Prospect Info: Development camp & Roster released

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
1. Rielly
2. Finn
3. Leivo
4. Colborne
5. Gauthier

6. Percy
7. D'Amigo
8. Ashton
9. McKegg
10. Granberg

11. Biggs
12. Rupert
13. Brown
14. Blacker
15. Holzer

16. Sparks
17. Broll
18. Nilsson
19. Ross
20. Camaranesi / Herzog

My first shot at a ranking for this year.

You missed Dominic Toninato. It will be interesting to see what he does his first year out of high school but I would put him in the 6-10 group based on what I've seen of him.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
No worries friend, I think I'll be in attendance tomorrow as well. I'd be very happy if Granberg got a look. I feel as though he can be a player who forces his way onto the opening night roster.

I believe Rielly has all but made the team. The kid is unbelievable to watch. I know I've been gawking over him but I have never seen him live before today.

He was physical, good positionally, and when he decided he wanted the puck he got it. He and Gardiner also look near identical rushing the puck up the ice, except Morgan is a way better passer. So excited about this kid... :)

I have had the pleasure of watching Morgan play for two years up close and an additional 3 years in Moosejaw.....I was so excited that we drafted him.....I told him that he was going to be a Leaf..once you watch this young man play you understand just what a talent he is. He controls the pace of the game.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You missed Dominic Toninato. It will be interesting to see what he does his first year out of high school but I would put him in the 6-10 group based on what I've seen of him.

I haven't seen much of him, but I didn't miss him. I just don't put much stock in good-but-not great USHL players, especially ones without standout speed or size.

Sudsy62

Jan 11, 2011
coming soon.

Verhaegue was a standout at today's scrimmage. Incredible hockey sense and soft hands. WOW! 3 goals (one was short handed and the other a shootout goal). He is only going to get stronger and better. Nice draft choice!

SteveV*

Verhaegue was a standout at today's scrimmage. Incredible hockey sense and soft hands. WOW! 3 goals (one was short handed and the other a shootout goal). He is only going to get stronger and better. Nice draft choice!

That's great because Loiselle was singing his praises before today.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

That's great because Loiselle was singing his praises before today.

Carter Verhaeghe will have the most misspelled name in this forum for quite sometime.

MetalJamesK

Jun 27, 2011
Caledon, Ont
I was in attendance during the scrimmage today and will have some vids up shortly.

From what I have seen the standouts one the ice this morning where obviously Morgan Rielly, Matt Bellerive, Kevin Goumas, Josh Leivo, Kevin Raine and Tyler Biggs. Just as advertised Stuart Percy is not flashy but he shows good poise and calmness with the puck, really doesn't make many mistakes.

Morgan Rielly was typical Morgan Rielly. Quick out of his own end, sharp crisp passes and just controls the game when he possesses the puck.

Matt Bellerive I really didn't know anything about but he stood out to me the way he is able to slow down almost every time he entered the offensive zone, stick handle the puck then find someone for a scoring chance. Great skater, great hands and seems like a smart player.

Kevin Goumas is very flashy as well as a very good skater.

Kevin Raine was throwing his weight around and was always in position. Guys where having problems every time he was around them.

I have never seen Tyler Biggs play in person. When watching him play I noticed he had good speed for a guy his size. He was not really noticed the first 10 min or so but toward the end of the first period and all 2nd period he was skating well, hitting hard, and getting into the dirty areas. There was one simple pass he should have completed coming out of his zone but it did not result into a scoring chance against him.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Verhaeghe's interview at mapleleafs.com is hilarious. He looks so stunned by everything.

Just watched that and instantly gave him a follow on twitter :laugh:
Kessel might have a contender for best interviewer on the Leafs sooner or later!

Love watching the Jim Hughes interviews every day so far. Tons of insight on prospect we barely hear from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad