Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Real solid acquisition considering the return. To me, he looks like a top #6 center offensively but probably just needs to work on other aspects of his game away from the puck.

I don't know if that would make Josefson expendable but he's shown some flashes in the last couple of games. If for anything, it'll make Yayo work twice as hard and intern competition is never a bad thing.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Real solid acquisition considering the return. To me, he looks like a top #6 center offensively but probably just needs to work on other aspects of his game away from the puck.

I don't know if that would make Josefson expendable but he's shown some flashes in the last couple of games. If for anything, it'll make Yayo work twice as hard and intern competition is never a bad thing.

I think it shows just how far Josefson is from contributing regularly at the NHL level

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Lotki just needs to go on a big bulk and put on 10-15 lbs of muscle in a year. Same with Tedenby and Yayo. They should all just get together eat as much as possible and get a solid workout plan. Athletes at this level should be doing everything they can to their bodies to improve(except jump on the juice lol). With a little more strength Lotki wouldn't have many holes in his game of he continues at this level of play(that's a big if though haha).

apice3*

I think Loktionov is everything we wanted Tedenby to be. I'm not sure if Josefson expendable yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if if he or Tedenby are dealt.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I think Loktionov is everything we wanted Tedenby to be. I'm not sure if Josefson expendable yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if if he or Tedenby are dealt.

Poor Tedenboy is literally worth a bag of pucks atm. I can't any team showing a bit of interest until he turns it around.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Amen.

I don't want to crap on Tedenby but I don't see him ever cracking our NHL roster as a full time NHL'er. As for Josefson, he just needs more time in the AHL, there's no rush and his play whitout the puck is fantastic. Now, he just needs to get some confidence in Albany and focus on his offense.

It wouldn't hurt if he actually had a little bit of help cause our roster is pretty thin when it comes to "solid forwards" down in the AHL.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Josefson does still have some value attached to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is included in a package - I just wouldn't like it very much.

If he regains some confidence and develops properly to hit near his ceiling, he'd be a perfect Devils forward.

I'm willing to give it patience; we'll see what Lou has in store, though. Once everybody's healthy, we might be out of room on the roster this upcoming summer.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey

No way, Jose.

Tedenby is a slick skater with great hands. He just can't put the pieces together. Loki is looking like what we hoped JJ would already be.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Josefson does still have some value attached to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is included in a package - I just wouldn't like it very much.

If he regains some confidence and develops properly to hit near his ceiling, he'd be a perfect Devils forward.

I'm willing to give it patience; we'll see what Lou has in store, though. Once everybody's healthy, we might be out of room on the roster this upcoming summer.

This is exactly how I feel.

Let's be patient with Josefson. I think he'll turn out to be a heck of a player in 3 to 4 years. The fact he got injured so often in his first couple of seasons didn't help him out one bit but with patience, he'll add more muscle and gain confidence.

No need for us to rush him for nothing, especially if he's playing with Barch on our 4th line. Let him play 20 minutes a night on the 1st line in Albany and go from there.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
I think JJ's mental game is better, but for some reason his physical tools aren't matching up. I think the injuries he's had have taken a toll on him. He'll come around.

He's had very good numbers everywhere he's played, unlike Tedenby. Good stretch of hockey playing with Kovy too. I think he'll be fine, injuries delayed him for sure.

For once in many, many years we need our Euro prospects to finally pan out. Been too much bad luck with prospects for bascically 10+ years.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
The most surprising side in Loktionov's game is his positioning. Either in the defensive or the offensive zone, he's always where a center should be. It's screaming reliability.
Let's net get ahead of ourselves though, 4 games never meant squat.

But yes I really like him. :D

Lokti has ALWAYS been like this, and is part of the reason why I've always said he's solid defensively.

Kid's just smarter than the rest, and thus he has great vision because he's smart enough to know where the **** you are.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Didn't see the game but saw on twitter people keep mentioning that he made a sweet move on the play were he missed the open net right after. Gif worthy? Anybody care to describe it?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Didn't see the game but saw on twitter people keep mentioning that he made a sweet move on the play were he missed the open net right after. Gif worthy? Anybody care to describe it?

He had a partial break, faked a slapper, froze Pavelec who was pretty far out, tried to go wide around him but was too wide to the net and slid the puck through the crease.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I could only see us using Josefson in a package if Loktionov for sure stays in America next year. It would make him more expendable. Not saying it makes him expendable, but more expendable maybe.

I'm still pretty high on Loktionov. He's literally the only bright spot about this team right now. He's got 3 points in 4 games, and 3 in the last 3. He's played on 3 different lines getting these points too. Though I think Poni has been on the ice every time he's registered a point.

I think he's a pretty special player.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

In just his short stint thus far with the Devils, he has shown more promise than Josefson has in a while, if at all.

Considering how high we were on Josefson at one point, that's saying something. I've been extremely impressed.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Poni's been fine. 3 points in 6 games with the Devils, and before that he had 2 points in 12 games with the Jets. Another guy that isn't really a first liner though.

The USSR makeshift line of Poni-Lokti-Kovy has shown some flashes though.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Poni has been more meh than normal. and meh is his game. which makes it even worse. Eesh

We shouldn't be expecting him to produce in the top 6. He's proven season after season that that's not his strength and that's not when he was valuable last year (aside from makeshift lines in OT). Besides, everyone looks worse when they're losing.

apice3*

People were being a little ridiculous saying to have him center Kovy before even watching him play, but honestly I think he has looked better with Kovy than either Zajac or Henrique.

Although I do think Loki has been forcing passes to Kovy. Hasn't hurt us yet, but I think he's a little starstruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad