Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
If anything i would try him with Jack Hughes and it would be Palmieri that is taken off that line, not Sharangovich.

Sharangovich - Hughes - Gusev
Johnsson - Zacha - Palmieri
Wood - Zajac - Boqvist
Kuokkanen - McLeod - Bastian

I would not break the first line and go something like this:

Sharangocivh- Hughes- Palmieri
Wood- Zajac- Gusev
Johnsson- Zacha- Boqvist
Kuokkanen- McLeod- Bastian

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
When Bratt returns:

Bratt-Hughes-Palmieri
Sharangovich-Zajac-Wood
Boqvist-Zacha-Gusev
Johnsson-McLeod-Bastian

When Nico returns:

Boqvist-Nico-Gusev
Bratt-Hughes-Palmieri
Sharangovich-Zajac-Wood
Johnsson-Zacha-McLeod/Bastian

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Meanwhile, I love beating the Rangers. It combines my two favorite things: the Devils winning and the Rangers losing!

But, this still seems like a mediocre team figuring themselves out. To me, the major changes are incredible goaltending from Mac, Hughes stepping up, and Wood playing well. The team still has trouble disrupting opposition possession, and - outside of Hughes - can't really sustain their own possession.

It was disheartening to see how easily the Rangers gained the blueline. Perhaps it's just a function of so many penalties. But, I don't see this performance working against the Isles.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Wood is playing is way into the conversation with Johnsson and Shara to fill out the top 6 once we have all of Nico Jack Bratt Palms and Goose on the ice. Right now Shara and Wood seem like the most likely players to fill out the top 6. Johnsson could easily turn a corner as well.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I'm surprised people want to breakup the Zajac line. Even when Hischier and Bratt are back I would keep it together and shift it in the 4th line billet if need be. We roll lines anyway, it wouldn't change much.

Johansson - Hughes - Palmieri
Bratt - Hischier - Gusev
Wood - Zajac - Boqvist
Sharangovich - Zacha/McLeod - Kuokkanen/Bastian

Reactions: Oneiro

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Right now I would swap Johnsson and Sharangovich. Hopefully Johnsson starts playing well.
I didn't think Sharangovich did a good job at all yesterday with a ton of open space. Outside the faceoff win (one reason to keep him there) it left a lot to be desired. He has to make better plays with the puck, his passing wasn't that good in the OZone. I have watched quite a few of Johnsson's games as a Leaf and he excels when he has open ice.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I didn't think Sharangovich did a good job at all yesterday with a ton of open space. Outside the faceoff win (one reason to keep him there) it left a lot to be desired. He has to make better plays with the puck, his passing wasn't that good in the OZone. I have watched quite a few of Johnsson's games as a Leaf and he excels when he has open ice.

Agreed. I'd try him with Zacha and Gusev and move Johnsson up with Hughes and Palmieri.

Reactions: R8Devs

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Zajac has really played well in the first 3 games. I figured he would be done - he does not appear to be yet.

Can't forget about Boqvist who while he doesn't have anything on the scoresheet, he's been making a lot of solid plays all over the ice to obtain or prolong possession.

Boqvist has played so well defensively that I'm not too upset with him not having any points yet. His defensive game is way ahead of where it was last year.

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
I think I am officially ready to give up on Zacha. Every time he touches the puck I find myself groaning, he has become a black hole of offense. We have given him multiple opportunities to raise his game, in great spots and he just wastes it every time. It's like he forgot where he came from like Jackie Jr. Totally different player in juniors, with a totally different mindset.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Shara looked kind of meh last game, but he is still putting up some points and playing aight. Might hit a bit of a brick wall I feel like, but he just needs to keep on moving and working hard like he did the first game and a half.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I think I am officially ready to give up on Zacha. Every time he touches the puck I find myself groaning, he has become a black hole of offense. We have given him multiple opportunities to raise his game, in great spots and he just wastes it every time. It's like he forgot where he came from like Jackie Jr. Totally different player in juniors, with a totally different mindset.
He is playing center when it's obvious he is a winger. I think the 4th line shuffle will have different combinations of the following if the full team is healthy.

Sharangovich-Zacha-Kuokkanen
Zacha-McLeod-Bastian

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
He is playing center when it's obvious he is a winger. I think the 4th line shuffle will have different combinations of the following if the full team is healthy.

Sharangovich-Zacha-Kuokkanen
Zacha-McLeod-Bastian

I really want him to use his shot more. It's his best asset and he just refuses to do so. He should be on the W on PP2, along the half wall. If he cant succeed there then he is just not an NHL player at this stage

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This is basically what we saw from Greene is last few years. Larsson, Severson, Vatanen - all somehow looked best with him. It would be nice if Murray was that guy now.

Don't forget Fayne...Some people actually believed Mark was a top pairing Dman from playing with Andy.

Reactions: Nubmer6

feerlessleadr

Jul 1, 2006
New Jersey
lol - you people are hopeless. Like I said, I hope the mob doesn't turn on you one day, because there will be no one left.

And of course the response from the predictables here is that pushing back against potentially defamatory statements CLEARLY MADE AS A RESULT OF POLITICAL STANCES HE HAS TAKEN RECENTLY means that I of course must be a racist as well.

Oh well, this is the world we live in now.

Reactions: MikeyFlynn

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
lol - you people are hopeless. Like I said, I hope the mob doesn't turn on you one day, because there will be no one left.

And of course the response from the predictables here is that pushing back against potentially defamatory statements CLEARLY MADE AS A RESULT OF POLITICAL STANCES HE HAS TAKEN RECENTLY means that I of course must be a racist as well.

Yes, you are the real victim.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

I can confidently say I have not, multiple times, been suspended from my job for racist remarks towards others or towards my co-workers....so yeah, I'm good thanks pumpkin!

Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey

Dont let the door hit you on the way out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad