Confirmed with Link: DeBrincat signs for 4 year, $7.875 per year extension)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Public Service Announcement:

Wings fans, find your favorite betting establishment. Look up the over/under for points in the standings, and take the over before they update the number in the wake of this trade.

Hell to the yeah. LET'S GO!!!

red-wings-win.gif

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Probably not. The Atlantic will be TBL/TML/FL. Meaning Detroit will need to compete with the Sens/Sabres/Devils/Pens/Flyers/Bruins for the wildcard spots.

I agree that it'll be tough for the Wings to make it, but I'm not convinced Florida is a lock. They barely made it this year, and had a miracle happen when Lyon went superstar for a few weeks. I think they will be an odds-on favorite, but I wouldn't be surprised if they struggle again and miss.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Probably not. The Atlantic will be TBL/TML/FL. Meaning Detroit will need to compete with the Sens/Sabres/Devils/Pens/Flyers/Bruins for the wildcard spots.
The Devils are not fighting for a WC spot. They’ll be competing for top spot in that division.

This move puts us in decent contention with the Sens, Isles, and Sabres. The Flyers, Caps, and Pens suck, probably worse than us next season. Bruins are a wildcard.

Reactions: SoupNazi

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Forward group is coming along nicely. And there's help on the way in the prospect pool.

Defense and goaltending are still a question mark that will make or break if this is a playoff roster. But there's great prospects at those positions as well.

I can't say if this team ever becomes a perennial contender yet, but the basement days are well behind us at this point. Meaningful hockey is back on the menu.

I think the thing that intrigues me the most out of this group is... depending on which direction they go, enough of these guys are versatile enough and can play multiple roles up and down the lineup, so it gives Lalonde a lot of interesting options.

I know people haven't really responded to the suggestion I've made in the past, but I don't think Compher as RW1 is out of the question. Playing next to Larkin as a all-rounder, scrappy pest to play along side him and a true sniper on the left... Vrana flamed out due to his personal issues and Bert asked for too much term at too high of a price (7x7MAAV) - and Steve replaced them in my mind with Cat and Compher. The idea that Compher as a stylistic successor to Bert without all the injury history + he can play C as well just feels like a nice bump and has working history with Larkin already from UM. All of it seems a little too baked and convenient.

Compher moves to that kind of role hypothetically if Kasper amazes and takes a C spot out of camp (possible), or is the projections that they are trying to build a Grind Line style of tough guys who are big and can score (Kostin, Fisher) but no logical C...except for Ras.

I like the idea of:

Debrincat - Larkin - Compher
Perron - Copp - Raymond
Veleno/Sprong - Fabbri - Berggren
Kostin - Rasmussen - Fisher

That group fascinates me!

I kind of like Raymond Perron and Copp as a thing - since Raymond can play a bit slower, Copp and get down into the slot and bang, and Perron can be there on the trigger and you kind of run it from the outside with Raymond driving

The other line of Kostin - Rasmussen - Fischer; that's a lot of jam. All big boys and bodies, like to play tough, and none of them are really offensive black holes. All should be 10g+ dudes who would just be hard to play against, and really throw around some weight. Would hold up most of our PK assignments or otherwise just go rolling out and trying to roll over whatever they were matched up against.

haha - the two least interesting out of that grouping to me is DBC-Larkin-Compher who would handle the majority of our scoring, but the third line of Sprong - Fabbri - Berggren could be particularly nasty because of the weakest matchups they would spot against and could do some serious damage against less comp. and you could mix and match around the bottoms six for power and grit, and a lot of playmaking out of that group.

TL;DR - I love our forwards and how many interesting options we could potentially see in the next year

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Lmao

So we gave up a potential non playoff 1st rounder in 2024 to shut up fans so we can keep a guy for 4 years in which we'll win jack shit lmao sad

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I agree that it'll be tough for the Wings to make it, but I'm not convinced Florida is a lock. They barely made it this year, and had a miracle happen when Lyon went superstar for a few weeks. I think they will be an odds-on favorite, but I wouldn't be surprised if they struggle again and miss.
I think the Panthers are stronger going into this season, they seemed like a team of a lot of good parts but not working well together the until the TDL. After that and their playoff run they looked like the team they should have been the whole season. I think they will be very good. And if they don't make it, Boston could lose 20 more games than they did last season and still be #3 in the Atlantic.

Lmao

So we gave up a potential non playoff 1st rounder in 2024 to shut up fans so we can keep a guy for 4 years in which we'll win jack shit lmao sad

Boston could lose 20 more games next year than they did last year and still be a 95 point team and still be in the playoffs. Its very unlikely given how deep they are they don't make the playoffs next year.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I think the Panthers are stronger going into this season, they seemed like a team of a lot of good parts but not working well together the until the TDL. After that and their playoff run they looked like the team they should have been the whole season. I think they will be very good. And if they don't make it, Boston could lose 20 more games than they did last season and still be #3 in the Atlantic.

You're probably right, but I feel like they lost depth and a really valuable defenseman in Gudas. Florida should be a lock, but I think it depends on how many injuries heal before the season starts.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
Lmao

It’s like the goal is winning and not accumulating draft picks - crazy! Come on man we have a true goal scoring stud to pair with Larkin - it’s a great day!!

Reactions: jkutswings

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
it's funny how with all the guys that have been rumored to want to force their way here for years on end that didn't end up panning out at all someone actually does and there weren't really any rumors about it till the trade talks kicked off

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
It’s like the goal is winning and not accumulating draft picks - crazy! Come on man we have a true goal scoring stud to pair with Larkin - it’s a great day!!

I wouldn't go that far. Offensively they likely will get someone that looks a lot like 21-22 Bert stat wise. I don't see him as a lock for 40 goals with Larkin. But this definitely makes the Red Wings way deeper on wing which they needed and they didn't overpay ADB or Ottawa to do it.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Look at this mess we started with...

2019-2020 Roster
(lineup by ice time/games played, dudes were moving all over the lineup that year it was a mess)

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Fabbri - Filppula - AA
Helm - Glendenning - Zadina
Abdelkader - Nielsen - Erne

Perlini/Hirose/G. Smith/de la Rose/Gagner

Nemeth - Hronek
Cholowski - Green
Daley - Bowey

DeKeyser/Biega/Ericsson/Lindstrom/McIlrath/Lashoff

Bernier
Howard

Like do a side by side with the current team and ages and holy shit.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Look at this mess we started with...

2019-2020 Roster
(lineup by ice time/games played, dudes were moving all over the lineup that year it was a mess)

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Fabbri - Filppula - AA
Helm - Glendenning - Zadina
Abdelkader - Nielsen - Erne

Perlini/Hirose/G. Smith/de la Rose/Gagner

Nemeth - Hronek
Cholowski - Green
Daley - Bowey

DeKeyser/Biega/Ericsson/Lindstrom/McIlrath/Lashoff

Bernier
Howard

Like do a side by side with the current team and ages and holy shit.
Holland made some rebuild-ish moves before he left, but the rebuild didn't officially start until Yzerman took over. The contracts, roster, prospects etc were brutal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad