LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
And you're cool with being accused of being a boomer when you know that you aren't?

Well, I know you are. You said thank you numerous times.

I may not be a boomer but I'm certainly old enough not to care if someone calls me a boomer.

There were a few articles written in early May about Snoop being interested in buying the Sens.

It was a little joke about someone forgetting the extra G in his name and it's been completely blown out of proportion.

Carry on everyone!

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
And you're cool with being accused of being a boomer when you know that you aren't?

I prefer facts to be part of discussions about whatever in life.
Boomer is a way of life. Nitpicking the demarcation between Boomer and GenX is a very Boomer thing to do.

It's like Karen or Chad. Karens and Chads are very rarely named Karen or Chad.

EDIT - Also, as a Wing fan I do not want to trade for DeBrincat. Don't want to let that get lost in the rabbit holes.

• Haha
Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I agree! Chicago timing was perfect. Makes you wonder though how or even why Ottawa acquired DeBrincat without making sure he was open to staying long term and what his ask was. It’s quite… odd
I didn’t think it was odd. Ottawa hadn’t even experienced playoff race hockey in 5 years. It was time to make some moves to improve the team and be competitive.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yikes thats a whole lot of $$$$$$. Sens should still get a good return.
Very unlikely. Dorion backed himself into a corner and no other GM is going to help him out.

Bad GM is a bad GM. That is why trading for DBC was so risky: no one is going to give us good value when he wants to cash in as a UFA.

At least we won't be the one signing him to an albatross contract. Good player but he hasn't show he's a star player away from Patrick Kane; I'm fine with letting another team pay to find out if he can be.

Reactions: kinghock

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Well, I know you are. You said thank you numerous times.

I may not be a boomer but I'm certainly old enough not to care if someone calls me a boomer.

It was a little joke about someone forgetting the extra G in his name and it's been completely blown out of proportion.

Carry on everyone!

I feel like what got blown out of proportion is that you tried to make me feel like an idiot because I forgot the extra g in Snoop's name, and inferred that I'm a boomer.

I just brought up Snoop because it would be awesome if he was part owner of the Senators.

Take a look in the mirror and let's end it there. This isn't about this crap and I'm sorry if I have caused any sort of derailment in the discussion here.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I didn’t think it was odd. Ottawa hadn’t even experienced playoff race hockey in 5 years. It was time to make some moves to improve the team and be competitive.

Yeah, it was a bit like the Duchene trade.

I liked how Duchene played for Ottawa, he was just the wrong player at the wrong time.

Duchene actually had the most goals per game in a season of any Senator post-Pizza line (e.g. 2010+), including last year's team.

Personally, I think DeBrincat got a bit of a raw deal here.

Given his track record, I'm certain he expected to play on the top line in Ottawa, but with Stutzle-Giroux-Tkachuk playing so well together, he was stapled to a defensively-vacant Batherson and a wet-behind-the-ears rookie centre in Pinto.

It was tough to watch them struggle, it just wasn't a good fit. With Norris being out for the season, and Formenton being on hiatus, it was a bit frustrating to not even see a single game with the roster that Dorion had envisioned.

It's noted that most of DeBrincat's scoring was on the PP, but that's when he had the opportunity to play with Ottawa's top forwards.

His career shows peaks and valleys in terms of shooting percentage unsurprisingly coinciding with his strong seasons and slumps, but he does have a higher than usual average shooting percentage than most, like a poor man's Stamkos.

He was 15+% four out of his six seasons in the NHL. His 10.3% last season was second worst to an 8.7% back in 2019-2020.

I'd like to keep him as I think he has potential to rebound, but with the way his contract is set up, it's likely prohibitive. I think whoever gets him and puts him in the right situation could have a solid contributor on their hands.

I just brought up Snoop because it would be awesome if he was part owner of the Senators.

That's on me then, I thought you were taking a crack at Ottawa's ongoing ownership snafu.

Last edited:
Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I understand that but if you’re going to pay a top 10 pick + don’t you want to talk to the player first to make sure he’s willing to stay long term? That was just an odd decision from Ottawa’s GM

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Yeah, it was a bit like the Duchene trade.

I liked how Duchene played for Ottawa, he was just the wrong player at the wrong time.

Duchene actually had the most goals per game in a season of any Senator post-Pizza line (e.g. 2010+), including last year's team.

Personally, I think DeBrincat got a bit of a raw deal here.

Given his track record, I'm certain he expected to play on the top line in Ottawa, but with Stutzle-Giroux-Tkachuk playing so well together, he was stapled to a defensively-vacant Batherson and a wet-behind-the-ears rookie centre in Pinto.

It was tough to watch them struggle, it just wasn't a good fit. With Norris being out for the season, and Formenton being on hiatus, it was a bit frustrating to not even see a single game with the roster that Dorion had envisioned.

It's noted that most of DeBrincat's scoring was on the PP, but that's when he got the opportunity to play with Ottawa's top forwards.

His career shows peaks and valleys in terms of shooting percentage unsurprisingly coinciding with his strong seasons and slumps, but he does have a higher than usual average shooting percentage than most, like a poor man's Stamkos.

He was 15+% four out of his six seasons in the NHL. His 10.3% last season was second worst to an 8.7% back in 2019-2020.

I'd like to keep him as I think he has potential to rebound, but with the way his contract is set up, it's likely prohibitive. I think whoever gets him and puts him in the right situation could have a solid contributor on their hands.

That's on me then, I thought you were taking a crack at Ottawa's ongoing ownership snafu.
Dude, I am honestly thinking of.................

Man, I shouldn't even say this out loud.

If Snoop became part owner of the Sens, maybe I need to have a second team.

Maybe I need to then buy a Sens Snoop jersey (you know he'd have one, with his own number)

I am a secret (don't tell anyone) Sens fan. Always admired them and in fact it was watching the Senators back in the 90's in the playoffs that got me into NHL hockey.

It was so intense and fast and awesome, that I went "hmmm, maybe next season I'll start watching NHL hockey"

I could have chosen to be a Sens fan, but just thought hey, I live in Oshawa, Leafs are everywhere, let's do that.

That's how I became a Leafs fan (poor me!) I made a choice.

But will always have a soft spot for the Senators. I was also born in Deep River (moved when I was 6)

So there it is. Also, every Senators fan I have met in REAL LIFE are awesome people. My kind of people. I can't say that about other Leafs fans.............and yet I am one (a die hard)

I can totally take being called a boomer, it makes me laugh hearing it happen to other people. I have just never been accused of it and it's hilarious to me, I was waiting for it and you gave that to me.

So again, thank you.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
The more I think of it, the more Carolina makes the most sense.

Two late 1st is probably close to what both teams would agree on. Ottawa could use that as bait for another fish.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Probably figured three major factors would be things nobody knew at the time.

- How much he’d like his teammates and want to grow with them

- How much he’d like the city after living here a while and want to put down roots

- How much actual on ice success he’d have here

These are things you can’t know pre-acquisition of a player.
Most importantly is the team is for sale. Prior to last off-season the didn't have much optimism. The Giroux signing and DeBrincat trade created a buzz and the team was projected to be good enough to contend for a playoff spot. This buzz helped increase the sellability of the team.

The playoff hopes fell apart early though with the goaltending either being injured or underperforming and Norris going out a season ending injury early in the season. The #2/3 Dman in Zub also missed almost 30 games.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Dude, I am honestly thinking of.................

Man, I shouldn't even say this out loud.

If Snoop became part owner of the Sens, maybe I need to have a second team.

Maybe I need to then buy a Sens Snoop jersey (you know he'd have one, with his own number)

I am a secret (don't tell anyone) Sens fan. Always admired them and in fact it was watching the Senators back in the 90's in the playoffs that got me into NHL hockey.

It was so intense and fast and awesome, that I went "hmmm, maybe next season I'll start watching NHL hockey"

I could have chosen to be a Sens fan, but just thought hey, I live in Oshawa, Leafs are everywhere, let's do that.

That's how I became a Leafs fan (poor me!) I made a choice.

But will always have a soft spot for the Senators. I was also born in Deep River (moved when I was 6)

So there it is. Also, every Senators fan I have met in REAL LIFE are awesome people. My kind of people. I can't say that about other Leafs fans.............and yet I am one (a die hard)

I can totally take being called a boomer, it makes me laugh hearing it happen to other people. I have just never been accused of it and it's hilarious to me, I was waiting for it and you gave that to me.

So again, thank you.

Ottawa is so lacking in cool that missing out on Reynolds and probably Snoop doesn’t help.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad