Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] D Justin Holl signs with the Red Wings (3 years, $3.4M AAV)

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
One of the happiest days as a leaf fan. Never wanted a player gone so bad. Him kerfoot the 2 most pathetic players I’ve seen in years. Sorry Detroit
Kerfoot was kind of just there most of the time imo.

Holl was a legitimately large negative impact because of how overplayed he was.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I don't like it... But bad contracts for defense don't really mean shit in Detroit considering they're building it entirely on prospects.

Detroit just looking for plugs while their prospects develop.

You can get "plugs" for like $775k on a one year.

If Holland signed this contract as Detroit GM, he'd be getting absolutely roasted right now.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Johnson signed in Buffalo.

I know. So why not get him (before he signed), or Dumoulin, Graves, Hamonic, etc. There's no need to pay Holl 3.4 mil and give him 3 years for something you could do for much cheaper.

I'm just saying if the guy who signed this contract was Ken Holland, Detroit fans would be all over him. Stevie Y is untouchable though.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Detroit has a bunch of young LHD coming into the league the next two years. Holl could be a good guy for these kids to pair with while adapting to the league

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Aight I am convinced Stevie Y didn't build the bolts.

Who was the bolts' secret builder?
He had trash kine Corburn and Sutr for years when they needed to improve their bottom pairs. They were big blunders in the playoffs like Holl was for the Leafs too

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
The Wings make this move to hit the cap floor and finish out the roster. It's not a serious NHL move. Yzerman is going for an outright tank next year.

I don't understand what this ownership and management group is doing. Last year was the year to tank. Why do you sign Larkin to an 8 year deal and then immediately trade his best friend on the team and proceed to tank your draft, your offseason, and the next season.

This isn't Yzerman, this is ownership finally saying "yeah, we're a cap floor team, and as long as I make money off revenue sharing I'm fine with it".

• Haha
Reactions: MagicMann13

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
I was literally just thinking about how today might be the most tempered, level headed opening day in forever, then boom ....

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Avoids body contact, soft stick checker, Schenn would of been perfect for this young Red Wings team, Yzerplan not going well.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I know. So why not get him (before he signed), or Dumoulin, Graves, Hamonic, etc. There's no need to pay Holl 3.4 mil and give him 3 years for something you could do for much cheaper.

I'm just saying if the guy who signed this contract was Ken Holland, Detroit fans would be all over him. Stevie Y is untouchable though.
Presumably Johnson is a human being who can choose where he signs and not just automatically go to Detroit if they want him. Might need to outbid Buffalo. He's also older.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Yikes. Wings rebuild has really gone off the rails last couple years. Condolences to wings fans.

TJHaskell1988

Jun 28, 2017
Does he hit? Is he mean? That's what Detroit needs is toughness.
He will throw a hit here and there, but he consistently gets out muscled in front of the net. That and he got beat up by Ryan Nugent Hopkins.. no toughness I'm afraid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad