Devils 2021 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
LOL the feeling is mutual, I’d rather forget about his tenure cause this guy was so freaking overrated by everyone including Lou, he never wanted to be here anyway and took the first opportunity to peace out after Lou and VBK spent a year plus trying to get him here. Thanks for playing Clemmensen over Weekes in 2009, **** off about everything else.

...and Elias C strip.... screw sutter

Reactions: Guttersniped

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I’m almost more mad at him playing Elias fourteen minutes and the Madden line like twenty in Game 7 against Carolina than that. Almost.

That also...

....To forget about Sutter, lets move back to talking about our 1oa's I hope Nico has full recovery. Hearing that concussion, surgery, etc. makes me get a bit worried over the long haul. Hope there is no long term effects from that...

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This would be the softest, worst finishing team in the NHL if Wood and Palmieri were moved. We have to start winning games at some point.

Yeah. At some point you have to lay the groundwork and support system to surround the core guys. I’m not sure that Palms is that important to the organizations future based on how they have not made any effort to even explore extending him. I’d prefer to keep Wood short of a crazy offer. It would have to be more than pick 27-32 and a good prospect. I doubt any team offers more than that. If the team manages to improve next season they will likely want Wood to be part of it

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We can start winning after we get 1sts and prospects for them.
I was fine with the trade, the value was good, but I would rather have Blake Coleman than Nolan Foote and Shakir Mukhamadullin.

I’m fine with dealing Palmieri, can’t just let him walk for nothing. But I don’t want to subtract from the roster to collect picks in what’s going to be a crapshoot draft because of corona.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I was fine with the trade, the value was good, but I would rather have Blake Coleman than Nolan Foote and Shakir Mukhamadullin.

I’m fine with dealing Palmieri, can’t just let him walk for nothing. But I don’t want to subtract from the roster to collect picks in what’s going to be a crapshoot draft because of corona.

Given the context of our team, I would much rather have Foote and Mukhamadullin than Coleman. What are we gonna miss the playoffs by 12 points rather than 15 points with Coleman?

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

Right now Coleman would be better. But in 3-4 years when we’re hopefully actually starting to contend, Foote and Muhk are much more likely to have an impact and help us win.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I mean I don't think Jim is entirely wrong. For first overalls they've both been pretty disappointing. Having two of them makes it worse. I am not however totally on board with the doom and gloom approach but you cannot honestly say you've been enamored with either at each point in their careers. Just bad years to get 1st overall with no Mathews, McDavid, etc type players. They're both going to be long time NHLers but I don't think either is going to be an all time great. Which is fine, if not a little disappointing.

Reactions: mdj12784

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Given the context of our team, I would much rather have Foote and Mukhamadullin than Coleman. What are we gonna miss the playoffs by 12 points rather than 15 points with Coleman?
Muk may start making some contributions in 4 years after Jack’s ELC is burned. Or he might not at all, according to many scouts.

I’m just done getting excited about getting lottery tickets for a proven commodity. And the young guys will not develop properly if you give them zero finishers.

Reactions: Ol Dirty Bstrd

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I mean I don't think Jim is entirely wrong. For first overalls they've both been pretty disappointing. Having two of them makes it worse. I am not however totally on board with the doom and gloom approach but you cannot honestly say you've been enamored with either at each point in their careers. Just bad years to get 1st overall with no Mathews, McDavid, etc type players. They're both going to be long time NHLers but I don't think either is going to be an all time great. Which is fine, if not a little disappointing.

Wasn't bad at all. Both will be franchise corner stones for years to come.

Development isn't the same for every kid.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
A Wood deal is much harder to pull off than a Coleman deal -

A: Wood makes more money
B: He has less of a track record (he's been in the league longer but he's been worse)
C: For any team that already has 7 forwards they intend to protect in the expansion draft, it's not worth giving up a 1st to potentially lose him there
D: The salary cap crunch is more difficult next season than it is this season

The only way I'm in favor of a Wood deal like this if the attempt is to flip the 1st round pick. You've got to try to turn the corner sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad