Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I like Rango but I also like black licorice and I’m a natural contrarian.
then shouldnt you be rooting for the Angels ? !!!
hey how about Rheingold instead of Rango
s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
Wouldn’t Ringo make more sense than Rango based on how his name is pronounced?

Personally I prefer Yegor or Shara anyway

Reactions: glenwo2

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Sharangovich needs to be protected as this is his 3rd year pro. Also, the kids aren't exempt from the expansion draft if they don't hit the games requirement - they can still be selected, but they just wouldn't count towards the requirement that 2 forwards with the minimum games played threshold be exposed. We'd need to find other players to meet that requirement, which could theoretically cause a team to have to expose a player they would have otherwise protected.

No need to resign Dell as Cormier already meets the goalie exposure requirement.

Taking on a cap dump is probably not a good idea unless there is a major sweetener to go along with it.

I see - KHL experience counts.

The sweetener would obviously be the only reason to do a cap dump. But I think my point is that if we're a playoff cusp team (which is really hard to fathom considering what this league is like) - and we are in the unenviable position of not knowing for sure that we are sellers - and you have so many other teams out there with cap hell - we could probably kill three birds with one stone: get a sweetener (draft pick/prospect), plus someone who could help immediately who wouldn't be a rental, plus get someone we could expose and qualifies to meet the requirement who's contract might be an impediment towards being picked but wouldn't at all hurt us to have around. With most of the guys above the contract is only 1 or two years, so it wouldn't hurt our cap for long and would be off the books by the time we need to sign our RFAs.

The weaponizing of our cap space in this way would also make us attractive to:
1. Winning teams trying to win a cup, and wanting to get rid of some somewhat deadwood to clear space for another move - plus we could send a Vatanan or Butcher back in return who might help out as 6th Dman.
2. Losing teams who are starting fresh but have cap hindrances and just want a contract off the books - say a suffering Oilers team or Chicago or the Sharks and will take back prospects in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad