Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I saw the one goal he scored for us against Pittsburgh. A ripper from the top of the right circle.

He assisted on another goal that day too. A multipoint game for Bobby Butler, the only game that he registered points as a Devil.:laugh:

LOL Didn't Matt0eau also score his first ever goal that game?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
He assisted on another goal that day too. A multipoint game for Bobby Butler, the only game that he registered points as a Devil.:laugh:

LOL Didn't Matt0eau also score his first ever goal that game?

How could we ever forget that moment of glory? :sarcasm:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
New scoreboard would be sweet. At one time ours was the cream of the crop. Then technology took over and things got crazy!

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How could we ever forget that moment of glory? :sarcasm:

I'm trying to figure out what goal of his was easier. That one or the really soft goal scored on Neuvirth in 2015-2016. That one just found him in front of a helpless Fleury all alone, by total luck on a broken play. The other one was one of the softest goals I've seen in the last several seasons, at least from our team.

Didn't he have one other goal in the NHL? When he was called up briefly at the end of the 14-15 season? Or am I just thinking of a preseason game?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Most RFA's have been signed already. Anxiously waiting to see Severson's new contract.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
woah! your starting to sound like someone there? whoooooooooooooooo ever could that be? hmmmmmmmmm i dont know the name doesn't come to mind maybe you can tell me.

If you can't see the difference between TRADING three young, cost controlled assets for a DMan vs. signing a DMan in free agency for nothing but $$, I don't know what to tell you

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
If you can't see the difference between TRADING three young, cost controlled assets for a DMan vs. signing a DMan in free agency for nothing but $$, I don't know what to tell you

lol i'm not hung up on that. more so the "wait and see what we have" comment. you know like lets wait and see what we have before we commit 70 million to a player?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
It's still better than the use of "could of" which I see far, far too often.

I digress... I'm not sure I can think of anything to be "a whole lot more excited for" as it relates in-arena entertainment.

Let's not forget then vs. than as in, I'd rather have Nico then Nolan. :laugh:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
was there ever a end to this tweet?

She said she'd tell what it is sometime within the next week. Considering she's the Director of Hockey Communications and Content, it's probably something related to coverage of the team. Maybe Sherry or MacLean's replacements. Or the scoreboard people are talking about.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
She said she'd tell what it is sometime within the next week. Considering she's the Director of Hockey Communications and Content, it's probably something related to coverage of the team. Maybe Sherry or MacLean's replacements. Or the scoreboard people are talking about.

she said it wasnt the scoreboard, if i remember correctly

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just thought of something, and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it earlier.

What if Scott Stevens was the Johnny Mac replacement? He quit the Wild because he wanted to be back in Jersey with his family, he's already got a background in TV from working for NHL Network for a year. Why not him?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just thought of something, and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it earlier.

What if Scott Stevens was the Johnny Mac replacement? He quit the Wild because he wanted to be back in Jersey with his family, he's already got a background in TV from working for NHL Network for a year. Why not him?

You spelled Hynes wrong. :)

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You spelled Hynes wrong. :)

As a staunch non-believer of Hynes, I really think replacing Hynes with Stevens could be like replacing Hynes with another Hynes.

I feel like with Stevens, we would see an uptick in the usage of ''Dat physicality tho'' type defensemen. Dalton Prout screams that, out of guys on the projected roster. I'm not sure who the new Helgeson is in the AHL, since the real Helgeson was let go and THANK GOD of it! Even when Stevens was here in the past. It seemed when he left and we started that 14-15 season with DeBoer and no Stevens, Salvador's minutes dropped by 2 per game! He was always playing over 20 minutes when Stevens was running the D. We also seemed to have at least one of Helgeson or Fraser up at all times, upon Stevens return. If I remember correctly, Helgeson was sent back shortly after Stevens returned and Mark Fraser was called up and played over 30 games.

I'm not sure if Stevens is really a bad assistant, but I also don't think he's a great one either. I might not hate the idea if we experimented with replacing Nasreddine with him, if he's still out of coaching work when we replace Nasreddine. I also wouldn't be too psyched about it. I'd rather have him as a special assignment coach or like a Ryane Clowe type assistant, where he doesn't really control the D pairings and how many minutes they receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad