Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Anyone think we could squeeze Tanner Pearson out of Vancouver for a decent price?
I am not sure what their forward depth charts look like . Id assume they prefer to move Virtanen before him . I am not trying to be a Richard , but why would we target Pearson specifically ? I see him as more of the same of what we have already with several prospects for less $$ that can turn into that type of player.
Id rather use assets on a D or top 6 winger. I dont see Pearson as a top 6 forward , or at least a top 6 worth going after.

Reactions: LeedsMonster

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
I am not sure what their forward depth charts look like . Id assume they prefer to move Virtanen before him . I am not trying to be a Richard , but why would we target Pearson specifically ? I see him as more of the same of what we have already with several prospects for less $$ that can turn into that type of player.
Id rather use assets on a D or top 6 winger. I dont see Pearson as a top 6 forward , or at least a top 6 worth going after.

Goal scorer with some size to put on Hischiers wing that could be cheap is my thinking. I believe he only has 1 year left on his deal, and I dont see any of our winger prospects being ready to make the impact that Pearson can this season.
Another player who intrigues me is Jesse Puljujarvi. Big body sniper that Edmonton might be ready to move on from, possibly for cheap. Something like Seney or McLeod and a 3ed or 4th? You could play him on the 3rd line, and give him some PP minutes.

Bratt- Hischier- Gusev
Johnsson- Hughes- Palmieri
Koukkanen- Zacha- Puljujarvi
Wood- Zajac- Merkley

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Goal scorer with some size to put on Hischiers wing that could be cheap is my thinking. I believe he only has 1 year left on his deal, and I dont see any of our winger prospects being ready to make the impact that Pearson can this season.
Another player who intrigues me is Jesse Puljujarvi. Big body sniper that Edmonton might be ready to move on from, possibly for cheap. Something like Seney or McLeod and a 3ed or 4th? You could play him on the 3rd line, and give him some PP minutes.

Bratt- Hischier- Gusev
Johnsson- Hughes- Palmieri
Koukkanen- Zacha- Puljujarvi
Wood- Zajac- Merkley
The Oilers are actually more desperate for cheap scoring wingers since they have a minimal amount and they have cap issues. The converted Nuge, Yamamoto, Neal, Kassian, the recently signed Tyler Ennis... it’s not a strong group. It would be a real boon if Pool Party could somehow work out for them on a cheap deal right now.

Their fans were vaguely interested in Zacha due to their lack of anything resembling a 3c and his 2.25m salary but they picked up Turris so they can be disappointed in him instead.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I thought Chris Taylor as a player was a mucker and that is what he basically was at the NHL level but he was one of the AHL's top scorers, then went over to Germany in his mid 30s and was the top scorer on his team all 3 years he was there. If you're going to hire coaches with NHL experience that's the sort of guy I'd want to hire.

Reactions: Oneiro and My3Sons

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
What about Duclair? On a one year deal , if he pans out then we have a better chance to resign him and he is only 25 or 26 years old .

I'm fairly lukewarm on Duclair, but I certainly wouldn't hate a small one or two year deal at all. Short term prove it deals (or vet deals) really aren't ever bad, even if they don't quite pan out fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad