Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Not sure if serious, but I don't remember much. We won that shootout at the end of the season I remember that. It was in Ottawa. I remember Clemmer playing a couple games. One game he gave up a bunch of softies that the post saved. That was a home game, and I think we won. Gionta won a home game in OT.

According to wikipedia we went 4-0-0 against them for the sweep that year!

EDIT - It was 07/08 when Gio scored the OT winner against them. It was Rolston who scored the winner in the OT game against them in 08/09.

lol...just testing your ridiculous memory. spot on!

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
There's not enough appreciation of the language barrier going on here. Most Russian players wouldn't even talk like Loki did with the witch-hunt that's out for all the enigmas and floaters. So he's not trained in team-first, "yes sir, of course sir" buzz-words like every NA player is. He thinks he's not effective at wing and he's being honest about it. Fine with me.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
There's not enough appreciation of the language barrier going on here. Most Russian players wouldn't even talk like Loki did with the witch-hunt that's out for all the enigmas and floaters. So he's not trained in team-first, "yes sir, of course sir" buzz-words like every NA player is. He thinks he's not effective at wing and he's being honest about it. Fine with me.

I liked what Mr. Genesis said. In the video, he looks more frightened to play wing than anything else. Now step back and take into consideration that maybe he really wants to remain in the NHL. If he's not playing well enough, the Devils are going to be the last NHL team Sushi's going to play for. In such a tough situation, I'd sure be scared to play out of position either.

Good luck kid, I'm with ya !

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
lol...just testing your ridiculous memory. spot on!

It was wikipedia! I needed help from it! I remember the shootout which was very late in the season, and a bunch of games with Clemmensen playing before that.

MultipleMiggs1

May 30, 2008
Monmouth County, NJ
We should give the coaches and the leadership group a chance to mold (Brainwash) this kid into the Devil way.

I'm sure right now his eyes are taped open and hes being forced to watch "team first" videos like Clockwork Orange.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Sounds like Loki needs encouragement and good coaching when it comes to playing wing. I'm guessing the Kings staff didn't really try to work with him aside from trying to fit him in the line up however they could. Of course I could be very mistaken there.
I'd be interested to see how he plays at center though, since that's his natural position.

apice3*

I don't really understand how a center can't play wing. It's just less responsibility, maybe more forechecking. When I read what Kings fans say about him, he just sounds like a playmaking winger.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Sounds like Loki needs encouragement and good coaching when it comes to playing wing. I'm guessing the Kings staff didn't really try to work with him aside from trying to fit him in the line up however they could. Of course I could be very mistaken there.
I'd be interested to see how he plays at center though, since that's his natural position.

I thought about it this way also. Maybe a fellow russian who was moved from his career position can help out and explain to him that if he can switch and play wing he will help out the team a whole lot more.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I don't really understand how a center can't play wing. It's just less responsibility, maybe more forechecking. When I read what Kings fans say about him, he just sounds like a playmaking winger.

Loktionov is bad along the boards. Centers still end up on the boards (especially if you're someone like Zajac who likes to play that way) but it happens less often, especially in the defensive zone.

But I agree, I really like the chemistry of this team. If there's any group of guys that can make a kid feel comfortable doing something he's not familiar with, it's probably these guys.

apice3*

We turned a floating LW into a two-way RW. Between Zubrus, Elias, Henrique, Parise, etc, we've turned wings into centers and centers into wings. If he puts the work and effort in, we can find a use for him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Don't take it to much out of context. He just said he wasn't good at wing, and scouting reports and Kings fans confirmed from day one he was very weak at wing. Maybe that is something that can be fixed in our system. Either way he still plays center and right now while he isn't playing bad, our 4th line center isn't lighting things up. I like JJ and want him to succeed, but if Loki can do better then give him a shot I think.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
if lokti is gonna be penciled in on that josefson line, id like to see them shift JJ over to LW and see how he can do there. rather let lokti get a shot at the position he not just prefers, but is much more effective in. not like moving josefson to the wing is gonna hold him back offensively since he hasnt contributed that way.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
We turned a floating LW into a two-way RW. Between Zubrus, Elias, Henrique, Parise, etc, we've turned wings into centers and centers into wings. If he puts the work and effort in, we can find a use for him.

Good point. It is incredible how much positional versatility there is among the Devils' forward corps.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
if lokti is gonna be penciled in on that josefson line, id like to see them shift JJ over to LW and see how he can do there. rather let lokti get a shot at the position he not just prefers, but is much more effective in. not like moving josefson to the wing is gonna hold him back offensively since he hasnt contributed that way.

I definitely think that is worth a try with Butler on the other wing. Someone could spark with that line. The kid has a lot of potential, I think it is worth using this opportunity to give him a look. Matteau is the one who should be used to clear space, send him down to the Q no fuss or trouble. Most likely best thing for his development anyway.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I definitely think that is worth a try with Butler on the other wing. Someone could spark with that line. The kid has a lot of potential, I think it is worth using this opportunity to give him a look. Matteau is the one who should be used to clear space, send him down to the Q no fuss or trouble. Most likely best thing for his development anyway.

could potentially be a pretty speedy line if they did give that a shot. kinda soft but figure if you cant have size and speed on a line might as well have a lot of one.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
could potentially be a pretty speedy line if they did give that a shot. kinda soft but figure if you cant have size and speed on a line might as well have a lot of one.

Yes and it helps that all three are pretty solid on the back check (well at least I assume Loki is from what the Kings fans have said). It's not like how Tedy is, fast but soft and lost in the defensive zone.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Meh... would've liked to see what he can bring but since our next game is against the Flyers, might as well wait.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Devils are making a good job of getting rid of a 5th round pick for nothing. I see Loktionov on his way back to Russia. Ant it is the best for him after all those "smart" guys try to make him something he isn't. If you don't need a center why trade for one?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Devils are making a good job of getting rid of a 5th round pick for nothing. I see Loktionov on his way back to Russia. Ant it is the best for him after all those "smart" guys try to make him something he isn't. If you don't need a center why trade for one?

Odds are that we weren't going to select a better with our 5th round pick anyways. At least we got a player that can step in if one of our centers goes down with a injury (see Gionta in our last game).

5th round picks usually don't even make it to the AHL, let alone the NHL. I couldn't be happier about that move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad