Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It’s infuriating, no question about it. You just hope that they’re convinced now before things get more complicated or that there is no further impact on the rest of the team.

Here’s hoping the team convinces this player that it’s for the best for everyone.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
To be fair, this unnamed player hasn't actually broken any rules yet. He could just not get it and do all the things required of him if he doesn't.

He may also eventually get it. The team is actively trying to convince him, and it's most likely best to wait and see if they can be successful in that.

I frankly don't care about their reasoning as long as it gets done.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Ask yourself that should be a reason someone doesn't play a game or get to do their job.....It makes no sense..

Whether you think it should be or not the NHL has clear protocols in place that everyone knew about. So it doesn't matter, this impacts the team no matter what if they don't get vaccinated. Just get it lol... it's really that easy

Reactions: Guttersniped

swiiscompos

Dec 9, 2018
London, UK
how can it be anyone who was on the roster last year after seeing first hand how bad things were?
They might be afraid of getting the vaccine, and if they were sick last year they would still have a pretty decent immunity. If we want to convince people to take the vaccine it’s important to listen to them first and try to understand their point of view.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
He may also eventually get it. The team is actively trying to convince him, and it's most likely best to wait and see if they can be successful in that.

I frankly don't care about their reasoning as long as it gets done.
Yeah, either way, little soon to act like Zacha is playing center or something.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The goal is to get yhe player to get the shot. Not to publicly shame him and chase him off the team.

Keeping it quiet for now is the right move and hopefully they are stressing this as a smart business decision and a "sacrifice" for the team so he doesn't dig in and double down

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
They might be afraid of getting the vaccine, and if they were sick last year they would still have a pretty decent immunity. If we want to convince people to take the vaccine it’s important to listen to them first and try to understand their point of view.
nobody has to take it
but employers have rules
I can drink, but I cant be at work drinking,
I can drink, but I cant drive a car when drinking
I can smoke, but I cant be at work smoking
I can walk around barefoot, but I cant be barefoot at work
these players dont have to take the vaccine, and they can play in the AHL or KHL

Reactions: Eggtimer

swiiscompos

Dec 9, 2018
London, UK
nobody has to take it
but employers have rules
I can drink, but I cant be at work drinking,
I can drink, but I cant drive a car when drinking
I can smoke, but I cant be at work smoking
I can walk around barefoot, but I cant be barefoot at work
these players dont have to take the vaccine, and they can play in the AHL or KHL
Of course, even if at the moment they are allowed to play under some conditions. My point had nothing to do with whether it’s right or wrong, it’s about the attitude to have towards unvaccinated people. I want everybody to get vaccinated but isolating or mocking people who aren’t vaccinated yet won’t help to achieve that, quite the opposite.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’m not 100% sold it’s Blackwood .His mom is the president and ceo of the Thunder Bay Health Science Centre plus the Thunder Bay Regional Health Research Institute, wouldn’t really jive ?

Last edited:

WetWholphin

Sep 4, 2021
https://hfboards.mandatory.com
if the player who currently has not been vaccinated continues to refuse the vaccine into the season, its time to move on from them. id like to give the benefit of the doubt regarding their ability to change positions on this issue, but honestly if youre capable of ignoring everything thats gone on the past 2 years, im not sure there is much convincing to be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satans Hockey

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I’m not 100% sold it’s Blackwood .His mom is the president and ceo of the Thunder Bay Health Science Centre… wouldn’t really jive ?
Idk but he follows some of the dumbest people in America on insta so I’m leaning towards him. I really don’t care about politics and there are smart and dumb people across the political spectrum. He seems to like listening to imbeciles lol.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
no way its someone who they interviewed

can you imagine the PR disaster if ppl found out the unvaxxed person was interviewed unmasked? seems bad from an optics standpoint, no?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
no way its someone who they interviewed

can you imagine the PR disaster if ppl found out the unvaxxed person was interviewed unmasked? seems bad from an optics standpoint, no?

Apparently the media setup was setup for more than 6 feet apart so masks didn't need to be worn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad