Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
It's most likely best not to keep speculating who and just hope the team is able to successfully convince the person to get jabbed.

yeah, that’s the truth. We’re all acting like it’s Blackwood and we don’t even know for sure. And even if we DID know, there’s nothing to do except wait and see. So might as well do that regardless.

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
yeah, that’s the truth. We’re all acting like it’s Blackwood and we don’t even know for sure. And even if we DID know, there’s nothing to do except wait and see. So might as well do that regardless.

People are making assumptions based on Instagram follows, same as they did with the PTO guy’s Twitter follows. You would think people would learn after jumping the gun once. I’d also bet money Blackwood isn’t the only other Devil besides the PTO guy with so-called questionable follows or beliefs either.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
People are making assumptions based on Instagram follows, same as they did with the PTO guy’s Twitter follows. I’d bet money Blackwood isn’t the only other Devil besides the PTO guy with so-called questionable follows or beliefs either.

It's not just that. I've seen a few people who apparently have some insider info that have said it's him. How valid their sources are or if they're even telling the truth at all who knows but he seems to be the one everyone's pointing to

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
People are making assumptions based on Instagram follows, same as they did with the PTO guy’s Twitter follows. You would think people would learn after jumping the gun once. I’d also bet money Blackwood isn’t the only other Devil besides the PTO guy with so-called questionable follows or beliefs either.

Wood, Zacha, Subban, Hamilton, and Bernier talked about the player in question in an article so its not any of them so "prominent" player really narrows it down. Hughes and Smith live together so it being them doesn't make sense either.

Also apparently has the same agency as Bertuzzi and Rinaldo and apparently didn't go back to Canada in the off-season.

All that in addition to who he follows on Instagram and I don't really think it's going out on a limb saying it's Blackwood.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Wood, Zacha, Subban, Hamilton, and Bernier talked about the player in question in an article so its not any of them so "prominent" player really narrows it down. Hughes and Smith live together so it being them doesn't make sense either. Don't really think it's going out on a limb saying it's Blackwood.

I saw someone say that Severson said he was vaccinated in the Staff and Graph episode so not him either

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Sports minded unlimited. Not at all surprising considering who runs the place and how dumb that Facebook group that's involved acts.

Im not sure what you’re getting at with that comment but I know they intended to implement protocols to keep people and Blackwood safe and at a comfortable distance. Never had any problems with the people who run the store before either.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'll be disappointed in whoever it turns out to be, but if they're willing to miss games and money and go through additional protocols, I think they should be able to make that decision.

Reactions: swiiscompos

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

In a normal setting yes, but this is the internet my friend. Gun jumping makes up roughly 87% of social media these days.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Im not sure what you’re getting at with that comment but I know they intended to implement protocols to keep people and Blackwood safe and at a comfortable distance. Never had any problems with the people who run the store before either.

They had it outside, their "protocols" included no touching or handshakes but there were sure plenty of pictures with fans and him with arms around one another. Makes no sense to being doing that right before training camp.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Gomez played with some fantastic wingers who made him better too
If you are talking about throughout his career...sure. No question about it. If you are talking about his rookie season.... You might be revising history more than just a bit. Most of his time was with Brylin and a broken down Claude...he elevated their play and made things happen. He got little help and still succeeded. Brylin has 9 goals that year and Claude had 17....Gomez still managed 50+ assist. You're spinning bullshit if you are trying to say Gomez had good wingers his rookie season.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
If you are talking about throughout his career...sure. No question about it. If you are talking about his rookie season.... You might be revising history more than just a bit. Most of his time was with Brylin and a broken down Claude...he elevated their play and made things happen. He got little help and still succeeded. Brylin has 9 goals that year and Claude had 17....Gomez still managed 50+ assist. You're spinning bullshit if you are trying to say Gomez had good wingers his rookie season.
Scott had 19 goals himself that year, he was sensational, I still remember one of the first games at the garden he had a hattrick, I never saw a rookie make it look so easy.

Reactions: JimEIV

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
By making a decision about your own body doesn't put one above the team...

Except he puts others at risk as well. Regardless of if everyone else is vaccinated, there are breakthrough cases. The safest possible course of action, especially for a group of people constantly in close contact with each other, is to get vaccinated. This player choosing not to get vaccinated affects everyone in multiple ways. So yes, selfish.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
i mean if he’s going to miss games directly because he didn’t get the shot then he literally isn’t contributing to the team

Ask yourself that should be a reason someone doesn't play a game or get to do their job.....It makes no sense..

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Teams travel privately. The restrictions are so strict on unvaccinated players on the road that they're confined to their rooms outside of games and practices. He'll be surrounded by 100% vaccinated people. It's possible and I'll be f***ing pissed at him if it does happen because he's a massive moron but I don't think there's that high of a chance
The NHL’s protocol isn’t exactly amazing. They didn’t think things through last season, they had to scramble in early February when they realized that having a bunch of dudes bunched together, breathing heavily, in glass box wasn’t a good and they removed the glass shielding behind the players benches. And when they announced they were considering putting HEPA air cleaners behind the benches too. They also had teams create more locker space at that point so players so there could be 6 feet between players in locker rooms. (I guess costs had kept them from not bothering to from doing it before).

NHL Implements Four Modifications To COVID-19 In-Arena Protocols, Including Removal Of Glass from Behind Benches

And 2021-22 protocols deal with rules about people that interact with players and staff, travel (hotels, planes, buses, border crossing). And a lot about testing, symptoms and tracing, which is what the league really counts on.

because this:

F69433EF-DDB2-480E-94C0-1C787A9FD323.jpeg

Doesn’t help among teammate if there’s this major exception.

E862110D-319D-4289-BD2E-1A45C7B759D5.jpeg

https://media.nhl.com/site/asset/public/ext/2021-22/2021-22COVIDProtocol.pdf

And I doubt Lou came up with his rule just because no important wasn’t unvaccinated. A team rule is for everybody, or it’s not a team rule. Hockey is team-oriented sport, if they aren’t willing to do it for the team, then they can’t be on the team. It’s not neck surgery, it a shot. If you if you don’t have it, you don’t have to be on the team. You’re in or you’re out.

That’s particularly why I don’t like him being at camp. But if Fitz is not coddling them, and setting up playing them, is somehow actually reaching them to get to change then that’s sort of ok, I guess.

Again, feel free to disagree, this is my take. (I hate COVID debates on internet and I hate that this is happening.)

Reactions: Tao Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad