Devils 2019-20 Preseason/Season team discussion (news and notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I think it’s all just a ploy to get more emails/Phone numbers to contact to sell tickets and the song has already been picked and approved by the higher ups in the FO.

LOL probably true but at this point in the game they already have every possible devil fan phone and email such a thing would make sense to do every like 5-10 years to get updated information. i haven't ever bought a package from the devils and i still get calls non stop you would think they determined that i am a dead end sales lead

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
If our ranking goes down because all of Hughes, Smith, and Boqvist successfully graduate, is that really a bad thing?
This is the thing with prospect rankings - the best ones are already in the NHL.

Cale Makar is widely considered the best defensive prospect in hockey and a surefire top-5 prospect. Yet he's two months older than Nico Hischier and has 146 fewer NHL games played.

In Steve Kourianous's NHL top-50 he did a few weeks ago, there were 12 players drafted the same year as Hischier and 6 players drafted the same year as Bratt. Also, his #7 prospect Kirill Kaprizov, was drafted all the way back in 2015, the Zacha draft. Imagine how much better our prospect pool would look if Nico, Bratt, Zacha, and Butcher were included.

So yeah, give me a core of young established NHL players over a cupboard of shiny prospects any day.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Nashville doesn't use R&R P2, but they do have a "You suck" included (with Tim McGraw and the Black Keys as the music).

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
It should be some late 90s techno or drum and bass madness. The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, etc.

That or something by Run The Jewels please

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Why not just use Jump Around and start it with the screechy sound effects and cut it so that part repeats on a loop. Alternatively, find out if the RRP2 proceeds go to fund that benefits the crime victims. If so, then it can be used.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
This is the thing with prospect rankings - the best ones are already in the NHL.

Cale Makar is widely considered the best defensive prospect in hockey and a surefire top-5 prospect. Yet he's two months older than Nico Hischier and has 146 fewer NHL games played.

In Steve Kourianous's NHL top-50 he did a few weeks ago, there were 12 players drafted the same year as Hischier and 6 players drafted the same year as Bratt. Also, his #7 prospect Kirill Kaprizov, was drafted all the way back in 2015, the Zacha draft. Imagine how much better our prospect pool would look if Nico, Bratt, Zacha, and Butcher were included.

So yeah, give me a core of young established NHL players over a cupboard of shiny prospects any day.

There is some truth to this, but most of the prospects on these lists are not 2017s (draft year) and 2016s are almost non-existent for exactly the reason you pointed out; the best prospects from these years should be in the NHL by now. Kaprizov is a special case because KHL contract stuff, but for the most part these lists are 2018s and 2019s, and given that only 4 2018s played a full year in the NHL, it's pretty representative. That's why we do so well with Smith and Hughes. If we had kept our 2nd round picks for those years (or if we had an extra first like Colorado), and had drafted well with those picks we would be in an even better position in these lists. But maybe we're better off as an organization having PK Subban.

That, to me is the real issue, people look at these lists and extrapolate them to "which team has the best future?"

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I thought the latest goal song was fine enough. Unique song from a NJ band that sounded goal-songish enough.

Just worried they're going to replace it with something horrendous.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
I like Zombie Nation. Wasn’t there a goal song in the last couple years at CAA that was a soccer song like ole?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
This is what Boston uses. Would be lame ripping off another team's song.

Good link here if you want to hear the goal songs for every team.

Feels like we missed an opportunity to use "Let me clear my throat".

haha i was kidding, zombie nation was a throwback

i honestly hate that song

Reactions: HBK27

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Laine would tremendously improve our team but I would rather spend assets on getting a solid d-man to improve the back end. I trust ray though

Reactions: HBK27

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

JFC. If the return is Severson and Bratt.

giphy.gif

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Laine would tremendously improve our team but I would rather spend assets on getting a solid d-man to improve the back end. I trust ray though

I guess? I don't know. Lanie is a bizarre player. Find me another example of a player with such a great shot (far and away the best in the league) and so bad at everything else? I honestly have no idea what to make of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad