Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiiscompos

Dec 9, 2018
London, UK
A lot of the folks he follows have been heavily pushing anti-vax stuff for months now.

He is most likely smart enough to realize he shouldn't be liking those tweets since he needs a job.

Vesey spoke today so I doubt it's him, and Fitz made it sound like the active roster all got their shots so it most likely has to be a PTO

Oh, it's probably him. I didn't check who he was following (and I don't know, partly on purpose, US politics well enough), just saying that his likes were nothing special but as you said, that's probably just him being smart enough... at least to some point.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Oh, it's probably him. I didn't check who he was following (and I don't know, partly on purpose, US politics well enough), just saying that his likes were nothing special but as you said, that's probably just him being smart enough... at least to some point.

He liked a tweet hinting at falsifying vaccination status. It has to be him.

Reactions: Guttersniped

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Agh . I’m guessing Tatar takes Zacha’s spot on the wing and they stick with Koukkanen Hughes Shara line. I was hoping that Tatar would be with Hughes to give him someone who can finish better . Might still happen but it’s not looking like it . I wonder what Jack will think of not getting Tatar on his line ? I would think he was hoping for that . I’d be a little pissed if I was him expecting that.
It opens up a lot more line combos but still sucks if Zacha is a C.

Maybe Mercer takes a spot on Hughes or Nico’s line then? Mercer with Hughes makes more sense as Nico can do a lot of the heavy lifting on his line while Mercer would be a beast at retrieving pucks on the Hughes line

My darkhorse prediction. Maybe not on opening night, but later on in the season. Also I mentioned it before, but I don't see Tatar working well with Hughes at all. Much better fit with Nico.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
My darkhorse prediction. Maybe not on opening night, but later on in the season. Also I mentioned it before, but I don't see Tatar working well with Hughes at all. Much better fit with Nico.

I really don't see why he wouldn't fit with Jack.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
zacha.png

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
They streamed the scrimmages last year right? I didn't catch any but I seem to remember people talking about them

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
My apologies if this was posted already. I listened to Ruff with respect to Zacha. He did make the comment that he was playing C in camp but followed up by saying he would play wing as well. Said you may see him at C for the first couple of scrimmages and left wing the next. Made some comments about him needing to take key draws for them, etc and wanted to make sure he was comfortable at both positions. He was asked where JBoq was playing and said he would be in the middle as well.

If I had to guess what is happening based only on Ruffs comments is that there is a starting spot open and that spot is JBoq as a C vs one of the young players as a wing with Zacha taking the losers spot.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
My apologies if this was posted already. I listened to Ruff with respect to Zacha. He did make the comment that he was playing C in camp but followed up by saying he would play wing as well. Said you may see him at C for the first couple of scrimmages and left wing the next. Made some comments about him needing to take key draws for them, etc and wanted to make sure he was comfortable at both positions. He was asked where JBoq was playing and said he would be in the middle as well.

If I had to guess what is happening based only on Ruffs comments is that there is a starting spot open and that spot is JBoq as a C vs one of the young players as a wing with Zacha taking the losers spot.

Boqvist better not lose then. Even just saying he wants him to be comfortable at both positions is a turnoff. Sure you'd love for every player to be able to play both center and wing but the majority of guys can't. Zacha falls into that majority

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

thank you for this post…..i was hesitant to shit on lindy when i heard the C thing as i couldnt believe an nhl coach would outright say that without any other context ……this makes some sense

besides……the season is very long (again….not these last 2 shortened ones) and there will be many line changes and the inevitable injuries that every team deals with.

im trying to stay on the positive side on this one….(for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad