Waived: [DET] G Ville Husso waived by the Red Wings (cleared)

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Wow. That is a terrible take. Watch more than highlights. Binnington has been the bright spot on the team for the past two season. Easily the reason we didn’t pick in the top 5 for the past two years.

I watch more than highlights. My point still stands.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
This is all great but I don’t see how it changes the end result that he ended up with a shitty contract.
what are gms supposed to be able to predict the future and know if players will get injured , or perform as well in a different system and with different player talents ? your talking non sense , EVERY GM SINCE DAY ONE ENDS UP WITH BAD CONTRACTS . and many times gms are forced to give out a bad contract because its the best option avaliable to them to improve team . you think you know what your talking about but you dont

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Blown out of the water? Benning made several good moves as a GM, his trade for JT trump's any trade Stevie made. Drafting is similar between the two with Benning ahead since his picks were part of a core that won the pacific but things could change.

You also left out a bunch of other pieces like Garland an a bunch of contract dumps and retention.

You purposely being misleading hardly blew anything out of the water, except maybe some credibility lol
Drafting is the same? :laugh:

Juolevi and Virtanen…

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
what are gms supposed to be able to predict the future and know if players will get injured , or perform as well in a different system and with different player talents ? your talking non sense , EVERY GM SINCE DAY ONE ENDS UP WITH BAD CONTRACTS . and many times gms are forced to give out a bad contract because its the best option avaliable to them to improve team . you think you know what your talking about but you dont
?
Yes, that's what seperates the good GMs from the bad GMs. Bad GMs sign bad contracts based on poor assessments of their team and of the player in question.

It's simply not true that every GM ends up with bad contracts.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Valtteri Filppula played the 7th most games in NHL history for a player from Finland and was drafted by the Wings. They don't draft a ton over the years, that seems to have more to do with how the board is aligning at times though.
Until the Golden Knights joined the league, no team had drafted as few Finns as the red wings. Not on average, all time.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
?
Yes, that's what seperates the good GMs from the bad GMs. Bad GMs sign bad contracts based on poor assessments of their team and of the player in question.

It's simply not true that every GM ends up with bad contracts.
Sakic is viewed as great and has geogiev at $3.4m as a terrible goalie

Every GM signs bad contracts at some point

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Sakic is viewed as great and has geogiev at $3.4m as a terrible goalie

Every GM signs bad contracts at some point
This is the last year at a $3.4m cap hit, and Georgiev was great for COL in his first year and passable last year, whereas Husso hasn't posted a single season above .900 in DET with a cap hit at $4.75m.

This was also Sakic's last contract on his way out to make way for Chris Macfarland, whom I imagine had more to do with the signing than Sakic.

I also really doubt COL fans feel really hamstrung by the contract; they are more bothered by MacFarland's lack of action regarding their defense and goaltending.

So, I'm sure you could come up with a better example. In this case, it just makes Sakic's tenure look that much better if this is a "bad" contract of his.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
This is the last year at a $3.4m cap hit, and Georgiev was great for COL in his first year and passable last year, whereas Husso hasn't posted a single season above .900 in DET with a cap hit at $4.75m.

This was also Sakic's last contract on his way out to make way for Chris Macfarland, whom I imagine had more to do with the signing than Sakic.

I also really doubt COL fans feel really hamstrung by the contract; they are more bothered by MacFarland's lack of action regarding their defense and goaltending.

So, I'm sure you could come up with a better example. In this case, it just makes Sakic's tenure look that much better if this is a "bad" contract of his.

Sakic signed Brad Stuart to $3.6 per who only played a handful of games. That is worse than Yzerman's Justin Holl signing. Francois Beauchemin at 13.5 million was a flop. Past his prime Jarome Iginla was a terrible signing.

Sakic had his fair share of warts.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sakic signed Brad Stuart to $3.6 per who only played a handful of games. That is worse than Yzerman's Justin Holl signing. Francois Beauchemin at 13.5 million was a flop. Past his prime Jarome Iginla was a terrible signing.

Sakic had his fair share of warts.
Sakic’s club won a Cup. Yzerman’s club no Cup. Sakic wins. In management Sakic is way ahead.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
This is Husso treat, but here we go. Yzerman biggest success was getting Seider, Sakic MacKinnon. Seider was drafted six , MacKinnon first. Avs have a lot of #1 and #2 picks. Raymond was highest pick at 4.
Both teams defence is a biggest weaknesses. It's not Georgiev or Husso bad , it's defense

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

This is Husso last year as well.

Apparently a .897 on a stacked Colorado team is passable but .896 and .892 (while injured) on a much worse Wings team is some roster shattering poor play :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad