Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ess Tee Eff You EVERYBODY! HE'S COMING HERE DAMMIT!

- Oh shit! That's filitered?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah kidding aside I’m tired of this already. Just trade him and be done with it.
I was tired of it a couple months ago.

It's not the longest trade saga ever to stretch out, remember Bobby Ryan actually had this talk going on for 1.5 years (at least) and there were all kinds of deals for him that almost happened and he was even making tweets about how he wanted to go home (I'm guessing Philly) since Parise and all the cool kids were doing it haha.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There are no flights from any of Ottawa's four area airports to Teterboro today. About 7 commercial flights from Ottawa's main airport to Newark haha
I didn't think there were any to Teterboro, but if there were, speculation would really be out of control for anyone following Flight Aware or one of those websites.

In all actuality, I'm pretty sure teams don't ever use Teterboro when flying in Jersey/New York. They come into Newark or one of the NYC airports.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
just being relevant in the karlsson speculation alone is exciting.

we don't get too many moments of league-wide attention like this.
:laugh:

The Devils definitely arent getting "league-wide attention" here. It's literally 1 guy (Dregar), 1 tweet, with a "junior" contact (though DD is admittedly usually good).

The Senators board doesn't even have a single post mentioning the Devils is how non-seriously that fan-base is taking it. lol

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In before Lou swoops in and takes him to the island!:sarcasm:

If he does go to a West team though, it will probably be Dallas or San Jose, who have been the front runners, along with Tampa when they've mentioned team names.

Or then again, it might not be Dallas because they already ''Almost'' got him over two months ago and that might have fallen through.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
just took this photograph somewhere on the Canadian border guyssssss

HONPwr4.png

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I was tired of it a couple months ago.

It's not the longest trade saga ever to stretch out, remember Bobby Ryan actually had this talk going on for 1.5 years (at least) and there were all kinds of deals for him that almost happened and he was even making tweets about how he wanted to go home (I'm guessing Philly) since Parise and all the cool kids were doing it haha.

Back in the day the Post had Gomez on the block for like five straight years lol. Imagine if the 2003 trade deadline happened today with all the intrigue over the alleged Selanne trade and Burns trolling everyone by scratching Gomez and TiVo the night of the deadline.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If a deal really was imminent, why let him speak?

If anything, this suggests to me that Ottawa isnt that close to a deal.

Maybe tonight or tomorrow, but if something was very close to being in place already, they're not going to make him available for the dog-and-pony media garbage.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Back in the day the Post had Gomez on the block for like five straight years lol. Imagine if the 2003 trade deadline happened today with all the intrigue over the alleged Selanne trade and Burns trolling everyone by scratching Gomez and TiVo the night of the deadline.
Gomez definitely was a trade rumor for years, but not as widespread or as mainstream as the Karlsson saga, which is probably why he was never traded. I figure the 2003 deadline was the only time that Gomez was really ever legit close to being traded by us.

Vinny Lecavalier was a trade rumor for months and months and maybe even the entire season back in either 00-01 or 01-02 and we were supposed to inquiring about him and pushing heavily. I forget if it was just speculation by me and others that it was Arnott being offered or if this was actually leaked. Vinny wound up never going anywhere until he was bought out over a decade later and Arnott wound up going later that year for Nieuwendyk.

I remember reading Gomez for Datsyuk as a possibility once. Not sure if more fan speculation or legit. If it was true, we definitely wish we did that for a while!

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If a deal really was imminent, why let him speak?

If anything, this suggests to me that Ottawa isnt that close to a deal.

Maybe tonight or tomorrow, but if something was very close to being in place already, they're not going to make him available for the dog-and-pony media garbage.

Something being done tonight or tomorrow is still very close in my opinion. But for now its the first day of training camp and he's still their captain, he has to speak.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Pierre LeBrun just weighed in:

Dallas, San Jose and Vegas among the teams I believe who continued to have talks with Ottawa this week on Erik Karlsson... feels like something could go down today potentially. But we've said that before. Karlsson and Burns on the same team in San Jose would certainly be a sight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad