LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I'm a sens fan and I'd take Kempe for DeBrincat instantly. Much better fit for Ottawa, much better contract, and given his play the last couple years he seems to have taken a decent step. I wouldn't be expecting a repeat performance so much as he's been playing pretty prime minutes in LA as far as I'm aware but if he's good for 25G at that price with the game he plays sign me up.

Never been a fan of DeBrincat who I find is often just waiting at the side of the net with his stick cocked too often while plays crumble around him.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Why would Ottawa do that? Those players are boderline cap dumps. I dont want the sens to keep Debrincat because he doesnt make sense with their current contracts and roster construction. But for that trash atleast include a prospect or a pick.
I was responding to trade idea from another fan (Bjornar Moxnes)
It was his idea, not mine.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I mean...he had a pretty damn good summer. I'll take a 2.0
I guess it depends on the final analysis which depends on what the Senators get back if they move Debrincat. They gave up some good assets: 7th overall, 2nd, & 3rd.

I can see the Debrincat trade being characterized as impatient. It was just a one year deal with a questionable or uncertain 2nd year. A QO of $9m doesn't look particularly appealing given the Senators cap situation. It's fair to question whether that was wise given the stage the Senators were at (nearing the end of the rebuild, but not quite finished). And, the results of not making the playoffs with a young roster would bear that out. Maybe Pierre was worried about his job with new ownership on the horizon?

Debrincat was the big off season/summer signing as Talbot wasn't great.

I guess there was the early euphoria in the summer, but like a lot of things, you really need to wait a bit to see how things work out.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Ledge And Dairy

I would love him in Calgary but a few issues
1. He's gonna have to find a new number, 12 ain't coming out of retirement
2. he would need to be willing to sign a long term deal at under 8.5M, if a sign and trade is needed to bring down the cost like with Tkachuk then sure
3. Ottawa would need to be willing to take back almost exactly the same if not a bit more in cap but spread across a few contracts. ie Toffoli + Hanifin/Tanev + Vladar (or Vladar is moved elsewhere)

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
I would love him in Calgary but a few issues
1. He's gonna have to find a new number, 12 ain't coming out of retirement
2. he would need to be willing to sign a long term deal at under 8.5M, if a sign and trade is needed to bring down the cost like with Tkachuk then sure
3. Ottawa would need to be willing to take back almost exactly the same if not a bit more in cap but spread across a few contracts. ie Toffoli + Hanifin/Tanev + Vladar (or Vladar is moved elsewhere)

If he doesn't want to sign long term in Ottawa, he sure as hell wouldn't sign long term in Calgary.

Assen na yo!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Haven't been following, why is he being traded?
He’s an RFA with a minimum arbitration contract of 7.8 million and a QO of 9 million, who likely wants to teat the market.

Who’d have thunk that a little homework prior to trading away a 7th overall pick would have been a good idea.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
He’s an RFA with a minimum arbitration contract of 7.8 million and a QO of 9 million, who likely wants to teat the market.

Who’d have thunk that a little homework prior to trading away a 7th overall pick would have been a good idea.

Yikes thats a whole lot of $$$$$$. Sens should still get a good return.

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
7th overall pick, 39th overall pick and a future 3rd rounder

A lot of draft capital for 1 year of a good but non-premier player in a non-contending season.

Good luck recouping anywhere near that kind of value back for him.
Sens would've wasted that second-round pick on another Ben Roger-type player anyways.

Reactions: branch

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Just trade him to Florida as their the Panthers and he has cat in his name. Another one be Predators that would fit well as well!

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Pens fans keep talking about "going all in" as if they have any assets.

Well, here's your chance. 14th overall for The Cat even without extension or verbal agreement is probably as good as you're going to get.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He's that super smooth dude that smokes a lot of weed and makes rap music?

Have I spelled his name wrong or something?

41R0s7yjf2L._AC_SX385_.jpg

This will save you from some boomer comments down the road.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think Ottawa has players they like more and just fit what they are doing better and Debrincat will probably get them a player or players who will also fit better. Sometimes maximizing an asset turns out real good for you. Think Sens get a nice piece back who fits into the more 2 way game they are trying to play.

Reactions: SENStastic

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
OHHHHHHH it finally happened!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for so long to be called a Boomer!

Bless you.

My parents are Boomers, I am not.

I'm like......late Gen X.

Thank you so much though I'm not even joking.

Hahahaha, Boomer!

I am also not a boomer, but am frequently accused of being so when discussing Dua Lipa or whoever with my nieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad