Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
screw that! Name the player! He’s a freaking adult and if he is putting himself above the team I want to know. No babying no trying to convince. He’s a grown man that made a decision he’s allowed to make so then let him answer the questions it brings. The simple fact the player isn’t coming forward to me means he’s a pu**y. (Can you say that on here)? You have that much conviction? Be a man and step up

we're going to find out who it is relatively quickly due to the protocols

Reactions: Darkauron

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
They also probably aren’t reviewing because they don’t want other teams to know they are over the barrel again needing a goalie. Although I’m sure other teams know.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
If this was on another team say the Rangers and a key player no less you are all kidding yourselves if you wouldn’t be calling that player gutless not team orientation. Same applies for whoever it is here

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
They want the player to get vaxxed and most likely feel outting him will only make them dig their heels in further.
I’m not sure be allowed to be at Training Camp will get them to do it, it eliminated any immediate negative effects of the decision.

The Oilers got Duncan Keith to do it because he couldn’t come to camp. Also “you get to play at Training Camp but can’t get near anyone at any other time” is the sort of easy going logic that this team uses as protocol, I can see why we had a breakout ten games in last season.

If this soft approach works with “the player” works, then great, I’m a little ticked off right and not particularly interested in endlessly debating this. But when someone faces no immediate sanctions for his decision, it’s doesn’t really feel wrong to them.

The team said the player reversed their decision to vaccinate, so I don’t know if they think they’re still vacillating will flip flop yet again. But saying you get a vaccination and then showing up for camp not vaccinated is not professional to me, to say the least. Sorry if I don’t care about the emotional journey behind it, he blindsided the team. And I wonder how much he was really planning to do, but there’s no way to know. I don’t care that much. I just want him get it or he’s screwed up the whole year.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
we're going to find out who it is relatively quickly due to the protocols

That’s not the point. We should already know. The player should have the balls to answer for his actions not hide until he can’t anymore. It shouldn’t be up to the team either he should just have come forward. So everyone will assume and try to guess who it is and take focus away from the camp

Reactions: Buck Dancer

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
That’s not the point. We should already know. The player should have the balls to answer for his actions not hide until he can’t anymore. It shouldn’t be up to the team either he should just have come forward. So everyone will assume and try to guess who it is and take focus away from the camp

oh I agree with you on this. Just saying...it won't take long to figure it out.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
yeah this is the one thing i can’t square. Really curious.

I don't know what's not to square here. Adults who are unvaccinated by choice do not see this sort of thing as a threat. (We also don't know it's Blackwood). He also had COVID; maybe only a negative COVID test was required to have the autograph signing (or nothing at all, and again, we still don't know it's him).

Reactions: GameSeven

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I don't know what's not to square here. Adults who are unvaccinated by choice do not see this sort of thing as a threat. (We also don't know it's Blackwood). He also had COVID; maybe only a negative COVID test was required to have the autograph signing (or nothing at all, and again, we still don't know it's him).
you’re preaching to the choir here. I just assumed that event was subject to the same restrictions currently in place.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
So whoever this ends up being we have the right to call into question the players commitment to winning? To the team? Us fans who pay to watch him play a game? Really surprised not many more people on here are upset at the decision to hide.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
So whoever this ends up being we have the right to call into question the players commitment to winning? To the team? Us fans who pay to watch him play a game? Really surprised not many more people on here are upset at the decision to hide.

It is pretty sad. I am pissed off at who ever it is.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Sure it's annoying and the players a massive idiot but I just seriously don't see it having much of an impact on the season at all

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Sure it's annoying and the players a massive idiot but I just seriously don't see it having much of an impact on the season at all
What impact does it have realistically except when it comes to games in Canada?

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I mean you would think the guy who has a legitimate chance to make Team Canada and whose season last year got destroyed by the virus would get vaccinated, but I guess I don’t know anything.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Wouldn't be surprised if it has no impact on US games and I don't even think the Canadian games will matter too much. There's one back to back in Canada all year so you'll probably play a non Bernier/Blackwood goalie that game. Outside of that you'll just play Bernier for the other 8 Canadian games and whoop dee doo that's not a big deal because Bernier's really good

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

As mentioned unvaccinated players probably have greater quarantine requirements if they come in close contact with a positive test. That could mean missed games. Also being unvaccinated means greater risk of actually catching the damn virus which means missed games.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Wouldn't be surprised if it has no impact on US games and I don't even think the Canadian games will matter too much. There's one back to back in Canada all year so you'll probably play a non Bernier/Blackwood goalie that game. Outside of that you'll just play Bernier for the other 8 Canadian games and whoop dee doo that's not a big deal because Bernier's really good
So basically, if it’s Mac, he only won’t play in Canada?

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
oh yeah absolutely.

TBH i’m glad the team and the press aren’t outing the guy. No matter what we think about him, i don’t really think any of them deserve the sort of abuse that would come from the public-at-large, and that’s with all the others being relative no-names.

But as far as *I’M* concerned, you deserve what you get from the fanbase. Especially this team and this season.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
As mentioned unvaccinated players probably have greater quarantine requirements if they come in close contact with a positive test. That could mean missed games. Also being unvaccinated means greater risk of actually catching the damn virus which means missed games.
Greater quarantine requirements would indeed suck. I’ll wait to see if it’s him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad