Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Scored already a big goal Thursday and he played the most ES for a center last night, centering the 1st line in the 3rd period. Chemistry with Kovalchuk made them a consistent scoring threat. First time I see Peter Deboer giving so much and tough minutes to a call-up, particularly after 3 games

At the moment, it's impossible to not like him. Hopefully that's for real, fingers crossed-tight.

Thanks guys. I really am hoping Loktionov has a great NHL career. he has paid his dues and has great playmaking abilities.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
When Zubrus comes back we could try this, should be relatively successful...

Poni-Henrique-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Zubrus-Lokti-Butler
CBGB

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I really hope we can sign him next year and he decides to stay in the NHL. I have been very impressed with him and we definitely need a forward like him.

absolutely. He is looking like a real keeper. Very very impressive in every way. He's faster than advertised as well

RJK

Feb 25, 2010
NC
this kid flashes all over the place. i've noticed a lot so far. him and poni seem to have some chemistry

kiwidevil

How has he been apart from his points?

What do you see his ceiling as. Even in his very few games with us so far?

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

He's been involved in a good amount of scoring chances. I still don't have a great grasp of his strength's, but he seems to have a knack for offense.

He is small, but not gio tiny.

Also checking his stat's, he's been a solid plus player every season aside from last year with the King's, and he's a +2 in 4 games here. And this is despite the fact that the team has stunk up the joint since he came aboard. So the fears of this kid being a defensive liability appear unfounded.

No idea what King's were thinking giving this guy away.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All I can say is this has been our best player arguably for 3 games. And despite this ****** run, he's on a 3 game point streak. Give this man more minutes, and stick Matteau, or other guys with Barch from here on out. He shouldn't be playing less than Matteau or have to be stuck with Barch to start games.

The Kings fans who said Moulson, and some other guys like Boyle who they gave away turned out to be gems, and they think Lokti will be too. I'm really seeing it right now. We gotta do better by this kid, and give him some more time with Kovy. He's sure as hell earned it.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008

Some Kings fans said he was not good defensively and that's totally and 100% wrong. He was on the PK (not sure what unit because of all the movement in the AHL for the past few seasons with us) but he was a great PKer in Manchester. Not sure he'll ever turn in to an NHL PKer but he's great positionally, and just SO smart. He knows where to be and he also knows where his linemates will be and where to give them the puck.

Ceiling to me is a 2nd line center. He can probably play 1st line duties with Kovie because the two seem like such a good fit (Lokti dishes, Kovie buries) but he's not ever going to be an elite-level player in this league, as very few are.

I compared them before and I will again - think Pavel Datsyuk. Smaller Russian leftie center, both pass first but can score, good hands, solid defensively, incredible vision and passing ability, not physical, and good with their sticks. A very underrated part of Lokti's game is lifting your stick and stealing the puck. Feel free to call him Sexyonov, although I'm the only one that really does. :laugh:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Some Kings fans said he was not good defensively and that's totally and 100% wrong. He was on the PK (not sure what unit because of all the movement in the AHL for the past few seasons with us) but he was a great PKer in Manchester. Not sure he'll ever turn in to an NHL PKer but he's great positionally, and just SO smart. He knows where to be and he also knows where his linemates will be and where to give them the puck.

Ceiling to me is a 2nd line center. He can probably play 1st line duties with Kovie because the two seem like such a good fit (Lokti dishes, Kovie buries) but he's not ever going to be an elite-level player in this league, as very few are.

I compared them before and I will again - think Pavel Datsyuk. Smaller Russian leftie center, both pass first but can score, good hands, solid defensively, incredible vision and passing ability, not physical, and good with their sticks. A very underrated part of Lokti's game is lifting your stick and stealing the puck. Feel free to call him Sexyonov, although I'm the only one that really does. :laugh:

We'll call him a nice gift for in return for beating us in the SCF!:nod:

I'm pretty high on this guy myself. He's one of the only things to be happy about this team right now. I hope he does well, and I really don't wanna see him leave for the KHL next year.

He's already got half of Zajac's total points in only 4 games!:amazed:

For some reason I'm afraid Pete won't leave Zajac off the first line for a while because he's our highest paid, and best center. Loktionov clearly is better with Kovy. The weirdest thing about him is he's produced 3 points in 4 games, and all 3 points I think were on different lines.

kiwidevil

Thanks a lot mate.

You guys know a lot more about him than us.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've always been very prone to loving Russians too. I usually root for them if the USA is out in national tournaments.

It's funny cause I'm not Russian, but I'm fond of their players. Always loved Alex Mogilny even before he came to the Devils. Kovy was one of my favorite non Devils players before he came too. Always loved Fedorov also.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
We'll call him a nice gift for in return for beating us in the SCF!:nod:

If you wanted to give us a real gift, PLEASE take Penner and Stool. Please? Won't stop asking until someone does. :laugh:

Thanks a lot mate.

You guys know a lot more about him than us.

No problem. I watch a few Manchester games when I can so I get to see our prospects a fair bit. Kid was ALWAYS the best player on the ice for either team every game I watched. True story - he scored a hatty his first NHL game.

Sexyonov? I can roll with that.

Good. :nod:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If you wanted to give us a real gift, PLEASE take Penner and Stool. Please? Won't stop asking until someone does. :laugh:

What do you think Lombardi wants for Penner? Stoll has too many years left for my liking. Penner could be a good rental though.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
What do you think Lombardi wants for Penner? Stoll has too many years left for my liking. Penner could be a good rental though.

We'll flip you him and a pick for future considerations. Fat ass is a healthy scratch and only shows up for 1 game out of ever 5. If the guy actually moved his skates, he'd destroy the NHL because he's SO strong, big, and can actually move. He just doesn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad