Elias can get some goals out of Butler.

Poni Henrique Kovy
Elias Zajac Butler
JJ Loki Clarkson
CBGB

You could try that. Fundamental point remains. Turning the 3rd line into one that can produce and stop playing Barch every night.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How about Gio, and Bernier on the 4th? Matteau-Lokti-Butler on the 3rd?

In my opinion Butler, and Lokti have more offensive upside than those two at even strength without Carter.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
How about Gio, and Bernier on the 4th? Matteau-Lokti-Butler on the 3rd?

In my opinion Butler, and Lokti have more offensive upside than those two at even strength without Carter.

I agree, that is more of a 3rd line, especially with Carter out. I kind of just want Tally out of here, preferably for a top 9 forward, and Matteau sent down. Feel right now we would be better off having JJ up here then Matteau, and would be for both of their benefits too.

Really so we can get into a position where we aren't playing Barch every damn game, and just use him in the games where you may actually need a goon.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I agree, that is more of a 3rd line, especially with Carter out. I kind of just want Tally out of here, preferably for a top 9 forward, and Matteau sent down. Feel right now we would be better off having JJ up here then Matteau, and would be for both of their benefits too.

Really so we can get into a position where we aren't playing Barch every damn game, and just use him in the games where you may actually need a goon.

Yeah I keep saying. No need for goons against Caps, Jets, Canes, southeast teams, etc. It's alright if we have to use them in some of those games, but it shouldn't be a prerequisite.

Tallinder gone would be worth it so we can end this damn defensemen controversy!:laugh: Though I'm sure there'd still be some talk about wanting Volch, and or Sal out for Harrold.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Loktionov knows we are his last chance for him to remain in the NHL. Wasting no time, he's going for it. Not that bad for an enigmatic prima donna :sarcasm:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah I keep saying. No need for goons against Caps, Jets, Canes, southeast teams, etc. It's alright if we have to use them in some of those games, but it shouldn't be a prerequisite.

Tallinder gone would be worth it so we can end this damn defensemen controversy!:laugh: Though I'm sure there'd still be some talk about wanting Volch, and or Sal out for Harrold.

Oh there will always be a whipping boy on D it seems with this board, but getting Tally out frees up a valuable roster spot even if its just for JJ. I'd think we would and he would benefit more with him back with the big club, and I want to see him get some steady work on the wing where we need him most.

Fact is odds are we are not getting a top 6 forward in any trade. It either cost a ton, take some sort of voltron deal and Lou might need to fleece someone. Top 9 forward is possible, but again you don't know. Our success won't come from one or two lines dominating every night, its going to be from 4 solid lines all contributing here and there. Why getting the bottom 6 going is important for this team in the long run this season. Loki seems to be up for the challenge, which is good, and I've liked Butler, but they need someone else on that wing that isn't Barch. Also need Carter back so CBGB can get back together.

Helps cover up when guys up top slump, better match ups, more options and we won't have to grind Kovy into dust. Seems the best, most realistic blueprint for this team this year.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Josefson has loads of untapped offensive potential, it's just a matter of him expressing it. Hopefully some healthy competition will help him get to the next level. He can definitely be more than a bottom six checker.

I see him as becoming a strong playmaker long term. He's never going to be a big scorer, but he does have the sort of offensive creativity many of our forwards lack.

i like to see him kovy and henrique play together

Maybe on a double shift, but I don't think he will but put into the top 6. His shifts with Kovalchuk have been excellent though.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
I'm confident the Devils will be able to keep Loktionov if they want to especially with Kovalchuk and Volchenkov here.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Not sure I can read 27 pages of thread, but does the majority here like Loktionov?

Scored already a big goal Thursday and he played the most ES for a center last night, centering the 1st line in the 3rd period. Chemistry with Kovalchuk made them a consistent scoring threat. First time I see Peter Deboer giving so much and tough minutes to a call-up, particularly after 3 games

At the moment, it's impossible to not like him. Hopefully that's for real, fingers crossed-tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad