Devils 2019-20 Preseason/Season team discussion (news and notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
When it comes to drafting, the GM takes a good chunk of the credit or blame, but not because they are scouting or necessarily making the decisions, but because they are responsible for hiring their team and managing them. If the GM puts the right people and systems in place and it works out, than it reflects really well on them. If they don't do that than it reflects really poorly on then. Shero doesn't have the same team in New Jersey that he did in Pittsburgh, and he may not even be managing things the same way.

Reactions: HBK27

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Last edited:
Reactions: Darkauron

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
amazing that the devils can have the 3rd best farm system when hughes and probably smith won't play on it. boqvist hasn't played in north america and won't play in the ahl this year. mcloed who at best was meh in albany last year and to be fair i had to google who misyul was.

"But after those two, the top of the system doesn’t resemble a lot of the best systems around the league. The Devils’ depth is quite good, but it’s a lot of players on the bubble. The Devils high ranking mostly comes down to how much I value Hughes and, to an extent, Smith."

We're probably like 25th without Hughes and Smith.

Reactions: mdj12784 and Billdo

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Nobody's going to get behind any song if they keep changing it every three or four years. If this one was a real fan vote RR2 obviously wins but it likely is still disqualified (despite new management since the change) so hopefully this goes better than the last 'fan vote' at least.

Might as well let the freaking players pick it at this point, couldn't be any worse than management's picks have been.

Reactions: glenwo2

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Here is the link:

Ugh. This is BS. Either grow some balls and go back to RR2 or just drop it already.

Atmosphere was so much better with RR2. It will easily win any fair fan voting. So stop offering this crap if you aren't going to sack up and run with RR2.

There are a dozen songs each night blared through arena and stadium speakers that were created by artists with awful/questionable pasts. Example: any MJ song.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
That’s my thing, there is zero chance RR2 wouldn’t be in the top 3. But it won’t be I’m sure and not because it wasn’t suggested the most.

But I’m interested to see what new options we have, I’ll also interested to see how long it takes our crowd to fit “You Suck” into it haha haha

Reactions: glenwo2

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
they should do this:

It would be annoying as hell to listen to repeatedly (even once), it's memorable, easy for fans to sing along to, and the band if from NJ. Thus the makings of a good goal song

The current one I don't really care about, RR2 is made by a pedo so I don't care for them to use that either so the change is fine for me. They should just let the players choose instead though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad