Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
This is what I roll with when Bratt/Nico are back.

Gusev-Hischier-Palmieri
Sharangovich-Hughes-Bratt
Zacha-Zajac-Wood
Johnsson-McLeod-Boqvist

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK27

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Welp....that answers my earlier question.

So Bratt did get his Visa probably either late yesterday or early today and immediately took the earliest flight to the U.S. (and Newark).

I'm so f'n thrilled.

Now it's a matter of getting by this COVID Protocol and then getting some practice in.

Can't wait to see this again :

How about THIS? :naughty:

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
My final Line-up wishes

Zacha - Hischier - Bratt
Sharangovich - Hughes - Palmeiri
Wood - Zajac - Boqvist
Johsson - Mcleod - Bastian

Sit - Gusev, Kuokkanen

I would love to see Zacha Hischier and bratt together on a line. I know Zacha gets a lot of crap on here and he hasn’t had a great start and many other players haven’t as well but I think those three together could be amazing and could see Zacha finally putting up some points

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Put him with Zacha - Gusev and move Johnsson down to the fourth line. Johnsson might earn himself a benching if he doesn’t show something too:

Sharangovich - Hughes - Palmieri
Bratt - Zacha - Gusev
Wood - Zajac - Boqvist
Johnsson - McLeod - Bastian

This is prob what will happen. If johnsson doesn't improve, he's next to go with zacha sliding to 4th line when nico gets back.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I would love to see Zacha Hischier and bratt together on a line. I know Zacha gets a lot of crap on here and he hasn’t had a great start and many other players haven’t as well but I think those three together could be amazing and could see Zacha finally putting up some points

He hasn't had a great start and has never been all that good anyway. Maybe he will produce but it will be nowhere near as much as Gusev would in that same position.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
He hasn't had a great start and has never been all that good anyway. Maybe he will produce but it will be nowhere near as much as Gusev would in that same position.
You’re probably right but I still would like to see those three together for a game or even just a period and see if anything happens. They seem to have some chemistry together. Zacha did look good when he was centering bratt and goose

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
You’re probably right but I still would like to see those three together for a game or even just a period and see if anything happens. They seem to have some chemistry together. Zacha did look good when he was centering bratt and goose

Just comparing Bratt-Zacha-Gusev to Zacha-Nico-Bratt then I think it makes more sense. If you go with Zacha-Nico-Bratt then Gusev is not going to produce and you're wasting a great offensive talent. On the whole though I don't think the lineup is optimized with either line

Johnsson-Nico-Boqvist?
Sharangovich-Hughes-Palms
Bratt-Zacha-Gusev
Wood-Zajac-McLeod

or

Zacha-Nico-Bratt
Wood-Zajac-Boqvist
Johnsson-McLeod-Bastian

are worse lineups to me than

Gusev-Nico-Bratt
Wood-Zajac-Boqvist
Zacha-McLeod-Johnsson

In reality the only way I can see Zacha-Nico-Bratt work is if a Gusev-Hughes-Palmieri line can prove to be effective. Then you slide Sharangovich down the lineup. I don't think a Bratt-Zacha-Gusev line can work with our current roster. If we had one more really good winger then I'd be for it

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico Hischier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad