Former Bruins Derek Forbort

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Sure, but the point being made is Gorton used that pick to improve his team by moving up to select Miller as well as using Spooner in the deal to get Strome, strapped beside Panarin or not he improved the Rangers. They both helped immensely as well as Lindgren and Sweeney and the Bruins have zilch, nothing to show for it.
They have an Eastern Conference championship and a President's Trophy. Sure, it's not the ultimate goal but I'd argue it's the Rangers who have nothing.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
They have an Eastern Conference championship and a President's Trophy. Sure, it's not the ultimate goal but I'd argue it's the Rangers who have nothing.
Not from the Rick Nash year they don't. I seem to remember Tampa beating us very clearly. It was a horrible trade for the corpse of an overrated player, who predictably got concussed.

Reactions: Baddkarma and TCB

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Not from the Rick Nash year they don't. I seem to remember Tampa beating us very clearly. It was a horrible trade for the corpse of an overrated player, who predictably got concussed.
Can you use your crystal ball to tell me what players will be concussed imminently? I have a fantasy playoff draft on Sunday.

Reactions: TD Charlie

False Start

May 8, 2018

I want to leave this here.

Dumb, 17 minutes in the game and he pulls this nonsense.

Get this guy off the team. Waste of size, waste of a spot, waste of money.

He had the nerve of starting a fight as the third period ended. Way to get your money's worth.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

I want to leave this here.

Dumb, 17 minutes in the game and he pulls this nonsense.

Get this guy off the team. Waste of size, waste of a spot, waste of money.

He had the nerve of starting a fight as the third period ended. Way to get your money's worth.

There’s no doubt that was a really stupid penalty.

But Forbort is playing the exact role he was expected to play and in my opinion, is doing it well. He is the least of my concerns.

False Start

May 8, 2018
There’s no doubt that was a really stupid penalty.

But Forbort is playing the exact role he was expected to play and in my opinion, is doing it well. He is the least of my concerns.

He was the direct cause of not one but two 5 on 3's.

If his only role is to be a penalty killer, what good is it when he's spending 8 minutes in the box?

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Derek Forbort sucks, you want to talk about inexcusable softness. Sweeny's plan to replace Killer was this Bum?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Penalties happen my guy, can't be perfect every game

Yeah the guy had a bad night, obviously amplified by it being game 2 of the playoffs, but the guys hasn't really had a penalty problem during the year only drawing 24 minors in 76 games, despite being one of our more physical players, and being asked to be a defensive defenseman.

He has a clear role on this team and was pretty good at it, if you tell me you can fill his role for less money and with a better player, sure I'm fine with that. But honestly I think you would be very hard pressed to do that.

You can't move a Forbort out and replace him with a Jack Ahcan for example.

Reactions: BMC and NDiesel

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Haven’t watched game 2 yet but game 1 was very good

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Maybe not clever but insightful, yes
I didn't realize all HFBoards posts needed to be listed in a Harvard Philosophy text book.

Here's my insight: Derek Forbort logically was signed to fill the hole left by Kevan Millar, a hole that mind you is still is unfilled. he was sold as a great PKer who could play steady minutes and even fill in on the top pair as needed, would muck it up, block shots and clear the net. Gritty, physical (never sold as a fighter but doesn't need to be), and hopefully play good minutes.

What I've seen: he's the only Dman on the team that dragged McAvoy's numbers down, plays passive in front of the net, passive in the corners, doesn't seem to be involved in scrums (grabs a guy and hugs it out), just frankly doesn't seem to want to be here, like does the guy smile when his teammates score? He blocks shots on the PK, which great and has a good stick a majority of the time I guess but never seems to actually clear the puck. 3 million for 3 years and Modified No Trade Clauses in year 1 and 2 (IIRC). Thats your Kevan Miller replacement.

Mike Reilly will actually hold value in the trade market even at 2x3 remaining this summer, Derek Forbort at 2x3 is Negative value,

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I didn't realize all HFBoards posts needed to be listed in a Harvard Philosophy text book.
Nobody said they had to be.

One of Reilly and Forbort was in the lineup to start the playoffs and it wasn’t the guy you think has positive value

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Nobody said they had to be.

One of Reilly and Forbort was in the lineup to start the playoffs and it wasn’t the guy you think has positive value
I said he has positive trade value, which means another team may find him worth it for a 3/4th rounder, not positive value to THIS team... Big difference

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I said he has positive trade value, which means another team may find him worth it for a 3/4th rounder, not positive value to THIS team... Big difference

I think they both have similar value (not a lot)

They play the same side and one slotted in. That should tell you how they’re valued. Forbort has been a guy that’s played top pairing minutes in the playoffs on another team that made it to the 2nd round before. He’s got value around the league. Not a lot of it, but it’s not a major gap from Reilly like you seem to believe

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

Here's my insight: Derek Forbort logically was signed to fill the hole left by Kevan Millar, a hole that mind you is still is unfilled. he was sold as a great PKer who could play steady minutes and even fill in on the top pair as needed, would muck it up, block shots and clear the net. Gritty, physical (never sold as a fighter but doesn't need to be), and hopefully play good minutes.

What I've seen: he's the only Dman on the team that dragged McAvoy's numbers down, plays passive in front of the net, passive in the corners, doesn't seem to be involved in scrums (grabs a guy and hugs it out), just frankly doesn't seem to want to be here, like does the guy smile when his teammates score? He blocks shots on the PK, which great and has a good stick a majority of the time I guess but never seems to actually clear the puck. 3 million for 3 years and Modified No Trade Clauses in year 1 and 2 (IIRC). Thats your Kevan Miller replacement.

Mike Reilly will actually hold value in the trade market even at 2x3 remaining this summer, Derek Forbort at 2x3 is Negative value,
He was meant to replace Lauzon not Killer.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad