LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Money, I'd venture to guess.

Probably money but who knows.

If he stayed he would be playing with better players since Norris will be back. The sens should be a competitive team.

Either it's money or he just hates the city or doesn't like playing in Canada.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
This is not true. A player can be traded in the season after an arbitration award.

Ottawa could take him to arbitration, get his salary down, and then trade him during the season with additional retention, if they so choose.

Now, I don’t think that’s the route they’ll take. But they could.

Yeah, I was mistaken. I mixed up the rules for offer sheets and arbitration.

Assuming Ottawa takes him to arbitration though, it basically guarantees DeBrincat doesn't re-sign and a team is basically trading for a rental.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Yeah, I was mistaken. I mixed up the rules for offer sheets and arbitration.

Assuming Ottawa takes him to arbitration though, it basically guarantees DeBrincat doesn't re-sign and a team is basically trading for a rental.

He could still sign an extension with another team after the trade. Don’t see why he wouldn’t if it’s one of his “preferred” spots.

I’d bet he’s traded at the draft though. Ottawa needs to take a step next year, they won’t want the distraction going into the season.

Could see them trading him for a 1st + young 3rd liner and then taking a run at Killorn as a UFA.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
What incredible new arena under construction???

They don't have a shovel in the ground. It's what, at best 3-4 years away? Maybe 5?

Meaningless for Debrincat. Dude could be well beyond Ottawa at that point.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'd say he has more value than Caulfield, so thats a good barometer. 8 is likely minimum, but can easily push 9 especially with the cap shooting up.
From a Boston perspective I think he’s priced out at that price. I was thinking something along the lines and Ullmark plus Hall for Alex +. But I don’t think it makes sense if he’s between 8 and 9.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Why not? This is the exact same situation that played out with Tkachuk and Calgary last summer, and they got good pieces back.
Same as Reinhart the year before too. He didn’t have quite as good a resume and still brought back a 1st (Kulich) and Levi. Ottawa should do better than that…the Florida pick in the Reinhart trade ended up being for a Presidents Trophy winner lol. But they appear to have nailed the pick.

Ottawa probably doesn’t want full futures like Kulich and Levi or pure vets like Calgary got. But they should be able to get a mix of value somewhere between those two returns.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I don’t understand wanting out of Ottawa, honestly. Young team with immense potential, incredible new arena under construction. Beautiful city. There’s so much to like about being in Ottawa.
MODHe probably wants to play with the panthers or lightning if they can afford him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: deca guard

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
From a Boston perspective I think he’s priced out at that price. I was thinking something along the lines and Ullmark plus Hall for Alex +. But I don’t think it makes sense if he’s between 8 and 9.

FWIW I've been guessing low 8s since he got traded to Ottawa. Some deemed that to be Pejorative Slured as he was getting 9+ no matter what. Those people have shut up by now though. Lol

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
FWIW I've been guessing low 8s since he got traded to Ottawa. Some deemed that to be Pejorative Slured as he was getting 9+ no matter what. Those people have shut up by now though. Lol
Whatever he gets will be another contract where we look at Tage Thompsons 7.15 million x 7 that hasn’t even started yet and shake our heads.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
I don’t understand wanting out of Ottawa, honestly. Young team with immense potential, incredible new arena under construction. Beautiful city. There’s so much to like about being in Ottawa.

That new arena hasnt been under construction since 2016, when announced.

The team doesnt even have its next owner, let alone rink. The barn they call an arena was out dated when it was built.

The team is young and exciting, but there is a lot of uncertainty with everyone in that organization. Obviously core players know they are likely to remain but under what changes?

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Garrioch mentions Carolina, Detroit, St.Louis, Washington, and Nashville

I guess there is also the possibility of 3 team trades

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

The reasons are not what you described. Reason is simple, the role what was given to him was small and how he was used on several different situations
were weird, their coaching staff just has no clue what kind of player he is and i had this feeling all a long that DJ Smith realy didn't like him from the get go, they saw him a diminutive secondary sniper, instead of elite 1st line winger.

He wanted to satay, he and his family like Ottawa, a lot, but career wise staying would be bloody murder.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Ottawa is pretty low on the list of cities where Americans want to spend their winter.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
For some reason I can see him in Carolina, Los Angeles, Detroit or Philadelphia.
Zero chance of Philly. The Flyers are going through a rebuild, just traded Provorov for futures, and may trade Hart for the same. Last thing they're doing is trading for DeBrincat and paying him 9 mil per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad