Derek Dorsett

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

arsmaster*

Maybe Vancouvers wants to avoid having most of their star players chronically injured all the time...

Not sayin... Just sayin...

We had tons of fights in 13-14. Didn't stop Danny or Hank from getting injured. What a hilarious stance.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
I said fighters are pointless

Not physicality.

If we are talking about policemen is Dorsett really going to keep the Sedins "save"? Or does Kassian play with the Sedins keep them more "save"?

It's what Don Cherry said "When Bieksa is on the ice with the Sedins they grow 2 inches". When Bieksa was good (I still think he's decent) this was completely true. He's a physical force that polices the other teams top players by not being afraid to fight them. Dorsett, however, isn't good enough to play in the top 9. So his "policing" is basically limited to the 4th line.

This is why I value a player like Kassian so highly while not valuing Dorsett at all.

Zack Kassian wasn't physical, didn't fight and didn't go to the tough areas where you can lay a licking in defenders.

arsmaster*

As long as someone doesn't Hanzal our team again without repercussion.. All's good.

Dorsett doesn't deter that. Sorry.

Nor does Dorsett fighting Crombeen or whoever their "tough guy" after the fact either.

These comments can't be real life.

Dorsett fighting while the team is getting chirped doesn't stop nothing. The other team laughs that a guy who doesn't really win fights drops the gloves.

Look at John Scott's face when he fought Dorsett last year. It looked like he felt bad and fought him out of charity. It was sad.

arsmaster*

Zack Kassian wasn't physical, didn't fight and didn't go to the tough areas where you can lay a licking in defenders.

Zack kassian fought Patrick Maroon in dorsett's defense.

Kassian didn't need to fight. He was a deterrent without even dropping his mitts.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Dorsett doesn't deter that. Sorry.

Nor does Dorsett fighting Crombeen or whoever their "tough guy" after the fact either.

These comments can't be real life.

Dorsett fighting while the team is getting chirped doesn't stop nothing. The other team laughs that a guy who doesn't really win fights drops the gloves.

Look at John Scott's face when he fought Dorsett last year. It looked like he felt bad and fought him out of charity. It was sad.

Dorset is a guy that will take on any mother ****er on the other team no matter the size and if you don't get why that's important in the game of hockey that's cool, but you shouldn't belittle the people that think differently, aka 95% of the NHL and players

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Zack kassian fought Patrick Maroon in dorsett's defense.

Kassian didn't need to fight. He was a deterrent without even dropping his mitts.

Yea, Same Gagner's jaw is still deterred from Kassian's stupid attempt at what he called a hit. Guy wasn't physical not intimidating and his mitts were glued on.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Dorset is a guy that will take on any mother ****er on the other team no matter the size
He got in over his head causing Hamhuis to come to his defense - which almost led Hamhuis getting a game suspension in the midst of the playoff series against the Flames. Sbisa was too busy "scrumming".

arsmaster*

Dorset is a guy that will take on any mother ****er on the other team no matter the size and if you don't get why that's important in the game of hockey that's cool, but you shouldn't belittle the people that think differently, aka 95% of the NHL and players

Who am I belittling?

You're overrating the hell out of it.

Rick Rypien beating the **** out of a guy that's 50lbs heavier is Something. Dorsett looking like a 10 year old swinging at a big guy or gripping on for dear life is not the same.

But fair enough.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
He got in over his head causing Hamhuis to come to his defense - which almost led Hamhuis getting a game suspension in the midst of the playoff series against the Flames. Sbisa was too busy "scrumming".

Wait? A teammate came to another's defence? Wild. Tell me more!! This never occurs in the game of North American hockey

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010

yeah and he always gets beat up when he does take on someone bigger. that's why hamhuis has to come save his ass in the playoffs and why Benning have to trade Kassian and a 5th to get Prust. Now we got combine 5 mil in cap to do something that one 900,000k AHL tough guy can do.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Who am I belittling?

You're overrating the hell out of it.

Rick Rypien beating the **** out of a guy that's 50lbs heavier is Something. Dorsett looking like a 10 year old swinging at a big guy or gripping on for dear life is not the same.

But fair enough.

Yea I liked Rypien a lot but I can't imagine what the Corsi Watchers would have said about him if he were playing today.

arsmaster*

Sbisa had the Vulcan death grip on the guy he was squared off with. Like white knuckle stuff. What a imposing beast.

arsmaster*

Wait? A teammate came to another's defence? Wild. Tell me more!! This never occurs in the game of North American hockey

Like when Dorsett ducked Maroon and kassian stepped in?

I'm done. Sorry. I don't even know why I bother.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
So your argument is Sbisa should have came off the bench since he wasn't on the ice at the time, or Hamhuis should have ignored that a teammate needed help or?
Try re-watching the video. Sbisa WAS on the ice.

Hamhuis shouldn't have been put into a position to make that decison.

arsmaster*

Try re-watching the video. Sbisa WAS on the ice.

Hamhuis shouldn't have been put into a position to make that decison.

You'd hope your tough guy could Fight his own battles eh.

Like isn't the whole point of Dorsett thst he would be able to handle himself?

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
It was pathetic and asking to go out and get Prust for help and thanking the GM is incredibly embarrassing.

To be fair Benning was the one that said he was going to get Dorsett help. Then he texted DD first after the Prust trade. Benning is the one playing up the whole fighting angle. If I was the GM I'd tell Dorsett to take it easy in the fighting department and just focus on playing. 5-6 fights a year is enough. Most of them are staged BS anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad