LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Would have him back in Chicago. I know he loved the city, (Who doesn’t). Also the reason the return on him was less than expected was clear shortly after when he wouldn’t even consider an extension. I argue Davidson did what most teams don’t and trade a guy early, when it’s actually the right time.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Would anyone do 1st + 1st for DeBrincat and a 2nd?
Doesn't have to be 2023 picks

Edit:
1st + 2nd seems to be a common offer, and this isn't that much more but is also a lot more enticing. Just curious

Reactions: bert

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Would have him back in Chicago. I know he loved the city, (Who doesn’t). Also the reason the return on him was less than expected was clear shortly after when he wouldn’t even consider an extension. I argue Davidson did what most teams don’t and trade a guy early, when it’s actually the right time.
Is there even a source that he wouldn’t sign in Chicago?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Whatever they get back, my hope is they can package it along with Pinto to land Keller, and then just sign a 3C to replace Pinto. Otherwise I'd want a player in return and not futures.

FTR:
Some ARZ fans seemd to like the idea of Pinto, a 1st, and Kleven for Keller.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He wont move because the offers wont be anywhere near what they paid
How does the value of 7th overall in 2022 compare with a 15-18th overall in 2023?

A mid 1st rounder + B prospect might do. Using the 8-9 mill in cap space to allocate 2-3 players through UFA/trade probably makes us a better team. A lot easier said than done though.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'm sure Dorion would love an excuse to keep DeBrincat for next year to try to save his own skin.

Only way he's trading DeBrincat this summer is for a package that doesn't make him look terrible.

What will help him get such a package is the fact that the UFA market for forwards, particularly ones still in their 20s, is extremely thin this year.

It's basically Bertuzzi and maybe Barbashev, should he not extend in Vegas. Rest of the quality forwards are getting up there in age and teams trying to take the next step probably won't be interested.

Should be plenty of suitors. Could see DET, ANA, WSH, NSH, CAR and NYI possibly being interested.

Reactions: PatrickMcC

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
I think a team like Carolina could use the Cat. They had so much trouble scoring in the playoffs. Nobody with the great in tight hands like the Cat has. Cat would have better numbers on the 1st line there than on the 2nd line like with the Sens.

Not sure what the package would be, as Canes' 1st rounder is very late, and probably will be next year as well. Maybe 2 1sts. Sens downgrade from what they paid as 1 year of ADB is worth less than 2 years.

I think the Sens should trade him whether he wants to sign or not. They have lots of scorers, his spot will be taken by Norris on PP1 next season. I'd rather spend the money on a goalie, better 3rd line, and/or save money for signing Sanderson and Chychrun in the coming years, more important than the Cat.

Sign and trades are so rare, I won't even consider it.

People say the Sens have no leverage, but they don't have to trade him in the summer, they could easily trade him at the deadline probably for a similar amount. One good thing for Sens is the total lack of scoring free agents available this summer. If someone wants a scorer, Cat is one of the few options available.

Reactions: SweSensFan

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I'd actually do that if all waived to come to Sens. Iafallo, Moore, and Fagemo make us deeper.
I would trade Iafallo, Moore, and Fagemo for DeBrincat if Kings had money to sign Gavrikov and Vilardi.

Because LA currently do not have money to sign their own free agents, I believe they will trade Iafallo/Arvidsson and Moore for draft pics only.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
His value is somewhere between every easily expendable piece off on the Kings roster (or a bunch of average salary) and Kempe or Vilardi+Roy. Those are both extremes in opposite directions.

Vilardi seems like a reasonable request but the salary add is certainly not Matty Roy. Kempe is just another level of size and speed and impact. Zero chance the Kings entertain that.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Ive seen Bratt’s name mentioned in other threads.

If devils fans do want to move on from him then maybe a shakeup trade for Cat? Even the trade out with picks or players?

I don’t think the Sens should go for picks in this deal. Try to get a similar caliber player back if possible and even add depending on how much
Not really interested in Debrincat, but if they end up backed into a corner trying to get a ready contributor to recoup assets when Bratt doesn’t re-sign, he might be the only option. But then again, Debrincat probably wants even more money than Bratt so doesn’t really make sense.

Ottawa would need to add.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Kings wouldn’t be interested in DeBrincat, period

They have no need for him

Kempe > DeBrincat

Vilardi and Roy> DeBrincat

You can argue about DeBrincat value, but he is still not needed in LA.
DeBrincat in 32 less games played has over a hundred more points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad