LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Bratt for Debrincat if neither guy wants to sign with their current team?

same draft, same age, similar production

(I know this isn't realistic, but have to think the value is probably close)

Last edited:

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
Once more with "feeling"

i know that 90% of posters here dont know what kind of player Brinksy is,
so its not your fault.

Here goes once more.

Alex is a two way forward who is a first pass guy, who thinks the game three, four steps ahead of the play.

His hockey sense in neutral and offensive zones is one of the best in the NHL.

Good for and backchecker, surprisingly strong for his size/weigh class player.

In last few years have acquired a physical side to his game, which has shown in hits for one.

Great pp and pk player.

Is as good as passer what shooter.
His shot is one of the best in the NHL,
his release is one of the quickest, so is the accuracy of his shot.

He has the ability to score from anywhere in the o-zone, literally.

His ability to roof the puck is... well i have never seen a player whi can do it better what the cat does.
I hate that he is the best in the league at some things but only really, really, really great at everything else.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Don't think Ottawa gets a better offer.

I don't know if another team offers more than the 17th OVR + a 2nd, but I think they'd certainly demand an overpayment to trade DeBrincat within the division to a team trying to compete for the same wildcard spots as the Sens next season.

Feel like Detroit's offer would need to be fairly higher than offers from other teams to be accepted.

Bratt for Debrincat is neither guy wants to sign with their current team?

same draft, same age, similar production

(I know this isn't realistic, but have to think the value is probably close)

Sens would be all for that if Bratt were willing to re-sign long-term in Ottawa, but I doubt he would.

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
Bruce Garrioch reported today that Debrincat has told the team he isn’t interested in signing long term. Insider trading also reported that Debrincat and his camp have submitted a 10 team list that he’s willing to sign long term with.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Bruce Garrioch reported today that Debrincat has told the team he isn’t interested in signing long term. Insider trading also reported that Debrincat and his camp have submitted a 10 team list that he’s willing to sign long term with.
Well if he comes with an extension maybe the value wonmt be so low.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but how about a swap for Kyrou with some small adds on each side to even it out?

We don’t really need anymore wingers, but it’s been speculated that we may be interested, so I’m trying to think of something that would make sense. I love Kyrou, but it’s starting to seem like he may not be a fit in St. Louis’ system, which is an absolute bummer imo.

DeBrincat I believe is better defensively, and we desperately could use his one-timer on our first PP unit.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I hope that Debrincat at least included some realistic teams that would be able to afford him. But knowing the Sens luck, the majority of his teams are probably contending teams that are close to the cap or teams that might not have any interest in him to begin with.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but how about a swap for Kyrou with some small adds on each side to even it out?

We don’t really need anymore wingers, but it’s been speculated that we may be interested, so I’m trying to think of something that would make sense. I love Kyrou, but it’s starting to seem like he may not be a fit in St. Louis’ system, which is an absolute bummer imo.

DeBrincat I believe is better defensively, and we desperately could use his one-timer on our first PP unit.
Sure.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
Something around 14 OA from PIT?
For a signed Debrincat? Maybe add a competent middle 6 winger plus another small piece. We need a replacement for Debrincat as well, someone who can effectively play in the top 6

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Good player. Not worth 9+ million but should certainly net Ottawa a decent return.

Chicago was right to trade him when they did given their rebuild timeline.
Doubt the return is anything special. Closest recent comparable winger of a similar age with a year left on his deal was Buchnevich who only cost STL Sammy Blais and a 2nd.

Doubt he gets Ottawa much more than a late 1st or a 2nd + B level prospect.

Because of this, if Ottawa are serious about making the playoffs, they may as well just keep him, and trade him at the deadline if they're out of it.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Doubt the return is anything special. Closest recent comparable winger with a year left on his deal was Buchnevich who only cost STL Sammy Blais and a 2nd.

Doubt he gets Ottawa much more than a late 1st or a 2nd + B level prospect.

Because of this, if Ottawa are serious about making the playoffs, they may as well just keep him, and trade him at the deadline if they're out of it.
Kevin Fiala?

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Kevin Fiala?
Late 1st and a B level prospect. Yeah that's the high end I guess. Something between Fiala and Buchnevich.

Admittedly with this next point I'm merely splitting hairs, but I do think Fiala is seen as somewhere between a slightly to moderately better player than Debrincat. Nothing to get in an angry internet argument about though lol.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Kevin Fiala?
Fiala had 19 more points the season before he was traded than ADB had this season. He also signed for under $8M. All indications are that ADB wants a huge deal. My expectation is if you trade for him you’re getting a 1 year rental with him going to UFA as soon as possible

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Sens would be all for that if Bratt were willing to re-sign long-term in Ottawa, but I doubt he would.
What makes you say that? Historically, Swedes have loved this city (see Karlsson, Alfredsson), and the thing that drove them away (Melnyk) is no longer around. Ottawa’s clearly on the upswing - if Bratt has to leave NJ and sign long term elsewhere, Ottawa would have to look like a solid option.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I’d say they’re comparable. A mid-first plus a top prospect is what he got.

Minnesota was also strapped to the cap and couln’t aadd players, where Ottawa can.

I understand the circumstances but I don’t think they’re comparable value. Fiala is a guy that elevates whatever line he’s on in a way that DeBrincat doesn’t.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Fiala is better and cost a late 1st + Brock Faber (1st round value)

The two are very different situations, though.

Minnesota couldn't take much, if any, salary back when trading Fiala.
Ottawa will likely be willing to take up to $8M AAV in salary back when trading Debrincat.

Being able to do a money out money in deal will make it much easier to get more value.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
The two are very different situations, though.

Minnesota couldn't take much, if any, salary back when trading Fiala.
Ottawa will likely be willing to take up to $8M AAV in salary back when trading Debrincat.

Being able to do a money out money in deal will make it much easier to get more value.

The teams trading for DeBrincat aren’t going to send an 8 million dollar value player back to Ottawa though. Those guys are either legit top pair D or legit top line forwards or cap dumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad