Former Bruins Derek Forbort

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Forbort is great for what he is.

We look like a very good team playing with the lead because of guys like him.

• Love
Reactions: Ladyfan

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Forbsy is walking his dogs right now, and he has that particular, distinctive look on his face, that look he always has, solemn, placid... but under the surface, something is ready to overflow. Some might say that look is akin to a kind of Sling Blade gaze; it is a plain, dull look that might mark one as simple. But he isn't simple. Playoff Forbsy baby bring it home let's f***ing go. I'm scaring my own dog getting all fired up

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Because he’s a huge animal lover my view is probably a bit twisted but as a third pair and PK he’s pretty damn good

We guys have those 4 seats on aisle row 2 behind net which is prime for watching Bruins D and he’s been overall a very good signing

I didn’t like it - my two I had were Ullsy & Haula (yah I know great call) but I’m going to Coffee Time in Salem and see if that have a Crow filled Bismarck

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Because he’s a huge animal lover my view is probably a bit twisted but as a third pair and PK he’s pretty damn good

We guys have those 4 seats on aisle row 2 behind net which is prime for watching Bruins D and he’s been overall a very good signing

I didn’t like it - my two I had were Ullsy & Haula (yah I know great call) but I’m going to Coffee Time in Salem and see if that have a Crow filled Bismarck

Did they keep showing you last night? Old white Bruins sweater? White Turtleneck?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Not so sure the outcome in game 3 would have been the same had 28 not been an utter and complete stud. Seemed like he stopped about as many shots as Swayman.

If you expect Forbort to replicate that type of shot blocking you also better be prepared to seeing him out of the lineup wearing a cast on part of his body very shortly.

Complete kudos to having brass balls to block shots like that but he won't last much longer doing it so Boston needs to cut down on going to the box.

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t want to hear about how this guy is soft ever again. Talk about sacrificing the body. He was the best player on the ice last night.

Ppl forgot he was getting huge minutes in the playoffs when he was in the Peg. Now that’s also a reflection on their D but they won a round against McDavid with him playing shutdown minutes

Also he loves dogs. Always will get an extra point for that from this guy

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I don’t want to hear about how this guy is soft ever again. Talk about sacrificing the body. He was the best player on the ice last night.

Ppl forgot he was getting huge minutes in the playoffs when he was in the Peg. Now that’s also a reflection on their D but they won a round against McDavid with him playing shutdown minutes

Also he loves dogs. Always will get an extra point for that from this guy
We don't get to appreciate his style of play in the regular season because there's no possible way he can play as hard as he did tonight and survive 82 games.

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
dudes a beast. Been saying it since they signed him. Great add. Exactly what mcavoy needs to get more o zone starts and his game translates well to playoff hockey

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If the Bruins were doing that old jacket or lock thing they did after playoff wins in 2011 and 2013, it would absolutely have gone to Forbort last night

Reactions: Alicat and BMC

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Overall he's been pretty good, which is nice to see. Strong G1, undisciplined G2, but then a shot blocking monster in G3. He still fumbles breakouts and turns the puck over, which reminds me a bit of Chara near the end. Even on the PK, where he's at his best, he'll block a shot, win a battle, then whiff on the clear, then have to block another shot, win another battle and try again.

Statistically, the numbers aren't that favorable, he's the only player on the team who has allowed more shots than he's helped create, (Haula is the next lowest, fwiw, and he's 50/50.) but in Forbort's defense, he leads the team in Dzone starts and doesn't get to play with the top lines.

Reactions: RoccoF14 and bob77

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Overall he's been pretty good, which is nice to see. Strong G1, undisciplined G2, but then a shot blocking monster in G3. He still fumbles breakouts and turns the puck over, which reminds me a bit of Chara near the end. Even on the PK, where he's at his best, he'll block a shot, win a battle, then whiff on the clear, then have to block another shot, win another battle and try again.

Statistically, the numbers aren't that favorable, he's the only player on the team who has allowed more shots than he's helped create, (Haula is the next lowest, fwiw, and he's 50/50.) but in Forbort's defense, he leads the team in Dzone starts and doesn't get to play with the top lines.
Somebody has to have these starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad