Devils 2019-20 Preseason/Season team discussion (news and notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
I mean that and Pronman literally said they're only rated that high because of much he likes Hughes and Smith. He literally wrote that.

Lol so what? That’s why every single high ranked team is ranked high, because of their top players. Where will the rangers be next year when Fox, kakko, kratsov etc move on?

Reactions: HBK27

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I feel like these 'prospect ranking' exercises are derived from baseball where teams have farm systems with tiers - almost nobody jumps directly into MLB and most players, even stars, spend multiple years in the minors. That's not how things are in hockey - the AHL is largely for developing 3rd and 4th liners and back pairing D. There aren't many organizations that routinely graduate valuable players from the AHL and if they are it probably means that they are relying too much on veteran players on their NHL team.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Lol so what? That’s why every single high ranked team is ranked high, because of their top players. Where will the rangers be next year when Fox, kakko, kratsov etc move on?

That's not the point I was trying to make. Another poster was complaining about the list bc Hughes and Smith won't be "prospects" despite the author acknowledging that.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
That's not the point I was trying to make. Another poster was complaining about the list bc Hughes and Smith won't be "prospects" despite the author acknowledging that.

You can say that about all teams with top prospects ready to graduate. And they’re considered prospects until they reach the amount of games played in the NHL that no longer considers them prospects. Many of these kids will get 9 games or sent down during the season. Let’s just hope it isn’t any of our guys.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
You can say that about all teams with top prospects ready to graduate. And they’re considered prospects until they reach the amount of games played in the NHL that no longer considers them prospects. Many of these kids will get 9 games or sent down during the season. Let’s just hope it isn’t any of our guys.

I... know.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Isn't there any other jock jam on the planet we could use?

That really seems to be what the appeal is with RRP2 (more than just chanting "HEY YOU SUCK") it's a retro, sports, song.

Just change it to "Pump Up The Jam" or "Are You Ready For This" or something of the sort and end this damn goal song thing.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
On second thought, I hope some other fan base trolls us and loads the polls with some terrible song like Ricky Martins “She Bangs” just so our ownership can see that fan polls are a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad