Former Bruins Derek Forbort

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Nah, I think everyone wants him to be good, but he's not. But I am actively rooting for the front office to stop thinking they're the smartest guys in every room they walk into.
Yeh agree EVERYONE wants him to be good :laugh: yup all the people here are so behind him

how are you ‘actively’ rooting for for front office to stop thinking they are so smart ?

supplications and offerings to the hockey gods?

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeh agree EVERYONE wants him to be good :laugh: yup all the people here are so behind him

how are you ‘actively’ rooting for for front office to stop thinking they are so smart ?

supplications and offerings to the hockey gods?

It's special mix of voodoo, Santeria, and some ancient Celtic mumbo jumbo thrown in. So far it hasn't worked, but I'm still hopeful...

FabulousLysell

Aug 20, 2020
Just give him the Norris already.

Honestly though he responded well to the criticism. I think there's going to be a lot of times where we find ourselves frustrated but that's not on him, it's on management for expecting him to fill a role that he simply is unable to do consistently.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Honestly though he responded well to the criticism. I think there's going to be a lot of times where we find ourselves frustrated but that's not on him, it's on management for expecting him to fill a role that he simply is unable to do consistently.

This is in a nutshell. It's not on him for taking the deal and the minutes they play him. It's on the organization for believing he could slot up to a role he's simply not suited for. They did the same thing for the second line this year. The third line 2 years ago, and on and on and on.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I think everyone here needs to apologize to Third Star of the Game Derek Forbort!

Yeah because of one game :laugh: I still stand with it. If you want your team to be a contender, giving Derek Forbort a roster spot or even this kind of a contract is just wrong. If you are happy with mediocority he is your guy and I would be happy about him being a third star in game against the Ottawa Senators they barely won.

Reactions: Don Cherry

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

and a coach who forces him into the top 2 role from time to time

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Maybe its because I live in Toronto, but every time I see him on the ice he reminds me of Muzzin. lol - just less offense.

He'll have many more ups and downs...but he's still an important part of our PK and can still be a very effective Top 4 dman.

Reactions: FREDERIC82FAN

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
and a coach who forces him into the top 2 role from time to time

I dont see how Cassidy forces him. Its probably more about managment thinking he can fill this role. Sweeney gave Cassidy Moore, Forbort, Gryz, Reilly to play on the left side defence. One of them has to play on the top or second pairing yet they are still all top six defensemen. If anything managment forces Cassidy to put players into roles they dont fit because there is no one better who can fill in.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Yeah because of one game :laugh: I still stand with it. If you want your team to be a contender, giving Derek Forbort a roster spot or even this kind of a contract is just wrong. If you are happy with mediocority he is your guy and I would be happy about him being a third star in game against the Ottawa Senators they barely won.

Not gonna lie, Forbort was a reach for Sweeney and a gamble at that contract.
He can play large minutes, which is what they wanted. He has size, which is what they wanted.
But his effectiveness at his position is questionable in his career so far. For a bottom pairing guy he is a great add.
But for a top pair? Smells to me of "we lost our trade targets due to the high cost to acquire and now have to patch holes with anyone"

I wish him well. Lots of minor players have resurgences here in Boston and go on to get good contracts after. Would love to see that with Forbort
and Reilly. Unlike most here though, I think it will happen. But don't think it will be overnight.

I'll be concerned about where the team is at in Feb. October had barely any games, Nov is playing catch-up. Now we are heading into the traditional Fall/Winter injury pileup
the team hits each year. Will be a great chance to see what the kids got. But we wont know what we have until the TDL.

Reactions: FabulousLysell

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Well, that's the difference between a 3M defenseman vs what you would pay for 6M defenseman.

Thing is we have 4 3M defenseman. Quantity, not quality.

We want consistency, we need to aim higher.

Like you said, some nights he (and the rest of the LD) are going to work out. At the end of the season, we'll know if that strategy works out or not.

Reactions: FabulousLysell

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1