Former Bruins Derek Forbort

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
When he is shooting it, it reminds me of Ward. Just drives in like he's in slo-mo, with no-one expecting him to take the shot, but can place them pretty well given the chance. Just unsuspecting and it will be good for the other teams to be forced to cover him as opposed to just double the guy low.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
-"Houston, I repeat abort abort,
we have a goal scorer"
-"who?"
-"Forbort Forbort"

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The guy's career suggests he will get 1 or 2 goals a season and assists in the teens. His shooting pct until this year is awful. Yet, this season he has already doubled his career high in goals and is shooting close to 24 percent. Most of the time I would attribute that kind of anomaly to dumb luck, but a couple of his goals have been darn impressive snipes below the bar. Maybe it is luck, maybe it isn't. Whatever the case, I hope he keeps seizing the chance to go deep into the zone when he gets the chance and keeps shooting the puck. Pretty cool that he's giving the Bs some unanticipated scoring from that position.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
something tells me he`s not a massive fan of post game interviews, seems like a guy who could name 100 places he`d rather be but playing a nice, sound game and contributing offensively which is a welcome surprise

I think he's a very smart man and he knows his limitations and he realizes, that all of a sudden he hasn't turned into and offensive domino.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think he's a very smart man and he knows his limitations and he realizes, that all of a sudden he hasn't turned into and offensive domino.
agreed, he takes a few wacks from fans here but it`s not his fault Butch has him playing up in the lineup in a spot he`s not as well suited for if this team had a bit more skill on the back end but he`s responded well. He uses that big reach really well, eliminates a ton of opponent chances with that reach much like Z did and no fans, not comparing him to Z, just how they both used that reach to their advantage

Reactions: CDJ

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
something tells me he`s not a massive fan of post game interviews, seems like a guy who could name 100 places he`d rather be but playing a nice, sound game and contributing offensively which is a welcome surprise
I can’t imagine those interviews are fun. Bunch of writers picking your brain after a game so they can make a headline. Probably annoying.

Reactions: TCB

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
3ADAF308-0647-4F41-BE65-05C6B4015583.jpeg

FORBES

Reactions: FabulousLysell

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Yep it took him a while to get use to the system. He looks very comfortable. Even his skating looks better.

FabulousLysell

Aug 20, 2020
Sweeney knew what he was doing when he signed Forbort. He addresses a need that the Bruins lacked last year with Chara’s departure. Perfect complimentary piece alongside Carlo on the PK. $3M and he’s been worth every penny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad