Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
who can we poach from sharks? Timo Meier? :sarcasm:

seriously though, do they even have good prospects?
Justin Braun! We really need a good defensive defenseman!:sarcasm:

Seriously though, Braun is even worse than Andy Greene. I badly want him off of the Sharks. I think he'd even suck as a bottom pairing guy. I remember people on the main board suggesting that the Sharks would be worse if they got Karlsson and Braun wasn't playing all those minutes.

Justin Braun is one of the worst defensemen in the league that plays a top-4 role.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
so sharks now have melker and erik karlsson
Hopefully not for long.

Melker Karlsson can f*** off to Zimbabwe.

Hopefully he's part of this deal.

Useless crap player, that's good for nothing but a few highlight reel goals every year, that make you wonder how the hell did he do that.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
This deal suggests the Sharks are not all that confident about re-signing Karlsson. Maybe they will, but they would have to make other moves besides - they don't really have the cap room beyond this year to keep the team together.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
This deal suggests the Sharks are not all that confident about re-signing Karlsson. Maybe they will, but they would have to make other moves besides - they don't really have the cap room beyond this year to keep the team together.

maybe, but when you can get him for those assets you worry about that later. im sure there are a lot of pieces they'd be ok parting with if it means re-signing him

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
maybe, but when you can get him for those assets you worry about that later. im sure there are a lot of pieces they'd be ok parting with if it means re-signing him

I agree that the Sharks made a great trade, but I'm just saying that they're at a much different point of their contention window than a lot of other teams - their window is closing fast, and this is the kind of thing that keeps it open another year.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
they can build for the next 7 years around kane, karlsson, meier and hertl. whether or not that's a succesful strategy i don't know but i expect their gm to have a more optimistic view of their window

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did we even get updates today? Like Schneider’s health, among other things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad