Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
This is because Boqvist has shown he isn’t any good at the NHL level (can’t score at all) and McLeod is too much of a question mark for a top-9 role. He had an Adam Henrique shooting percentage last year, after scoring absolutely 0 goals almost 40 games into his NHL career.
I know why this is happening, they had a tough time getting other lines going offensively. It f***ing sucks.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
It's Wotherspoon - check out this dude's Twitter - his follows and likes...it's OANtastic

matt-hardy-delete.gif

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I know why this is happening, they had a tough time getting other lines going offensively. It f***ing sucks.

Yeah and using the guy who has never created or produced much at 5v5 is definitely going to be the guy that gets another line going, but hey as long as you ignore that incredibly important context and just look at his raw pt totals from last year he can TOTALLY be that guy... Braindead move

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
There's a video of PK dancing maskless. It's not him. Blackwood and Kuokkanen seem to be the options
Don’t say Blackwood. Or I will start to think our goaltending situation will be eternally cursed.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Don’t say Blackwood. Or I will start to think our goaltending situation will be eternally cursed.

It's likely not him. Just someone people have speculated. Also the Athletic said we're 100% vaxxed so it's probably a prospect or a PTO guy with Wotherspoon seeming to maybe check out based on what others have said

swiiscompos

Dec 9, 2018
London, UK
It's Wotherspoon - check out this dude's Twitter - his follows and likes...it's OANtastic
I checked his likes on Twitter (because I have nothing better to do), sure he liked a Fox News and a Newsmax article... but the first one is about remembering falling soldiers and the second one about people rescuing someone from an alligator in a zoo... Those are probably hints, but he really doesn't post or like political stuff (on the other hand he seems to be pretty heavy into crypto).

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I checked his likes on Twitter (because I have nothing better to do), sure he liked a Fox News and a Newsmax article... but the first one is about remembering falling soldiers and the second one about people rescuing someone from an alligator in a zoo... Those are probably hints, but he really doesn't post or like political stuff (on the other hand he seems to be pretty heavy into crypto).
He also seems to love Tim Allen lol

Reactions: Guttersniped

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

A lot of the folks he follows have been heavily pushing anti-vax stuff for months now.

He is most likely smart enough to realize he shouldn't be liking those tweets since he needs a job.

Vesey spoke today so I doubt it's him, and Fitz made it sound like the active roster all got their shots so it most likely has to be a PTO

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I was told it's Blackwood and I really hope I'm wrong. HOWEVER, while he's our future #1, I feel in good hands with Bernier.... certainly much better than Wedgewood/Dell.
f***ING KILL ME, IS THAT TRUE? I CAN’T TAKE THIS NEWS, I’M LITERALLY HAVING A PANIC ATTACK.

CAN THIS TEAM MANAGE TO HAVE TWO f***ING FUNCTIONAL NHL GOALIES AT ONE TIME ON THE ROSTER? HOW MANY YEARS DO HAVE TO WAIT FOR THIS MIRACLE.

DON’T BREAK MY GODDAMN HEART BY RANDOMLY BEING AN IDIOT MAC. GOALTENDING CAN’T DESTROY A 3RD SEASON IN A ROW, DEAR GOD.

The last preseason had the double kick in the face of Crawford’s retirement and Nico’s secret injury after we waited 9 f***ing months for Devils hockey.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
f***ING KILL ME, IS THAT TRUE? I CAN’T TAKE THIS NEWS, I’M LITERALLY HAVING A PANIC ATTACK.

CAN THIS TEAM MANAGE TO HAVE TWO f***ING FUNCTIONAL NHL GOALIES AT ONE TIME ON THE ROSTER? HOW MANY YEARS DO HAVE TO WAIT FOR THIS MIRACLE.

DON’T BREAK MY GODDAMN HEART BY RANDOMLY BEING AN IDIOT MAC. GOALTENDING CAN’T DESTROY A 3RD SEASON IN A ROW, DEAR GOD.

The last preseason had the double kick in the face of Crawford’s retirement and Nico’s secret injury after we waited 9 f***ing months for Devils hockey.

It's not Blackwood. They wouldn't let him do his press event maskless if it was him.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It's likely not him. Just someone people have speculated. Also the Athletic said we're 100% vaxxed so it's probably a prospect or a PTO guy with Wotherspoon seeming to maybe check out based on what others have said

Good thing someone on the board completely freaked me out with bullshit then. After what happened with Crawford and how generally our team has gotten better that last few years but the goaltending has made us look like complete garbage… I really need good goaltending this year. I just solid, non-trash fire goaltending from two NHL goaltenders on roster at the same time.

This is my dream.

Reactions: OmNomNom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad