LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I porposed this on the CAR board. Wonder what others think?

30th overall
Conditional 2024 1st - if DeBrincat Re-Signs
Conditional 2024 2nd - If he Re-signs and CAR wins the cup

Ottawa could then flip that return and get a DeBrincat replacement, or pehaps even a goalie.

I believe you misunderstood my quote ragrding Keller. I was suggesting getting futures back for DeBrincat, and then sending those futures (along with Pinto) to Arizona for Keller.

You can't make conditions on resigning any more im pretty sure

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Kempe for Debrincat are you crazy? I'd give you Iafallo,Moore,Roy,Turcotte and Fagemo plus Lias Andersson and Walker
The problem is none of those players you listed are even good

Kings wouldn’t be interested in DeBrincat, period

They have no need for him

Kempe > DeBrincat

Vilardi and Roy> DeBrincat

You can argue about DeBrincat value, but he is still not needed in LA.
In no universe has Kempe ever been better lol

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Sure it’s a win-win for Ottawa and the team they trade Alex too.

My money would be on Detroit acquiring DeBrincat as they have the draft capital and cap space to acquire DeBrincat.

My offer for DeBrincat would be the 17th overall pick 1st round, the 41st overall pick 2nd round, and a 4th round pick in 2025.
That makes sense for Detroit, Cat's home town team, good chance to sign, cap room, need a great hands scorer badly. I'd say it'll be 1st and 2nd, not 4th. Maybe even 1st and 3rd..

Detroit (long-term), Carolina (win-now) and Islanders (win-now) are teams that really could use DeBrincat. Weak free agent class this year, this is how you'll get a scorer.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
The problem is none of those players you listed are even good

In no universe has Kempe ever been better lol
Adrain Kempe has broken the 40 goal mark this season but still isn’t on par with Alex DeBrincat in the points department.

Kempe did preform very good in the playoffs for LA with 8 points in 6 games.

Kempe is on a good contract at $5.5mil per season for the next 3 seasons.

If DeBrincat and Kempe were on tiers Kempe would be just below DeBrincat but that gap could close if Kempe keeps producing.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
No I meant Moritz. Just countering the ridiculous offers thrown by Wings fans.
If the Red Wings want Debrincat, they will need to package a 1st along with Soderblom.
They don't. He's from Michigan. That's the only reason the Wings get roped into these threads. That might mean he might want to go to the Wings, but does not support the inverse.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I agree! Chicago timing was perfect. Makes you wonder though how or even why Ottawa acquired DeBrincat without making sure he was open to staying long term and what his ask was. It’s quite… odd
Well the GM is a bumbling moron. This is his 9th life id imagine my god has he made some terrible trades.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I mean...he had a pretty damn good summer. I'll take a 2.0
Uhhh he clearly did not he has to trade him now. He made this horrible trade and the Gustavsson one. Giroux was coming to ottawa no matter who was here. He traded Brown for peanutes when he knew Formenton wasnt coming back. It was a god damned massacre of an offseason he sucks. Sens fans deserve a real GM.

What was the purpose of the acquisition? I thought they planned on signing him long term.
You'd think making a trade like that he would have established that was a likely outcome. But its Pierre Dorion we are talking about.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I would trade Iafallo, Moore, and Fagemo for DeBrincat if Kings had money to sign Gavrikov and Vilardi.

Because LA currently do not have money to sign their own free agents, I believe they will trade Iafallo/Arvidsson and Moore for draft pics only.
Why would Ottawa do that? Those players are boderline cap dumps. I dont want the sens to keep Debrincat because he doesnt make sense with their current contracts and roster construction. But for that trash atleast include a prospect or a pick.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
A straight 1-1 for Bratt makes a lot of sense from NJ's side, I don't know how the Sens would feel about it though.
If it happened we'd have to put the Bratt vs every single Senator player polls though. LOL
if debrincat is signing long term below 8m. else it is the same story.

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
I'd rather just sign him for a year and let him walk to be honest.

If offers are this underwhelming, just wait until the deadline and hope ownership gets an extension resolved. If not, oh well it's not like we'd have missed out on much.
I'm a wings fan and this is clearly a joke, but if you want to take it seriously I'm down.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
if debrincat is signing long term below 8m. else it is the same story.
If DeBrincat signs elsewhere for 8 M its to be the feature LWinger! He's better in a 2nd line role with a strong front line!Not worth first line money! Ottawa will sign him for a year since the Cat is a 6 year pro and a RFA so the Sens have some control and the Cat has some maneuverability limitations

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
For some reason I can see him in Carolina, Los Angeles, Detroit or Philadelphia.
DeBrincat in LA...well the Sens would need to take back 4-5 contracts...How about Iafallo,Moore,Turcotte,Walker, and Grundstrom!The only one I don't to see LA trade is Grundstrom that RWinger,turned LWinger turned Winger! Got grit in spades,has some talent and would really blossom in the right setting and linemates! Carl is a Winger that needs 3rd line minutes to be effective otherwise his talent is wasted

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Makes a lot of sense for NYI. Still, decades counting, sorely need a goalscoring winger.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
I think a team like Carolina could use the Cat. They had so much trouble scoring in the playoffs. Nobody with the great in tight hands like the Cat has. Cat would have better numbers on the 1st line there than on the 2nd line like with the Sens.

Not sure what the package would be, as Canes' 1st rounder is very late, and probably will be next year as well. Maybe 2 1sts. Sens downgrade from what they paid as 1 year of ADB is worth less than 2 years.

I think the Sens should trade him whether he wants to sign or not. They have lots of scorers, his spot will be taken by Norris on PP1 next season. I'd rather spend the money on a goalie, better 3rd line, and/or save money for signing Sanderson and Chychrun in the coming years, more important than the Cat.

Sign and trades are so rare, I won't even consider it.

People say the Sens have no leverage, but they don't have to trade him in the summer, they could easily trade him at the deadline probably for a similar amount. One good thing for Sens is the total lack of scoring free agents available this summer. If someone wants a scorer, Cat is one of the few options available.
Agree overall but I don't think trade deadline is a very good option since we are aiming for playoffs this year and should have a good chance to make it if we get average or better goaltending. You don't normally trade away a top 6 forward at the deadline if you are in or near a playoff spot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad