Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We'll flip you him and a pick for future considerations. Fat ass is a healthy scratch and only shows up for 1 game out of ever 5. If the guy actually moved his skates, he'd destroy the NHL because he's SO strong, big, and can actually move. He just doesn't do it.

Think a change of scenery could do him good? I understand a guy like Weiss playing like crap for Florida after the season they're having. But a guy who plays for the Stanley Cup champs who have a good chance to repeat?

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Think a change of scenery could do him good? I understand a guy like Weiss playing like crap for Florida after the season they're having. But a guy who plays for the Stanley Cup champs who have a good chance to repeat?

Honestly, I think he's got two years left in him before he either retires or goes to Europe. He's just bad most nights and people aren't going to continue to pay him. The only thing that needs to change is his compete level and if he's not going to do that for Darryl Sutter, not sure who he'd do it for.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, I think he's got two years left in him before he either retires or goes to Europe. He's just bad most nights and people aren't going to continue to pay him. The only thing that needs to change is his compete level and if he's not going to do that for Darryl Sutter, not sure who he'd do it for.

I think Lou, and Lombardi would get something going if there was interest. After the article during the SCF it sounds like they're still close. I think Lou was Lombardi's mentor. They did the Loktionov deal too.

How about Gagne? Think the Kings would be willing to part with him? We could be pretty good trade partners cause it's not like either of us are trying to fire sale, and both should be playoff teams. We just don't have much to give right now.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I think Lou, and Lombardi would get something going if there was interest. After the article during the SCF it sounds like they're still close. I think Lou was Lombardi's mentor. They did the Loktionov deal too.

How about Gagne? Think the Kings would be willing to part with him? We could be pretty good trade partners cause it's not like either of us are trying to fire sale, and both should be playoff teams. We just don't have much to give right now.

And it wouldn't take much to get Gagne. He's been a healthy scratch as well. Give us a pick/prospect and he's yours. He's certainly got more value than Penner but not sure how much he actually has.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
And it wouldn't take much to get Gagne. He's been a healthy scratch as well. Give us a pick/prospect and he's yours. He's certainly got more value than Penner but not sure how much he actually has.

totally into getting Gagne, Setoguchi or a good 3rd line center like Weiss. should be affordable:handclap:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I've always liked him. Even when he played for the Flyers. I think he had scored the most goals on Marty than anyone in the league at one time. He might still own though. It's been good to see him in the west these last two years!:laugh::laugh:

RJK

Feb 25, 2010
NC
def wouldn't mind gagne. very skilled offensive player that could boost whatever line he's on ala patty

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Gagne was really the only Flyer I ever liked. That said, I just don't think he's got much game left. I'd rather not give up anything to acquire him.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
why do we want gagne? Why are we trying to use assets to get him too? I'd rather stand pat then give up anything for him. If we are that desperate to move a Dman then move one for a prospect or pick because Gagne is not going to help this team this year either.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

why do we want gagne? Why are we trying to use assets to get him too? I'd rather stand pat then give up anything for him. If we are that desperate to move a Dman then move one for a prospect or pick because Gagne is not going to help this team this year either.

I wouldn't mind Gagné, but only if we're acquiring him for a player we know doesn't stand a shot at cracking our squad... like Corrente for exemple.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
That can be dangerous. In the sense that the other players don't expect those plays and get caught off guard. Both out and their teams.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Whatever, the Devil's players will get used to it.

Elias being ahead of the play has never been a detriment to NJ.

On the other hand, it's taken this long for Kovy's surrounding players to get on his wavelength. He's always two steps ahead of the play, used to knock his linemates off guard.

Part of the reason that he has so much chemistry with both Loki and Elias, I guess.

If we ever had the chance to see an Elias-Loki-Kovy line... :naughty:

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
On the other hand, it's taken this long for Kovy's surrounding players to get on his wavelength. He's always two steps ahead of the play, used to knock his linemates off guard.

Part of the reason that he has so much chemistry with both Loki and Elias, I guess.

If we ever had the chance to see an Elias-Loki-Kovy line... :naughty:
Other lines would lack creativity. But yes, that`d be a treat to watch.

foxboro24

Feb 20, 2013
Jersey Shore
Other lines would lack creativity. But yes, that`d be a treat to watch.

I just don't think you should put elias and kovi together....or clarkson and kovi i think that his skill alone is enough to carry a line and his threat causes easy opportunities for all players he shares the ice with. Let people who can make their own chances stand on lines they can take advantage of

Bosskarelli

Jun 21, 2007
Florida
Would be nice if they'd try that line on the powerplay.

PP1 Elias-Loki-Kovy
Larsson-Greene

PP2 Henrique-Zajac-Clarkson
Fayne-Zidlicky

But of course that would require using two actual defensemen on the powerplay, having Kovy at wing, and him not being out the full two minutes. The horror! :sarcasm:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
He should get pp time we could use the creativity. He been so impressive. His speed has really surprised me. Wasn't he supposed to be slow? He's looking like one of our fastest skaters. He can really pass too I hope we can sign him. You know he's gotta be grateful for the opportunity the devils have given him and he's gotta love being on a team with Kovy.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The most surprising side in Loktionov's game is his positioning. Either in the defensive or the offensive zone, he's always where a center should be. It's screaming reliability.
Let's net get ahead of ourselves though, 4 games never meant squat.

But yes I really like him. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad