Confirmed with Link: DeBrincat signs for 4 year, $7.875 per year extension)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Awesome condition on the 1st too, guarantees we don't get caught out somehow and give up a high pick. Honestly at this point I won't be surprised if we end up giving up our own 1st in the end. We may very well be in a better position than Boston at the end of the day.
Worst case scenario is we lose Boston's unprotected 1st in 2025 and it ends up being high.
But if just one of us or Boston manages to make the playoffs this coming season we've gotten amazing value on this trade.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
In all seriousness, got to think ADB basically told Dorion the only team he’d sign with was Detroit, making it nearly impossible to move him anywhere but Detroit.
Based on the return, I have to agree.

Reactions: Bench

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Glad we kept Berggren. Wish it could have been Fabbri rather than Kubalik. Here's hoping coach uses him, otherwise we paid a hefty price for a shorter Kubalik.
I’m no DBC fan but you’re on crack if you think Debrincat is anything less than 10x the player Kubalik is.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Based on the return, I have to agree.
Which is back-breaking for the Sens. Not only did they lose ADB, but they lost him in the division to one of the teams they're competing against for the next many years. That is something I don't think is being talked about enough. These types of trades never happen, and they happen even less with one team winning it so badly.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
So were the annoying hourly micro (but not really) updates over the past few days/weeks worth it?

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Feels like this is the first time in a really long time when are back to being buyers, and a destination players actively pursue. Biggest trade since Hasek?

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
In all seriousness, got to think ADB basically told Dorion the only team he’d sign with was Detroit, making it nearly impossible to move him anywhere but Detroit.
I want to like this ten times because this is most likely definitely what happened

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad