Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I don’t know why this organization won’t say who, I think every other team’s player is known.

Because they’re trying to convince him to get the vaccine instead of publicly shaming him.

Everyone attached to the team knows it will eventually come out but the team would rather be the players good partner rather than shamer. The team is going to have more constructive conversations from being a good partner; it sounds like the player is on the fence so the team would like to keep in their ear.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don’t know why this organization won’t say who, I think every other team’s player is known.

Perhaps this is out of respect for not putting the player on blast. I'm guessing this is the motivation for not announcing it. Fitz has been very outspoken about the family atmosphere and family members watch out for each other.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
One good thing in this player's favor is we don't go to Canada until Dec 3rd (Winnipeg), so he does have some time before then. Hopefully he'll just take the needle(s) and get it over with.

Reactions: Shakir ONeal

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
The speculation is Blackwood. He has the same agent as Rinaldo and Bertuzzi, and he follows… certain accounts in Instagram, let’s put it that way.
I agree with the Devils here. Naming and shaming tends to backfire. Being open and empathetic goes a long way.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
One good thing in this player's favor is we don't go to Canada until Dec 3rd (Winnipeg), so he does have some time before then. Hopefully he'll just take the needle(s) and get it over with.
That’s plenty of time for him to do more research on the vaccine. And by research I mean just read stuff on facebook and watch some youtube videos.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

The issue goes beyond trips to Canada. I would imagine the close contact restrictions are greater as an unvaccinated player. This you could lose the player if he was in close contact with a positive.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I still would be floored if it was Blackwood. I can’t fathom how the public autograph signing with a couple hundred people happens if he’s not vaccinated.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Should be going with the Lou approach if he doesnt want to get vaccinated.

It easy to go with the Lou approach when it is a nobody. Harder when it is you starting goalie and it means you have to scramble to acquire someone for the 2nd training camp in a row.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
The speculation is Blackwood. He has the same agent as Rinaldo and Bertuzzi, and he follows… certain accounts in Instagram, let’s put it that way.

I agree with the Devils here. Naming and shaming tends to backfire. Being open and empathetic goes a long way.

screw that! Name the player! He’s a freaking adult and if he is putting himself above the team I want to know. No babying no trying to convince. He’s a grown man that made a decision he’s allowed to make so then let him answer the questions it brings. The simple fact the player isn’t coming forward to me means he’s a pu**y. (Can you say that on here)? You have that much conviction? Be a man and step up

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad